Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2023 20:48
bud fox wrote:
19 Oct 2023 18:11
Labrev wrote:
19 Oct 2023 17:17

That does not contradict what I said. He outplayed Mahomes. Go check the stat-line!
1 td, 1 int, 1 fumble, 69.5 rating - Love
1 td, 0 int, 0 fumble, 74.8 rating - mahomes

Yeah he outplayed him in stats.

Love also had one of the worst first half ratings of all time from memory and scored the td with 4 mins left in the game.
Without looking up the stats myself, this just does seem like a total random assortment of cherry picked and concealed stats to support an agenda. Not sure I’ve ever seen just those 4 stats shown to describe anyone’s performance.

As evidenced by the last sentence could have been written, ‘he saved his best plays for the most clutch time in a close game’. But agenda and all.
what agenda is that? the whole point is that Love was outplayed till KC went into prevent defenses, which as we well know often allows the other team to climb back in the game.

could be said the same thing has been happening this year, very slow first half, defense softens and he plays better as a result, same as that KC game.

and Buds stats are the same used to rank QB's in every game.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
19 Oct 2023 20:58
BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2023 20:48
bud fox wrote:

Love also had one of the worst first half ratings of all time from memory and scored the td with 4 mins left in the game.
Without looking up the stats myself, this just does seem like a total random assortment of cherry picked and concealed stats to support an agenda. Not sure I’ve ever seen just those 4 stats shown to describe anyone’s performance.

As evidenced by the last sentence could have been written, ‘he saved his best plays for the most clutch time in a close game’. But agenda and all.
Show whatever stats you want but td int and rating are always used.

Rating is essentially all you need.
Bud these people don't play with a full deck, you nailed this. :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Lol you guys are too funny.

Just never seen anyone show just TD, Int, fumble rating before and only those 4.

What agenda? Bud has a clear agenda now to show Love isn’t good. We’ve seen this. Being accurate and thorough is out the window, defending the conclusion is new priority. To the point where he said qb rating is all you need. :rotf:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
20 Oct 2023 06:59

Being accurate… is out the window
Is this a Jordan Love joke? If it is that’s hilarious.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
20 Oct 2023 06:59
Lol you guys are too funny.

Just never seen anyone show just TD, Int, fumble rating before and only those 4.

What agenda? Bud has a clear agenda now to show Love isn’t good. We’ve seen this. Being accurate and thorough is out the window, defending the conclusion is new priority. To the point where he said qb rating is all you need. :rotf:
Bud is right, Love struggled till KC had the game in hand, and Love has struggled the same way in the last 2 games the same as he did against KC, once defenses play a more prevention style of coverage, less pressure, Love improves.

I brought up that he struggles with pressure and was shot down just as you and your two amigos have now done with Bud.

Bud no more dislikes Love then I do, what he dislikes is the same as me, the constant barrage of BS directed at Rodgers

and fyi Love has not been good except with clean pockets

same BS I get, twisting of words, moving the goal post.

we use stats to define this stuff all the time, what about QBR doesn't define QB play?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Oct 2023 08:00
Bud is right,
Never implied he wasn’t

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
20 Oct 2023 08:18
Yoop wrote:
20 Oct 2023 08:00
Bud is right,
Never implied he wasn’t
then why claim his stats where cherry picked? Bud was asked for evidence, gave it, and anyone that watched that KC game saw exactly what Bud saw, and it resembles what we've seen from Love at times this season, Love struggles against pass rush, becomes polarized, doesn't work through his progressions, becomes inaccurate, what we saw for much of the KC game we still see from Love the last few weeks.

these I think where our biggest worry's for Love, and stuff where still dealing with. :idn:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

CWIMM wrote:
20 Oct 2023 04:51
Labrev wrote:
19 Oct 2023 19:24
bud fox wrote:

So the team needs to "help out" an elite QB going up against the mediocre Jimmy G.

But no such expectation to help a QB in his first-ever start, going up against *the best* QB, and no mention of how the ST or OL played very poorly (ST arguably costing us the game).

Seems pretty, I dunno... backwards? I tend to think an elite QB should need less help to best a mediocre one, and a green QB should be supported more going up against the best guy, but that's just me.
You literally suggested to check the stats to see that Love outplayed Mahomes. When proven wrong you focus on something completely different.
Of course I am, dum-dum, my initial point was intended as bait from the beginning.

I notice you do this a lot, though: read posts at face-value and swoop in mid-convo with (pedantic) replies that have little/nothing to do with the broader conversation at hand, and lack awareness of the unique dynamics of the community which regulars understand implicitly, but floaters don't.
Last edited by Labrev on 20 Oct 2023 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

musclestang wrote:
20 Oct 2023 05:29
touchdowns, turnovers and ratings are hardly random stats.
The fumble was not a turnover. Interesting that he included fumble but did not specify if it was lost or not.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
20 Oct 2023 09:04
CWIMM wrote:
20 Oct 2023 04:51
Labrev wrote:
19 Oct 2023 19:24

So the team needs to "help out" an elite QB going up against the mediocre Jimmy G.

But no such expectation to help a QB in his first-ever start, going up against *the best* QB, and no mention of how the ST or OL played very poorly (ST arguably costing us the game).

Seems pretty, I dunno... backwards? I tend to think an elite QB should need less help to best a mediocre one, and a green QB should be supported more going up against the best guy, but that's just me.
You literally suggested to check the stats to see that Love outplayed Mahomes. When proven wrong you focus on something completely different.
Of course I am, dum-dum, my initial point was intended as bait from the beginning.

I notice you do this a lot, though: read posts at face-value and swoop in mid-convo with (pedantic) replies that have little/nothing to do with the broader conversation at hand, and lack awareness of the unique dynamics of the community which regulars understand implicitly, but floaters don't.
you just admitted to baiting another poster in a attempt to frustrate or confuse, when said poster was right, and now frustrate a new member who has brought clarity to many conversations.

Labrev is it your intention to chase members away?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Oct 2023 20:05
Love is entering a critical stretch in his career. He’s post bye week now, it’s time to show a leap forward. Seeing that I know his receivers suck, I just want to see him protect the ball. Let us win games on the back of the defense and Anders…don’t just throw us into losses via turnovers. If the awful turnovers keep happening, we very well may draft another qb. I don’t care what his stats are, Il defend Love if he cuts the turnovers out.
What's wrong with the backup QB from Penn State?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
20 Oct 2023 09:30
Drj820 wrote:
19 Oct 2023 20:05
Love is entering a critical stretch in his career. He’s post bye week now, it’s time to show a leap forward. Seeing that I know his receivers suck, I just want to see him protect the ball. Let us win games on the back of the defense and Anders…don’t just throw us into losses via turnovers. If the awful turnovers keep happening, we very well may draft another qb. I don’t care what his stats are, Il defend Love if he cuts the turnovers out.
What's wrong with the backup QB from Penn State?
Im not out on Love yet. Im out on the idea that we prepped for 3 years to get him ready to start and everything is a mess around him during his big debut.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

What's kind of ironic is that Rodgers himself supports Love more than some of the Rodgers-as-a-deity worshippers here do. You'd think that as Packer fans they would give him a little more benefit of the doubt. The chances are that he will not approach Rodgers' abilities as a QB, so maybe the comparisons with him should stop.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote: I brought up that he struggles with pressure and was shot down…
Oh really? Where exactly has this position been shot down? I recall conversations highlighting O-Line failures, receiver failures, QB failures, etc., but I don’t recall a single poster disputing Love has struggled to perform under pressure.

Please provide a source.
Labrev wrote: Of course I am, dum-dum, my initial point was intended as bait from the beginning.

No need to go attacking another member when it was you who made the admittedly disingenuous argument.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
20 Oct 2023 10:18
Oh really? Where exactly has this position been shot down? I recall conversations highlighting O-Line failures, receiver failures, QB failures, etc., but I don’t recall a single poster disputing Love has struggled to perform under pressure.

Please provide a source.
Labrev wrote: Of course I am, dum-dum, my initial point was intended as bait from the beginning.

No need to go attacking another member when it was you who made the admittedly disingenuous argument.
when I said Pass rush has gotten to Love, causing him to mis open receivers, throwing with poor tech, the stuff we don't see when he is protected, your response was he has to get over that, my answer was good luck with that, even Rodgers struggled the year prior because of pass rush.

every QB struggles with free rushers and poor protection, guys in Love shoes even more, the point is Love will better handle the rush when he has more confidence in his ability, and if this continues that may never happen.

just because it didn't happen as much in the first 3 games doesn't mean it didn't happen, from game two on the only time I see Love struggle is when he's not being protected..

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
20 Oct 2023 10:11
What's kind of ironic is that Rodgers himself supports Love more than some of the Rodgers-as-a-deity worshippers here do. You'd think that as Packer fans they would give him a little more benefit of the doubt. The chances are that he will not approach Rodgers' abilities as a QB, so maybe the comparisons with him should stop.
I think the comparison started against Mahomes in that backup game against KC, some figured since Love out performed Mahomes on the last 15 minutes, they assumed he out performed him all game, Bud proved how false that was.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Love has out performed Rodgers.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
20 Oct 2023 10:42
APB wrote:

Please provide a source.
when I said Pass rush has gotten to Love, causing him to mis open receivers, throwing with poor tech, the stuff we don't see when he is protected, your response was he has to get over that, my answer was good luck with that, even Rodgers struggled the year prior because of pass rush.

every QB struggles with free rushers and poor protection, guys in Love shoes even more, the point is Love will better handle the rush when he has more confidence in his ability, and if this continues that may never happen.

just because it didn't happen as much in the first 3 games doesn't mean it didn't happen, from game two on the only time I see Love struggle is when he's not being protected..
How was that “shooting down” that he struggles with pressure? If anything, I acknowledged it.

And yes, performing when under pass rush pressure is something Love needs to get better at. He struggles with it (I just concurred with that assessment again! :wink: ). Until he does, opponents will just continue to send heavy rush packages at him and watch the offense flail.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I actually think that, when the difference in QB play is 5.3 QBR, you do not deserve the right to say you "outplayed" the other guy. So in fact I actually do think Love was better, because he had to play harder to get what was roughly the same stat-line as an established QB got in a way more favorable setting.

If there were ever a game to grade a guy on a curve, it would be a guy's first-ever start, in hostile territory, against a good defense, and against whom he did not get the week to prep as QB1.

Yet the excuses used to absolve Rodgers in any and every situation are nowhere to be found for Love in KC, even though the exact same excuses apply (bad ST play). So we see that the excusemakers, except maybe yoop, do not actually care about those things being bad. They are just mindlessly fanboying for their god.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
20 Oct 2023 11:11
Yoop wrote:
20 Oct 2023 10:42
APB wrote:

Please provide a source.

How was that “shooting down” that he struggles with pressure? If anything, I acknowledged it.

And yes, performing when under pass rush pressure is something Love needs to get better at. He struggles with it (I just concurred with that assessment again! :wink: ). Until he does, opponents will just continue to send heavy rush packages at him and watch the offense flail.
my impression was that you glossed over the rush, simply because you didn't want to admit that the protection sucked, and Love just had to learn to deal with it.

which to me is being obtuse ( I hate that word, but for lack of a better one) Pass rush issue lead to so many of the other issues we are seeing, abandoning the pocket when the rush isn't even close, seriously now, that doesn't just happen, thats a result of the pass rush occupying a portion of the gray matter, same with the poor tech, the inaccuracy, it's a good guess to assume are also stems of poor pass pro, imo one leads to another.
my point I think is that you took the poor blocking to lightly.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
20 Oct 2023 11:24
I actually think that, when the difference in QB play is 5.3 QBR, you do not deserve the right to say you "outplayed" the other guy. So in fact I actually do think Love was better, because he had to play harder to get what was roughly the same stat-line as an established QB got in a way more favorable setting.

If there were ever a game to grade a guy on a curve, it would be a guy's first-ever start, in hostile territory, against a good defense, and against whom he did not get the week to prep as QB1.

Yet the excuses used to absolve Rodgers in any and every situation are nowhere to be found for Love in KC, even though the exact same excuses apply (bad ST play). So we see that the excusemakers, except maybe yoop, do not actually care about those things being bad. They are just mindlessly fanboying for their god.
ahhhh, I think that was completion ratio, so 5.3 is a lot.

and it wasn't even that close if you just count 3 quarters. :idn: