Vikings at Packers GDT: Sunday Oct 29th, 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

williewasgreat wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:14
BF004 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:12
wallyuwl wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:10

Carolina isn't taking a QB. Let's say GB picks 4th. Maye should be there, especially with NC doing worse lately (more on the D).
You are right, Carolina isn’t taking a QB. Be interesting to see if Chicago does with their pick though.
Don't the Bears have Carolina's first round pick?
They do. Bears will have 2 top 5 picks.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Serious question.

Who are players you would call "good" this year? Even Rashan Gary has taken a step back the last few weeks.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:27
Serious question.

Who are players you would call "good" this year? Even Rashan Gary has taken a step back the last few weeks.
Nixon.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:29
go pak go wrote:
Serious question.

Nixon.
lol
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
Serious question.

I haven't heard any complaints about the long snapper yet!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:30
go pak go wrote:
Serious question.

I haven't heard any complaints about the long snapper yet!
I met his parents in Atlatna. He had a bad snap vs Chicago. But other than that....not bad!
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

German_Panzer wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:29
go pak go wrote:
Serious question.

Nixon.
Nixon has been good?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:13
BF004 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:11
40 yards combined for Dillon and Jones on 13 carries.

This OL is really bad.
For a group we thought was a strength, it definitely is not.

For which reason, I would not draft a Love replacement (not next year, at any rate).

It's not that I do not think we could find a substantial upgrade at QB, but it would evidence backwards priorities. This is not a good offense just being held back by bad QB play, this offense makes it harder than it needs to be for the QB to succeed.

Let's get the O to "solid" and the running game up to "respectable" before we look for a savior at QB.

**edit** I would sooner trade our 1st for a replacement Head Coach!
Last edited by Labrev on 29 Oct 2023 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
Serious question.

I have not seen any such steps back from Gary. To the extent he was less effective today, MIN just has good Ts.
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:11
40 yards combined for Dillon and Jones on 13 carries.

This OL is really bad.

For which reason, I would not draft a Love replacement (not next year, at any rate).

It's not that I do not think we could find a substantial upgrade at QB, but it would evidence backwards priorities. This is not a good offense just being held back by bad QB play, this offense makes it harder than it needs to be for the QB to succeed.

Let's get the O to "solid" and the running game up to "respectable" before we look for a savior at QB.
Ok, you get the O to "solid" and now you are picking 12th. That just means Love, who is not the answer, gets more time, and at 12 you almost never get top QB talent.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
Serious question.

Rasul and Quay.

Relative to expectations, Slaton, Rudy, Savage.

That’s maybe it? Lol

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

go pak go wrote:
Serious question.

Defensively I think Quay, Gary, and Rasul have been playing really well. I think Preston has been nothing solid. Not quite a consistent playmaker, but a valuable piece. I think the DL underperforms with Clark only being there sometimes. Jaire has been out with injury a while, and our starting safeties are decent. Ford and Savage haven't been bad. They haven't been outstanding, but I think it's scheme more times than player effort.

Offensively, well that's tougher. Jones has been out too long, Dillon had 1 decent week last week. OL , I guess Tom has been steady, and Jenkins is getting back to what he was but the rest, it's hard to judge anyone when it's so bad at times. WR's all have seemed to take some steps backwards.

Very difficult for me to judge the QB at this point. When he's making decent plays nobody is helping him out and other times he's not helping this team out either. Is that youth/inexperience? a result of all the other misaligned parts? or just how he's going to be?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

wallyuwl wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:45
Labrev wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:40
Pckfn23 wrote:

Ok, you get the O to "solid" and now you are picking 12th. That just means Love, who is not the answer, gets more time, and at 12 you almost never get top QB talent.
I actually meant to say OL up to solid, typo.

In any case, those are a lot of unsound assumptions.

(1) how you got #12 specifically as the ceiling of the offense improving to solid, seems to be a number you pulled out of thin air.
(2) that Love is not "the answer" as a given now or after this hypothetical.
(3) that improvement on the rest of the O would not prove Love can be "the answer" or otherwise improve enough not to make QB a need.
(4) What it means for a guy to be "the answer" at a position, QB or otherwise.
(5) That top talent at QB is "never" <sic> available at 12 or later, when there seems to be numerous counterexamples.
(6) That top talent at QB is priority, especially in a league where the Elite QB is dead, ahead of a supporting cast that puts a QB in position to succeed... kind of what I was arguing against in the first instance.
—Magneto

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
27 Oct 2023 07:30
but it would have been OK in Timbuktu, too. I think that's south of Milwaukee.

haha, Timbuktu, ya Mali is surely south of Milwaukee, love how Larry expresses himself :lol:

was looking back to see if we've had any other duel 100 yard RB's in a single game in history, alas I'am so inept at searching this stuff I finally gave up, maybe Ellis and Ivory are the only two.
Actually it happened five times that the Packers had two players who rushed for at least 100 yards in a single game with Ivery and Ellis doing it twice. Here's the list:

December 16, 1973, @Chicago (W 21-0): John Brockington 22 rushes, 142 yards - MacArthur Lane 19 rushes, 101 yards
November 23, 1980, @Minnesota (W 25-13): Eddie Lee Ivery 24 rushes, 145 yards, 1 TD - Gerry Ellis 15 rushes, 101 yards, 1 TD
December 1, 1985, vs. Tampa (W 21-0): Eddie Lee Ivery 13 rushes, 109 yards - Gerry Ellis 9 rushes, 101 yards, 1 TD
October 29, 2006, vs. Arizona (W 31-14): Ahman Green 21 rushes, 106 yards, 2 TD - Vernand Morency 11 rushes, 101 yards
December 28, 2008, vs. Detroit (W 31-21): Ryan Grant 19 rushes, 106 yards - DeShawn Wynn 7 rushes, 106 yards, 1 TD
packman114 wrote:
27 Oct 2023 09:02
Side note: Stenovich said yesterday that Myers is playing the best football of his career this year. What is his PFF ranking and why doesn't it seem that way to the naked eye? His other comments also led me to believe there may be a change on the OL this week. Maybe Walker out for Yosh. Sure hope it's not Newman for Runyan!
Yoop wrote:
27 Oct 2023 14:58
paco wrote:
27 Oct 2023 13:07
just can't fathom how Myers rank 5th. :idn: he has a over all grade of 56.4, just saying if that's the case the whole league needs improvement at the position. :thwap:
Actually PFF has ranked Myers 29th out of 38 qualifying centers with an overall grade of 55.3. He's ranked ninth in pass blocking at 71.0 though.