Vikings at Packers GDT: Sunday Oct 29th, 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
25 Oct 2023 22:22
Hoping to see improvement.
That would require a new QB, new DC, new HC, and possibly new GM and President. So we'll be waiting a while.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I am getting more and more confident by the day.

Packers fans are in the dumps. It's go time.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Oct 2023 08:57
paco wrote:
That would require a new QB, new DC, new HC, and possibly new GM and President. So we'll be waiting a while.
Nah, QB might still be fine once we get all that other stuff, plus a capable O-line and WR's and TE's that know the right direction to run. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Some of you wouldn't have made it through the 70's as Packer fans. :lol:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Some of my notes about the Vikings.

- Vikings have one of the most effective and efficient passing offenses in the league. The are tied with the Dolphins for the most TD passes in the air (16), 2nd in passing yards, 3rd in passer rating. They have thrown 5 int's.

- Their rush offense is &%$@. They are subpar in terms of yardage and YPC, and they haven't even scored a rushing TD yet this year.

- Defensively they look like middle of the pack, at best. Similarly to Denver, they give up a high % of completions (74.6%). In fact, Denver is the only team worse than MIN in this category. Rush defense has not been special.

Jaire's health is going to be important. We need turnovers. The way I see it, if our run defense is ever going to step up, it has to be in this game.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Raptorman wrote:
26 Oct 2023 09:41
I would agree this after seeing the pessimistic comments by some here.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Oct 2023 08:57
paco wrote:
always the negative Nancy, :thwap: it's a gray world, often one bad apple ruins the bushel, same with football, one problem can create other problems and so on till the whole show looks worse then it actually is.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
26 Oct 2023 09:53
Raptorman wrote:
yep, if ya focus to much on the bad, you'll fail to recognize the good, or realize that injury has been the root of our problems from game two on.

even with lack of receiver experience, better blocking and being able to run would help over come that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Papa John wrote:
26 Oct 2023 09:51

- Their rush offense is &%$@. They are subpar in terms of yardage and YPC, and they haven't even scored a rushing TD yet this year.
So you're saying against our rush defense I should still expect 25 carries for 160 yards.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
26 Oct 2023 10:22
Papa John wrote:

So you're saying against our rush defense I should still expect 25 carries for 160 yards.
If Mattison starts, he probably will. You shouldn't worry about the Vikings rushing game. If Akers or Chandler get some snaps, it could be a problem.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Raptorman wrote:
26 Oct 2023 15:16
go pak go wrote:
26 Oct 2023 10:22
Papa John wrote:

If Mattison starts, he probably will. You shouldn't worry about the Vikings rushing game. If Akers or Chandler get some snaps, it could be a problem.
I'm always worried about the rush against us :bkw:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Raptorman wrote:
The 70s and the 80s required amazingly amounts of medication and stamina. I still think Eddie Lee Ivery and Mark Lee were great Packers. The revolving doors of QBs were fruitless.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Oct 2023 22:02
Raptorman wrote:
The 70s and the 80s required amazingly amounts of medication and stamina. I still think Eddie Lee Ivery and Mark Lee were great Packers. The revolving doors of QBs were fruitless.
I am old enough to remember. Believe me. The 80's were a fairly horrific decade also. Although, I do remember Eddie Lee Ivory and Gerry Ellis both rushing for over a 100 yards in a win against the Vikings in the early to mid 80's. I don't remember where it was played but it's a good memory.
I'm not betting on Jones and Dillon doing anything like that. :|

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

MY_TAKE wrote:
27 Oct 2023 02:26
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
I am old enough to remember. Believe me. The 80's were a fairly horrific decade also. Although, I do remember Eddie Lee Ivory and Gerry Ellis both rushing for over a 100 yards in a win against the Vikings in the early to mid 80's. I don't remember where it was played but it's a good memory.
It was in 1980 at the Met in Bloomington, Minnesota. Here's a write-up: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1980/11/24 ... 343890000/

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Oct 2023 07:13
MY_TAKE wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

It was in 1980 at the Met in Bloomington, Minnesota. Here's a write-up: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1980/11/24 ... 343890000/

but it would have been OK in Timbuktu, too. I think that's south of Milwaukee.

haha, Timbuktu, ya Mali is surely south of Milwaukee, love how Larry expresses himself :lol:

was looking back to see if we've had any other duel 100 yard RB's in a single game in history, alas I'am so inept at searching this stuff I finally gave up, maybe Ellis and Ivory are the only two.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

williewasgreat wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
It was a lot tougher to comment back then, but I'm sure those of us alive at the time felt pretty negative. However, we held on, moaning all the way.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Oct 2023 07:13
MY_TAKE wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

I was off a little bit on the year. HAHA. I was 11 years old but a huge Packer fan and my mother bought me a subscription to "The Packer Report" . That picture was on the front of it for that week. It only came weekly durinng the season then it was like maybe every month or something like that in the off season. Thank you for finding this. :banana:
It was a Ray Nitschke Publication. AHHHH the good old days
Last edited by MY_TAKE on 27 Oct 2023 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My sights this week are on the D-line. KC usually has a field day against the Vikings with pressure up the middle. Exactly what we need to do to slow Cousins down. Hoping Wyatt is healthy and maybe we get some real push up the middle.

Side note: Stenovich said yesterday that Myers is playing the best football of his career this year. What is his PFF ranking and why doesn't it seem that way to the naked eye? His other comments also led me to believe there may be a change on the OL this week. Maybe Walker out for Yosh. Sure hope it's not Newman for Runyan!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Half Empty wrote:
27 Oct 2023 08:49
williewasgreat wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
It was a lot tougher to comment back then, but I'm sure those of us alive at the time felt pretty negative. However, we held on, moaning all the way.
Yes, you did. I remember all the bitching from Packer fans in school. My only problem is that my team was never able to get over that damn hump at the end of the year. And I actually think that was worse than what Packer fans had to endure. It still chaps my A**

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
27 Oct 2023 09:02
My sights this week are on the D-line. KC usually has a field day against the Vikings with pressure up the middle. Exactly what we need to do to slow Cousins down. Hoping Wyatt is healthy and maybe we get some real push up the middle.

Side note: Stenovich said yesterday that Myers is playing the best football of his career this year. What is his PFF ranking and why doesn't it seem that way to the naked eye? His other comments also led me to believe there may be a change on the OL this week. Maybe Walker out for Yosh. Sure hope it's not Newman for Runyan!
common for coaches to stick up for a player, I found this

Given the Packers used a second-round pick on Myers in the 2021 draft, one pick before the Chiefs selected now-All-Pro center Creed Humphrey, the Packers were looking for Myers to take a big step forward this season.

However, that has not been realized. Myers is an intelligent player, but his skill development has not progressed at the same pace.

While he didn't allow a pressure in Week 7 against Denver and has been quite solid in that department overall, his run-blocking remains the most significant issue to correct.

Per Pro Football Focus, Myers' 47.5 run-blocking grade drops his overall grade to a below-average 56.3. Last season, he only posted a 53.5 run-blocking grade, and the continued regression has certainly shown up on tape.

https://lombardiave.com/posts/packers-b ... ts-week-8-