Play the 2023 Packers Blame Game!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is (most) to blame?

Poll ended at 04 Nov 2023 09:01

Brian Gutekunst
37%
Matt LaFleur
48%
Joe Barry
No votes
Jordan Love
4%
Unavoidable major roster upheaval, the above are all fine -or- cannot be fairly evaluated right now
11%

Total votes: 27

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 11:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 11:16
Drj820 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 10:37
Pro Tip: When you have a HOF QB on the roster, draft players that can help him win a super bowl. Not his replacement.
Ah, so drafting Love was the only real reason for this statement:
I just dont believe Gutey "went for it" in 2020-2022. I believe he had one foot in winning now and one foot looking to the future.
is there a setting on here where i dont have to look at your profile picture when you post?
I'm secure enough not to hide behind anonymity! I believe to build a community we should have some personal connections, not be here to troll and sew chaos.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 11:48
Gunzaan wrote:
30 Oct 2023 11:44
Going by the simplified premise of the thread, MLF is the obvious choice. If we had a coach better suited to this team (extremely young & searching for an identity), we COULD look a lot better.
But then wouldn't that be on Gutey for keeping MLF, knowing he was going to have this kind of team? Its why exercises like this are fruitless.
The current structure of the Packers is that Murphy makes the call on the GM, and the coach is ultimately his call as well but with input from the GM.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 11:55
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

is there a setting on here where i dont have to look at your profile picture when you post?
I'm secure enough not to hide behind anonymity! I believe to build a community we should have some personal connections, not be here to troll and sew chaos.
its an online forum man, not a sunday school class. anyways, is there a setting ?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 11:57
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

its an online forum man, not a sunday school class. anyways, is there a setting ?
So you see no issues intentionally creating discord simply for the sake of it in a forum that was founded on this:
A good forum has it’s roots in community. The moderating team at PackersNews.net (Packers-huddle.com) is committed to building community. We have gone without written rules all this time by adhering to the unwritten rule of everything goes back to building community.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 12:25
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

So you see no issues intentionally creating discord simply for the sake of it in a forum that was founded on this:
A good forum has it’s roots in community. The moderating team at PackersNews.net (Packers-huddle.com) is committed to building community. We have gone without written rules all this time by adhering to the unwritten rule of everything goes back to building community.
oh I do not believe in trolling. egregious behavior. My point was that we are a "community" of packer fans on an online forum. That does not require we all know each others names, social security numbers, jobs, and real photos etc.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 12:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

oh I do not believe in trolling. egregious behavior. My point was that we are a "community" of packer fans on an online forum. That does not require we all know each others names, social security numbers, jobs, and real photos etc.
And yet it is something that you admittedly have no problem with...
Drj820 wrote: because trolling is fun
It's no coincidence that an entire group on this forum hides behind anonymity. Anonymity is something some hide behind to not take ownership of their actions.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 30 Oct 2023 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I really can't believe this conversation is happening. But if anyone doesn't want to see Pckfn's or anyone else's face. :roll:
image.png
image.png (51.65 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 12:45
Drj820 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 12:32
Pckfn23 wrote:

And yet it is something that you admittedly have no problem with...
Drj820 wrote: because trolling is fun
It's no coincidence that an entire group on this forum hides behind anonymity.
good point. 95% of the forum is anonymous because this is the internet and an online forum. Its kind of par for the course.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

You don't want to see my beautiful Jordan Love avatar anymore? :bigcry:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

williewasgreat wrote:
30 Oct 2023 10:38
go pak go wrote:
30 Oct 2023 09:29
I voted MLF.

The penalties, lack of discipline, poor fundamentals, poor play execution (wrong routes) are just killing this team.

I am very surprised he cannot coach a young unit. I thought it would be a strength.
This is how I voted as well. Too many of the same mistakes keep happening, which points directly at the coaching.
Me too. It's MLF. He really should look into bagging groceries.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

MLF has been outcoached every game this year except for two.

Those exceptions were Week 1 against Eberflus, who is not a legitimate head coach (will for-sure be fired and not given a second chance at HC) and an at-best stalemate in Week 3 against Dennis Allen, getting very lucky that NO missed the field-goal.

Only two of the coaches that bested him are actually good. The others are two bad coaches and one new guy.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Love is not going to be a starting qb in this league and both gute and mlf will need to go because of it.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

bud fox wrote:
30 Oct 2023 14:40
Love is not going to be a starting qb in this league and both gute and mlf will need to go because of it.
But he already is starting. :shock:
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 14:56
bud fox wrote:
By default.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 14:59
paco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 14:56
bud fox wrote:
By default.
2 sweetest words in the English language.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pro Tip: When you have a HOF QB on the roster, draft players that can help him win a super bowl. Not his replacement.
I just dont believe Gutey "went for it" in 2020-2022. I believe he had one foot in winning now and one foot looking to the future.
Yes, it's called leaving the forum.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Acrobat wrote:
30 Oct 2023 16:28
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yes, it's called leaving the forum.
Got him

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I voted for BG because that is consistent with the argument I have been making on multiple threads, that we went all-in (or 90% all-in) the past couple of years to try to win one last title with Rodgers, and all of the cap hell had to come due sometime so they decided they'd put everything on this year (including giving Love and other components of the roster an extended trial). So to the extent that our current state is not great, I think it is predominantly due to the wilful choices of the front office, who knew that this was a possibility (and probably a likelihood) for the first post-Rodgers year.

That being said, if I am looking to blame anyone for doing worse than they should (because I don't think BG deserves much blame for 2023 despite being the primary architect; we all would have made largely the same decision), I am blaming MLF because I do think that the offense should be better than it is. But I only blame him a little bit, because the offense is very young and inexperienced, and some of these growing pains are to be expected. We're separating the wheat from the chaff this year. But I would have had higher expectations even with the current players.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Drj820 wrote:
By that argument you wouldn't have had that HOF QB. :munch:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

MLF. Regardless of the level of talent, we should be seeing improvement. If the players are all 6th tier the coach should still be able to improve them to 5th tier. Who on this team is playing better than last year?

Also, 9 points in the first halves of the last 5 games. Not 9 points average, but 9 points total. That is pitiful. If the entire team (at least the entire offence) is going out unprepared to play, that's got to be the coach. (And the defence has given up 73 points in the first halves of those games, 38 in the second halves. They aren't covered in first half glory by any means.)