Packers @ Broncos GDT: Sunday, Oct. 22nd, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2023 12:52
This game will go a long way in determining if we are a contender or a pretender.
Even if the Packers end up beating the Broncos I don't consider them to be contenders.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

CWIMM wrote:
19 Oct 2023 02:27
go pak go wrote:
This game will go a long way in determining if we are a contender or a pretender.
Even if the Packers end up beating the Broncos I don't consider them to be contenders.
Didn't say it'd prove anything, just that it goes toward the determination. If they lose, I think we all agree they're pretenders. If they win, they are closer to being a contender than they were before winning. And, more specifically, contenders for what?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Half Empty wrote:
19 Oct 2023 08:27
CWIMM wrote:
19 Oct 2023 02:27
go pak go wrote:
Didn't say it'd prove anything, just that it goes toward the determination. If they lose, I think we all agree they're pretenders. If they win, they are closer to being a contender than they were before winning. And, more specifically, contenders for what?
its more like: If we win we will probably draft out of reach of the top QBs, If we lose to a scrub team like the Broncos, we very well may be in position to draft in the top 10. Losing to the Broncos is rock bottom.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Win or lose to Denver means very little imo, how we do either is what matters, this OL has to improve protections and do a better job with all blocking, and the receivers have to be more accountable to themselves, get better releases, find the open spots in zones, run crisper routes, Matt needs to improve his play calling, same on defense, and both sides need to start bringing there A game, be more aggressive, act like they care.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Yes the Broncos suck. But we haven't exactly been proving ourselves as much else than having an amazing quarter or 3 while sucking much of the rest of the time if you step back and look at the season.

Once things start coming together, we'll be better obviously. Just too many mistakes at too many levels to make things smooth right now. I have no idea when they start coming around, i'm hoping by mid season it looks better. But man, it's hard for me to say anything definitive about this team right now other than they need to start doing things better lol

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

musclestang wrote:
19 Oct 2023 09:05
Yes the Broncos suck. But we haven't exactly been proving ourselves as much else than having an amazing quarter or 3 while sucking much of the rest of the time if you step back and look at the season.

Once things start coming together, we'll be better obviously. Just too many mistakes at too many levels to make things smooth right now. I have no idea when they start coming around, i'm hoping by mid season it looks better. But man, it's hard for me to say anything definitive about this team right now other than they need to start doing things better lol
It actually is mid season, and we've had a couple weeks now to make improvements and get healthier, if this ends up being a close game, then imho we havn't figured anything out, we should blow out Denver with at least a 2 score victory, it's time we put on a game face, take the lead and never give it back.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

This broncos fan Halloween display goes HARRRRD :mrgreen:

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
18 Oct 2023 13:16
go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2023 12:54
Wow.

The Packers have the late afternoon game and are NOT being televised across the country.

It's a new era.
Yes. We are stuck with KC vs Bolts or Atl at Tampa. Thank goodness we have NFL Red Zone so I'll see most of the big plays and scoring.
Dammit Pugger!!!! Facetime me during the game and I will prop my phone up in front of the TV. :rotf: :banana:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Crush, Kill, Destroy

Coach Payton is trying to rally his desperate troops; and we all know there's nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito.
Packers need to come out a mile high on Sunday afternoon and beat Wilson into submission. Early and often.

Here's Mike Daniels showing perfect form on a strip-sack-fumble vs Russ.
https://www.packers.com/video/dt-daniel ... r-19348278

Time for the talented 2023 DL to assert themselves

IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Ah &%$@…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2023 11:34
That Favre to Jennings ball in 2007 was right in front of me. That ball just hung in the air to let Jennings run under it.

It was one of the coolest moments I experienced live in my football life. I can't believe that was already 16 years ago.
I was sitting in the south end zone. The Packers were lined up on the 20 yard line on the opposite end of the field.

A fantastic toss by Favre! :kaboom:
A fantastic catch by Jennings! :kaboom:
A fantastic win by the GREEN BAY PACKERS!! :kaboom:

One of the top five wins I’ve seen. Especially cuz I got the big grin when I saw all my Bronco friends over the next few days.

Another related anecdote - the Rockies were playing in the World Series that year. There was a WS game that night so many Bronco fans stayed home to watch the Rockies. 😁 More tickets became available for Packer fans. Sweeeet! It is soooo enjoyable to see so many Packer fans cheering “GO PACK GO!!” in an away game, kinda makes a guy … sniffle…sniffle… tear up and START LAUGHING!!
GO PACK GO!!!

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Half Empty wrote:
I consider a contender to be a team that has a chance of winning the Super Bowl. The Packers won't come anywhere close to that this season, no matter what happens in Denver on Sunday.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

CWIMM wrote:
20 Oct 2023 04:58
Half Empty wrote:
I consider a contender to be a team that has a chance of winning the Super Bowl. The Packers won't come anywhere close to that this season, no matter what happens in Denver on Sunday.
Given that definition, hard to argue. :)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

CWIMM wrote:
20 Oct 2023 04:58
Half Empty wrote:
https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

I guess we can consider that block checked!

:beer2:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sounds like a good week to split snaps between Jaire and Stokes, if either even play.

Just kind of remembered we gotta decide on Stoke’s 5th year option this offseason. Prolly gotta make a big effort to get him a lot of snaps this year.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wow, so much for getting healthy over the bye. :messedup:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Oct 2023 20:08
I endorse Douglas's view on the issue.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells