Backthepack Nov mock

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
30 Oct 2023 22:17
bud fox wrote:
30 Oct 2023 21:07

Yea this offense misses a wr more than a 4 time mvp Sb winning Sb mvp highest rated qb of all time.

Brilliant take.
Damn right it is.

Rodgers was not MVP in 2019. He was middling. And the offense was just fine, even the team success was identical as next year when he won MVP (13-3, NFCCG), because guess who was still producing for the passing game... and continued to produce without him last year in Vegas.

Adams was the real MVP of 2020 and 2021; literally all Rodgers did in both those years was spam the ball to him.
And Adams said I’ll never play for Gutenbumst again.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

I like Nabers as a player, but I agree with others that we already have significant investments in the WR position and we need to allow whatever talent is there to percolate.

Now the question in my mind is, how badly are we actually going to need a QB in the short term? If it is true that Maye and Williams will be out of reach, would we be better off spending our first round pick on a different rookie QB than keeping Love around? Based on what I've seen from Love so far, it's a toss up. I don't know much about the QB's of this draft.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Labrev wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Yea this offense misses a wr more than a 4 time mvp Sb winning Sb mvp highest rated qb of all time.

Brilliant take.
Damn right it is.

Rodgers was not MVP in 2019. He was middling. And the offense was just fine, even the team success was identical as next year when he won MVP (13-3 + NFCCG), because guess who was still producing for the passing game... and continued to produce without Rodgers last year in Vegas.

The first season without Adams is the first one where this offense sputters. As bad as this season is, we were only 1 win better this time last year, for all that noise about how losing Rodgers is the reason for this year's struggles. 1 win better than terribad, wow... huge loss right there lol.

Adams was the real MVP of 2020 and 2021; literally all Rodgers did in both those years was spam the ball to him.
Rodgers won mvp, Sb mvp, Sb and best passer rating of all time without Adams.

Alright alright alright

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

bud fox wrote:
30 Oct 2023 22:25
Labrev wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Brilliant take.
Damn right it is.

Rodgers was not MVP in 2019. He was middling. And the offense was just fine, even the team success was identical as next year when he won MVP (13-3 + NFCCG), because guess who was still producing for the passing game... and continued to produce without Rodgers last year in Vegas.

The first season without Adams is the first one where this offense sputters. As bad as this season is, we were only 1 win better this time last year, for all that noise about how losing Rodgers is the reason for this year's struggles. 1 win better than terribad, wow... huge loss right there lol.

Alright alright alright
:lol: :lol:

bud thinks that because I do not equate Rodgers at 39 and clear physical decline as being exactly the same as Rodgers in his athletic prime, that I do not recognize him as ever being an elite QB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Labrev wrote:
30 Oct 2023 22:35
bud fox wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Damn right it is.

Alright alright alright

bud thinks that because I do not equate Rodgers at 39 and clear physical decline as being exactly the same as Rodgers in his athletic prime, that I do not recognize him as ever being an elite QB.
He won mvp the year before his broken thumb lol age that is one year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

As I hate putting work into mocks and having them hijacked let’s try and keep this at least mildly on topic even if this is a Gutenbumst clone of a mock.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
30 Oct 2023 14:54
Gone is Murphy and Gute. Don't ask how it just happens
There's zero chance the Packers move on from Murphy after this season. He will stay around until 2025 when age forces him out of the office. I fully expect the team to keep Gutekunst until then as well.
Cdragon wrote:
30 Oct 2023 20:33
My concern would be dumping both Bakh and Jaire would throw us in the same dead cap hell we are in now.
The Packers will save $21.5 million of cap space for next season by moving on from Bakhtiari. That's all but guaranteed to happen.
Backthepack4ever wrote:
30 Oct 2023 21:15
Yea the jaire move is kinda out there but if...if we are worried about his back then make the move. You saw him Sunday right. He got cooked by a rookie. He was awful. Awful. Complete trash. If the issue is the back then let him be someone else's problem. I don't want to make that move but if it's gonna be a long term issue smart move is move
Why would another team be interested in giving up a first rounder in return for Alexander if that's true?
Backthepack4ever wrote:
30 Oct 2023 21:30
That's a good question.

Are we highly invested at wr? We aren't paying a single guy or anyone a 1sr round picks? So I would say that yes we threw some darts at the board we didn't invest real money
The Packers spent two second round picks on wide receivers in the past two drafts. While we aren't paying them a significant amount of money that should be considered a high investment in one position.
Labrev wrote:

Adams didn't even put up 1,000 receiving yards in 2019 and the Packers went 4-0 without him that season, averaging 32.5 points in those games while only 20.5 points in the 12 games Adams played. Therefore considering him being the MVP that season is truly a strange take.

While he did put up great numbers with the Raiders last year, how many games did they end up winning?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 15:10
This is a puker for me. The Packers will be forced to either go QB or OT with their first pick. They wont have a choice.
I can’t get behind this, especially so early on in the draft process.

No one ever forced to take any position, other than QB.

But to just call it a bad draft because we didn’t go OT early, knowing he went 3 OL in the 2nd round. Seems strange to me.

Even if we get a high, 5-12 OT, not even sure he would start. I think our issue now is more lack of interior OL, or we’d already have Jenkins at LT.

Jenkins and Tom both have looked good at LT before. I think either would have better odds of turning into a solid long term starter over any draft pick. Just knowing what they’ve shown and odds of the draft.

Anyways, just one of those simple black and white reactions that just never makes sense to me.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

bud fox wrote:
30 Oct 2023 22:43
Labrev wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Alright alright alright

I already addressed his sham 2021 and 2020 MVPs.

Good god, nobody can hold more than one thought at a time anymore; everyone's brains are fried from entertainment, junk food, drugs, and pr0n.
—Magneto

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Cdragon wrote:
My concern would be dumping both Bakh and Jaire would throw us in the same dead cap hell we are in now.

Don't mind sliding down if the top ten is weak.
The way I read it, Bakh would result in a $21 mil cap saving. Jaire would be a $3 mil cap hit.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Half Empty wrote:
31 Oct 2023 08:15
Cdragon wrote:

Don't mind sliding down if the top ten is weak.
The way I read it, Bakh would result in a $21 mil cap saving. Jaire would be a $3 mil cap hit.
You got it!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
31 Oct 2023 08:01
bud fox wrote:
30 Oct 2023 22:43
Labrev wrote:

I already addressed his sham 2021 and 2020 MVPs.

Good god, nobody can hold more than one thought at a time anymore; everyone's brains are fried from entertainment, junk food, drugs, and pr0n.

you bought into others here claiming Rodgers was the reason any time we lost, and your still hanging onto that nonsense, you where just showed that 2019 was a off year with Adams, in fact members here claimed Rodgers depended to much on Adams because the others did very well minus Adams in the games he missed.

your doing what you claim I've done in the past, move the field markers, oh wait, I got it wrong, your moving the goal post :rotf

what we are seeing Love go through to a degree right now is what Rodgers also had to deal with for the first haf doz games last season when the OL couldn't block, the receivers dropped passes, ran the routes wrong, the difference is, and what you refuse to accept then ( your not alone) is that Rodgers unlike Love was able to over come a poor play call, was able to recognize defensive rush schemes, was able often to feel pressure and escape it, get rid of the ball, or take a sack, versus tossing up ducks into double coverage as we so often see from Love, ( everyone does that, Love far to much)

Last season you gave Rodgers all the blame, he isn't here any more so now your trying to sell me that Love is no worse, I doubt anyone would buy that bill of goods, but good luck trying. :roll:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2023 08:50
you bought into others here claiming Rodgers was the reason any time we lost, and your still hanging onto that nonsense, you where just showed that 2019 was a off year with Adams, in fact members here claimed Rodgers depended to much on Adams because the others did very well minus Adams in the games he missed.

your doing what you claim I've done in the past, move the field markers, oh wait, I got it wrong, your moving the goal post :rotf

what we are seeing Love go through to a degree right now is what Rodgers also had to deal with for the first haf doz games last season when the OL couldn't block, the receivers dropped passes, ran the routes wrong, the difference is, and what you refuse to accept then ( your not alone) is that Rodgers unlike Love was able to over come a poor play call, was able to recognize defensive rush schemes, was able often to feel pressure and escape it, get rid of the ball, or take a sack, versus tossing up ducks into double coverage as we so often see from Love, ( everyone does that, Love far to much)

Last season you gave Rodgers all the blame, he isn't here any more so now your trying to sell me that Love is no worse, I doubt anyone would buy that bill of goods, but good luck trying. :roll:
Stop putting words in my mouth, then maybe we will talk.
—Magneto

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Good luck with that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
31 Oct 2023 08:52
Yoop wrote:

to funny

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
31 Oct 2023 08:53
Good luck with that.
what the hell would you know, troll

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2023 09:18
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

to funny

—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
31 Oct 2023 09:30
Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2023 09:18
Labrev wrote:

to funny

when people like you correct a persons grammar, spelling, etc. typically it's because they lack a sustainable argument.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Kind of hard to mock when we don't know if the Packers will be a 2-15 team with the 2nd pick or a 7-10 team with a mid round pick.

My bet is that the Packers don't need a QB or any other position enough to gamble on using 1st rounder in the 2-10 range. What they need is Olinemen and so no matter the record, they should trade down into the 2nd and 3rd and 4th rounds and take quantity over quality. It may be that Tom is the only Olineman on the team that should be a starter next season.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
31 Oct 2023 11:16
Kind of hard to mock when we don't know if the Packers will be a 2-15 team with the 2nd pick or a 7-10 team with a mid round pick.

My bet is that the Packers don't need a QB or any other position enough to gamble on using 1st rounder in the 2-10 range. What they need is Olinemen and so no matter the record, they should trade down into the 2nd and 3rd and 4th rounds and take quantity over quality. It may be that Tom is the only Olineman on the team that should be a starter next season.
From 2020-2022 the Packers took 3 offensive lineman in each class. Theyve gone quantity over quality.