Week 7 Post-Game: Broncos 19 Packers 17

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Week 7 Post-Game: Broncos 19 Packers 17

Post by APB »

Another slow start. Coming out of the bye, that’s inexcusable.

Love is not progressing, he’s regressing.

This entire team is regressing.

“Young” is no longer a valid excuse. There are several levels of fail going on with this team.

Alright, let’s hear it.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Seems pretty simple to me. Yes they are young and yes there will be mistakes, but it's apparent to me that this coaching staff is not able to put young players in positions to minimize those mistakes. Not all coaching staffs are built to coach young teams. MLF chose this staff so it's on him. Have to wonder if some of these guys have quit on him already by not playing with minor injuries.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah we are on pace to seeing a difficult path of getting 6 wins.

The first 7 quarters of the season were a lot of fun. But it's just been so downhill since that Wicks TD in Atlanta.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This is talented. The HC put together a good game plan. The GM put together a good roster. Love was accurate all day.

Honestly I blame Aaron Rodgers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:32

“Young” is no longer a valid excuse. There are several levels of fail going on with this team.

Alright, let’s hear it.
You said it all. Sadly for us Packer fans is they really are a bottom 5 team in the NFL, which is depressing. I totally overestimated what they could be this year it seems. Thus my frustration.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The offensive Jekyll and Hyde play by half is just mind numbing. It’s become an every week thing. They look like a bad college team the first half of games. Just totally embarrassing play to put on film.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The whole passive aggressive Aaron Rodgers stuff doesn't make sense guys.

He wasn't good last year. Yes the 2022 Packers weren't good but neither was Rodgers. We all know the failures.

The 1st round pick in 2020 is starting to look like it was the wrong pick. We should have signed OBJ. We made the wrong personnel moves in the playoffs.

And yes. Gute, MLF, Love are getting warmer seats.

But MLF, Gute and Rodgers also assmebled great teams and good moves 2019 - 2021 until they got burned in the postseason.

Not every post has to start with "I've been saying for years that we will eventually be bad" Teams have lulls. We are experiencing it. Hopefully we don't stay bad for long time.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

packman114 wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:39
Seems pretty simple to me. Yes they are young and yes there will be mistakes, but it's apparent to me that this coaching staff is not able to put young players in positions to minimize those mistakes. Not all coaching staffs are built to coach young teams. MLF chose this staff so it's on him. Have to wonder if some of these guys have quit on him already by not playing with minor injuries.
I was with you until your last sentence. The guys didn't quit. They came back and took the lead late. I liked seeing that.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Wicks wasn't on the field for 3rd and 20 and no Watson. So the coaches chose Toure and a TE over Wicks. That says it all.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MY_TAKE wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:50
APB wrote:

Alright, let’s hear it.
You said it all. Sadly for us Packer fans is they really are a bottom 5 team in the NFL, which is depressing. I totally overestimated what they could be this year it seems. Thus my frustration.
No real harm in thinking we could be a middling team. There is perceived talent. They just can't put it together to save their life.

Honestly our left tackle situation is such a burden on the offense. Rasheed Walker just lets so many plays blow up due to never getting a hand on a guy.
Yoop wrote:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I mean... We all knew that this was a possible outcome this year. That's why I made the comment in preseason that if we kept Carlson and he kept sucking then it was fine if we were just trying to rebuild anyway. Rebuild was always in the cards.

2nd youngest team
likely youngest offense
a ton of injuries to key players
1st year starter at QB coming off 30 years of HOF QBs
cap hell due to trying to going all in to get one with Rodgers

After the game, my brother asked me what I would do and I said nothing. Sometimes you just have an off year. We clearly need a star WR and some RB depth, and the line is garbage. I think we all want a Shanahan offense but remember it took him like 4 years to build that up, and we don't have the personnel yet (and are hamstrung by the aforementioned cap issues), and even if we did have the personnel, they are so young that there will be a lot of growing pains.

I'm just surprised by the amount people who apparently thought we were just going to keep on chugging along this season as if nothing had changed because of a "culture of winning" or something idk. I wouldn't fire anyone on the team at this point.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The primary goal this year was to see if we had our QB and see the sprouting of a young and growing offense like we saw in 2008 and 2009.

We are not seeing anything close to that.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
22 Oct 2023 19:00
I mean... We all knew that this was a possible outcome this year. That's why I made the comment in preseason that if we kept Carlson and he kept sucking then it was fine if we were just trying to rebuild anyway. Rebuild was always in the cards.

2nd youngest team
likely youngest offense
a ton of injuries to key players
1st year starter at QB coming off 30 years of HOF QBs
cap hell due to trying to going all in to get one with Rodgers

After the game, my brother asked me what I would do and I said nothing. Sometimes you just have an off year. We clearly need a star WR and some RB depth, and the line is garbage. I think we all want a Shanahan offense but remember it took him like 4 years to build that up, and we don't have the personnel yet (and are hamstrung by the aforementioned cap issues), and even if we did have the personnel, they are so young that there will be a lot of growing pains.

I'm just surprised by the amount people who apparently thought we were just going to keep on chugging along this season as if nothing had changed because of a "culture of winning" or something idk. I wouldn't fire anyone on the team at this point.
:clap:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 19:04
The primary goal this year was to see if we had our QB and see the sprouting of a young and growing offense like we saw in 2008 and 2009.

I think the frustrating thing for us fans is watching the offense get worse week-to-week rather than improve. The first half play of late has been ungodly bad.

LT play has been bad. Not sure why they continue to trot Walker out there when there’s a viable RT on the bench and Tom could move over to the left side.

Love has no rhythm in this offense. Sure, part of that stems from the O-Line play but he owns a lot of it, too. He’s late on so many throws and it only makes it tougher to complete the pass. And yeah, his accuracy has also been lacking. He’s throwing catchable balls but his ball placement makes every catch a challenge for receivers. It also curbs any RAC potential when receivers are continually having to adjust to his poor placement.

Nobody here expected a world beater team but it was fair to expect more than what we’re getting. This team is a &%$@-show right now.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:

Not yet anyway. It isn't even Halloween yet. This rebuilding might take longer than anyone thought.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

go pak go wrote:

To be fair, that young and growing offence had Donald Driver and Greg Jennings with 154 catches between them, it had Clifton, Wells and Tauscher on the line, and it had Collins and Woodson on defence. We aren't seeing anything close to that either.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’ve said this for a while. And I’ve been chastised by the mods of this very forum but I think it’s important. The fans do not take enough blame for what is happening right now on the field. We don’t have an owner to put pressure on the GM and president. This is a president that allowed a GM in TT with a mental disorder who was unfit for his position. I don’t know who it was on this forum but they’ve even publicly stated Ted couldn’t be told things after a certain time because he wouldn’t remember it. He’s not in on the football evaluations. Murphy is a terrific businessman but he’s a $%@# idiot when it comes to what is happening on the roster.

Gutenbumst has created a roster that isn’t sustainable. He’s made terrible cap decisions. He’s drafted poorly blowing basically the entire 2018 and 2020 drafts minus Jaire Alexander.

We are getting there as a fan base. We are hearing it on the post game shows right now about how Murphy is ruining this team but I still think there is too huge a chunk of the fan base that doesn’t put this blame on anything but bad luck and youth and they’re simply incorrect.

Ask yourself would you let Gutenbumst another chance to restart this organization after failing, massively might I add on Kizer and Love.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

APB wrote:

As for Love the explanation seems simple: The first weeks they did not have tape neither deep info about him. That changed the last couple of weeks. So they found some holes in his game and it is up to him and the coaches to fix it. If they can, he‘ll be back to decent within 1-3 games, if not the pick was a bad one indeed. I‘d even say he could still turn out our 3rd HoF QB in a row, it is still early (granted, Rodgers looked significantly better and more comfortable after 6 games in 2008, but maybe Love needs just more time, people need more patience these days).

The rest of the team? The defense did its job. They held Denver to 19 points. Nothing to brag about since Denver sucks (and I’d still fire Barry after the season) but still. But the offense looks terrible and that is on MLF. More and more I‘d wish Mac back.

GB needs to stick to its strategy after trading Rodgers: evaluate Love over the (whole) season then decide if he‘s „da man“ and pick/trade him weapons for deep playoff runs or starting from zero again, i.e. picking another QB or maybe trying to win with an average QB while stacking up monster talent around him (its possible, ask the Broncos when ailing Peyton had to be carried over the line by all the surrounding talent).

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:40
Yeah we are on pace to seeing a difficult path of getting 6 wins.

The first 7 quarters of the season were a lot of fun. But it's just been so downhill since that Wicks TD in Atlanta.
This team needs to lose out and get pick 1 or 2 and choose Williams or May. I think they can do it. 4 wins will be a struggle. Of course Getenbum would screw it up and trade the pick because he won't want to admit itcwas a mistake picking Love.
Last edited by wallyuwl on 22 Oct 2023 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:

That 2008 schedule was brutal, too. This year is a cupcake schedule and the team and Love are awful.