Reality

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

Ringo, remember the infamous "Silos" speech after McCarthy's exit? Then the weird, supremely awkward introduction presser for Lafleur? It's just an obviously dysfunctional, disjointed operation inside 1265, no matter how they try to gloss it up. These aren't genuine people with the goal of keeping the Packers an eminent, viable, competitive franchise anymore. It has become primarily a revenue-generator with a junk scouting department with an even worse management team that answers to a few Muppets that are no longer fit for their positions of responsibility.

Why there is no fan upheaval to replace the many members of the Board of Directors/Executive Committee, who are both mainly a Who's Who of local wealthy business leaders with zero football acumen or willingness to speak up when changes are so desperately obvious (because keeping quiet, they all get richer, while every year games get more expensive for you), is beyond me.

But the answer is plain as day: Packers fans are sheep, and most don't realize we are the only publicly-owned franchise without an owner. When people harness the power of media, the internet, sell their season tickets, quit showing up and demand real change....like anything in this world....this is the plate of 💩 you're going to be served for as long as it lasts.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Gunzaan wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:13
Reality: MLF is not the right coach for this young of a team.

I don’t think he is a good game day coach at all, but with this young of a team without an identity, MLF has been an awful head coach.
Agreed.

In the last 5 games, in the first half, the Packers have scored 9 points and conceded 73. Week after week, they are coming out not ready to play. That has to be on the coaching staff. Second half, scored 69 points conceded 38 - perhaps because the coaching staff's pre-match input is lessening as the game goes on?

3 field goals in 5 halves of football. One of which was when Detroit gave us the ball in field goal range. Could it be any worse? Say what you want about Love and the receivers and o-line and running game, but a coaching staff that can't get even players of low NFL standard to come out better than that. is doing something sadly wrong.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Papa John wrote:
27 Oct 2023 10:09
musclestang wrote:
27 Oct 2023 06:04
I'm not going to disagree on how things look at time, but i will disagree on talent. There is plenty in that locker room. Coaches need to get them ready and the training staff needs to get the rest healthy. It's a tired excuse, but it is the reality we're in. maybe we don't have the coaches, I'm not impressed with the internal promotions on the offensive side of the ball and our DC should have been gone with our ST 2 years ago. But it is what it is for now.
Sure there is some talent. But what good is talent in the absence of grit? Ballerinas are talented. At the end of the day there is no amount of talent that will drive a cornerback to stick his nose into the skirmish and square up the pile driving tight end. Talent won't make a QB decide to hang in the pocket and step into the throw before taking a blitzing safety's helmet to the chest. Those things take balls. Look at any great player in the history of this league and all of that talent wouldn't mean &%$@ if he didn't have his balls.

As Aaron Rodgers once said, the spectrum of talent at this level is relatively small. The great teams are the ones with the gritty lunch pail type guys who will crawl through a mile of broken glass to get that W. I see none of that with this team. Since 2010, there have been glimpses, but nothing sustainable. Who will step up and inspire?
Papa, you made my day! I love this! It's a keeper.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
29 Oct 2023 18:56
Ringo, remember the infamous "Silos" speech after McCarthy's exit? Then the weird, supremely awkward introduction presser for Lafleur? It's just an obviously dysfunctional, disjointed operation inside 1265, no matter how they try to gloss it up. These aren't genuine people with the goal of keeping the Packers an eminent, viable, competitive franchise anymore. It has become primarily a revenue-generator with a junk scouting department with an even worse management team that answers to a few Muppets that are no longer fit for their positions of responsibility.

Why there is no fan upheaval to replace the many members of the Board of Directors/Executive Committee, who are both mainly a Who's Who of local wealthy business leaders with zero football acumen or willingness to speak up when changes are so desperately obvious (because keeping quiet, they all get richer, while every year games get more expensive for you), is beyond me.

But the answer is plain as day: Packers fans are sheep, and most don't realize we are the only publicly-owned franchise without an owner. When people harness the power of media, the internet, sell their season tickets, quit showing up and demand real change....like anything in this world....this is the plate of 💩 you're going to be served for as long as it lasts.
I was too young to remember the 1950s with the revolving door of Packers head coaches. But from what I've read it was not the players that were the problem. The 1950s teams had Packers Hall of Famers and the 1958 team had an amazing list of future Pro Football Hall of Famers and All Pros partly thanks to Jack Vainisi. It seems the Board of Directors needed to be put in their place when Vince arrived. What the dynamics are today with the current Board of Directors I have no idea.

It seems that this Titletown District mania has become more important than building a championship team.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Tooothsome Jeb wrote:

What a fantastic post. I would say I couldn’t have said it better myself except that I have for several years now.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Would anybody have guessed that the Jets would have a better record than us without Aaron Rodgers ?
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Papa John wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:52
Would anybody have guessed that the Jets would have a better record than us without Aaron Rodgers ?
No.

I thought we would be bad but due to our schedule being so easy we would have a winning record at this point in the season.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
Can you explain this (the bold part) a bit more?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Oct 2023 19:38
We need that crazy ILB or S that energizes the team on the field and the SC psycho enough to inspire that.
Drj820 wrote: REALITY: The packers org (people in charge) draft based on physical measurables and whether the person is a good citizen.

Tackling, meanness, toughness etc does not seem to be a priority.
Glad to see more people are coming over to my way of thinking

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

texas wrote:
29 Oct 2023 21:25
Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
Sure. If you believe these local Captains of Industry and Law are doing this for free, with no free tickets available as internet reading would have you believe, I'm a monkey's uncle. They are not there for your best interest. They are a voted-in network of hush-hush business partners. Notice you never hear anything, ever, about any of the goings-on in their think tank? Many fans here or anywhere would be hard-pressed to name anyone aside from Murphy on the EC, or when they hear a name, know who they even are.

You want a real idea of who these people are and the favor they curry, enlighten yourself on Joe Philbin's kid who gang-raped a high school classmate here in Green Bay, who his judge was, and the outcome of that case.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
29 Oct 2023 21:53
texas wrote:
Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
Sure. If you believe these local Captains of Industry and Law are doing this for free, with no free tickets available as internet reading would have you believe, I'm a monkey's uncle. They are not there for your best interest. They are a voted-in network of hush-hush business partners. Notice you never hear anything, ever, about any of the goings-on in their think tank? Many fans here or anywhere would be hard-pressed to name anyone aside from Murphy on the EC, or when they hear a name, know who they even are.

You want a real idea of who these people are and the favor they curry, enlighten yourself on Joe Philbin's kid who gang-raped a high school classmate here in Green Bay, who his judge was, and the outcome of that case.
You might be too smart for this forum and might get the forum shut down.

We can't have the forum shut down right now - time of the reckoning

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
texas wrote:
Tooothsome Jeb wrote:

So they're joining the Board of Directors in exchange for free tickets and the ability to commit crimes and get off?

Do you think any of them are doing it for free money, and if so, then how does that work?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

youngest team in the league is showing, mistakes abound and dominate most games, people act as though the NFL is easy, :thwap:

anyone who thinks Quay Walker, Rashad Gary, Clark, Alexander, Douglas, lack true grit :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 22:29
Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
texas wrote:

who gives a flat what Joe Philbens kid got away with, in the 40's and 50's cops chauffeured the players home when the bars closed, it's called the perks of the trade.

the people elected to the board are well known Packer faithful, the reason Thompson was allowed to hold the position even though his ability had declined and he was getting a lot of help to do it has to do with loyalty, surely not the only FO person to ever get that over our long history, some of you people would sling up Curly for cripe sacks, and he did far worse then any FO person we've had the last 30 years.
Last edited by Yoop on 30 Oct 2023 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Papa John wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:52
Excellent point.

The Jets not only have a better record (4-3 vs. 2-5), but they have played 6-2 Philadelphia, 6-2 Kansas City, 6-2 Dallas, and 5-3 Buffalo. We have played just one team with a winning record in 5-2 Detroit.

So NY with a QB in Zach Wilson whom most Jets have written off as a bust and a much, much harder schedule are 2 games better than the Packers.

The coaching/personnel issues in Green Bay run deep. Very deep.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
texas wrote:

Some are already abandoning the forum instead of admitting they unfairly maligned us for thinking Rodgers was good and the rest of the roster was bad. I can think of one or two posters that always defended the roster that I haven’t seen in weeks.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 05:09
bud fox wrote:
Tooothsome Jeb wrote:

Some are already abandoning the forum instead of admitting they unfairly maligned us for thinking Rodgers was good and the rest of the roster was bad. I can think of one or two posters that always defended the roster that I haven’t seen in weeks.
You noticed that too?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 06:24
Drj820 wrote:
bud fox wrote:

You noticed that too?
everyone see's the problems, some believe, (like me) that one problem exposes other issues, and that can and often does create a snow ball affect and the other issues that could be corrected often don't because the initial problem holds everything back, again better blocking would go a long way to improving everything else.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
30 Oct 2023 06:43
lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 06:24
Drj820 wrote:

You noticed that too?
everyone see's the problems, some believe, (like me) that one problem exposes other issues, and that can and often does create a snow ball affect and the other issues that could be corrected often don't because the initial problem holds everything back, again better blocking would go a long way to improving everything else.
The blocking is not the best but it’s no excuse for awful footwork from Love or his inability to navigate the pocket all the time.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Getting just a little tired of reading the same handful of posters deride the entire forum using a collection of overstatements and misrepresentations over who-said-what-and-when.

This team sucks right now, sure. That's reality. But this continued divisive harping over "our side" and who was right/wrong and when has got to stop.

We're all god damned Packers fans here. We're all allowed to have our own opinions and, yes, you can disagree with another's opinion. Respectfully. However, there's no reason for this continued disparaging of members who view these weekly failures as something more/less than you do.

We're all on the SAME side here. We're all just as frustrated with this team as the next guy. Enough with all the ridiculing and "reckoning" BS, attacking one another because someone doesn't view the level of failure the same as you. Get over yourselves and get back to discussing Packer football respectfully.