Week 8 Post Game: Vikings ∞, Packers 10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

free rushers every game, receivers running wrong routes, when asked to block, they engage prior to Love releasing the ball, how after a whole off season, and 6 games are we still seeing this, I know the buck stops with Lafleur, but Vrabel has to coach these kids up to know ya can't do that, same with Butkus, Myers been here long enough to know his first responsibility is to chip the DT prior to searching for a LBer, we see far to many stupid mistakes from both of these positions, like Douglas said in his presser, youth has become a over used excuse, he's right.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2023 07:24
I know the buck stops with Lafleur, but Vrabel has to coach these kids up to know ya can't do that, same with Butkus,
LaFleur is the guy who hired them.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Last year Watson had some success on reverses. He even took one to the house. They also keep the defense a little more honest. Didn’t see any.

I’m thinking they should let Love wing it right off the get go. Come out in the 1st quarter slinging it. Let the passing game set up the running game because the other way around ain’t working.
Love is the answer…

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

TJ Slaton film for those who are interested:

https://www.packers.com/news/what-you-m ... preme-2023
GREEN BAY – Minnesota running backs Alexander Mattison and Cam Akers combined for just 50 yards on 25 carries Sunday, exactly 2.0 yards per attempt.

Packers defensive lineman T.J. Slaton was a big reason why, getting credited with a career-best nine total tackles, more than double his previous high (four).
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The only guy you don't throw to here is Doubs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 12:38

Maybe Love just needs some Rick Vaughn glasses.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 12:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 12:38
*Tweet*

Maybe Love just needs some Rick Vaughn glasses.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I gotta say, in most of those clips, the O-line blocking IS NOT the issue. Even on the sack where Walker whiffed, the edge was chipped by the RB and Love had 3+ sec to get rid of it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

when Love has a 3 count, and the receivers get open Love looks OK, He also is adapting to the poor play of the LT, and Myers pushed back to often, he still seems slow avoiding pressure at times as shown in several vids

this is the best the OL has looked all season imo

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:06
I gotta say, in most of those clips, the O-line blocking IS NOT the issue. Even on the sack where Walker whiffed, the edge was chipped by the RB and Love had 3+ sec to get rid of it.
Yeah. And a lot of those plays he had guys open too. :?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

APB wrote:
A few cherry-picked plays does not tell me the OL is not the issue. The OL flat out sucks!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:37
APB wrote:
that too, he is slow to trust what he's seeing, but then he's been fooled by his receivers often, like the OL issues, the past is somewhat responsible for the present, once the rushers bang ya around ( he has zero faith that Walker will even make contact with his guy, or that Myers will anchor, wif or fart) the process to block that out takes time, same with these receivers, trust doesn't evolve over night :idn:
Last edited by Yoop on 02 Nov 2023 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:54
APB wrote:
A few cherry-picked plays does not tell me the OL is not the issue. The OL flat out sucks!
I don't know why that is so hard for some to accept, seems they'd rather think Love isn't the answer, lose every game and start all over, same with all this rebuild talk.

I was impressed with most of Gute's presser, he down played the term rebuild over and over, and that he expects this to eventually right itself, pointing out that some unexpected issues have caused this slow start, and I think thats true, starting with this poor OL play :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:56
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:
that too, he is slow to trust what he's seeing, but then he's been fooled by his receivers often, like the OL issues, the past is somewhat responsible for the present, once the rushers bang ya around ( he has zero faith that Walker will even make contact with his guy, or that Myers will anchor, wif or fart) the process to block that out takes time, same with these receivers, trust doesn't evolve over night :idn:
There are always multiple variables.

But there is also the fact that Love had open receivers and didn't pull the trigger. He needs to pull the trigger. He needs to find the open guys.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

go pak go wrote:
02 Nov 2023 09:35
Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:56
go pak go wrote:

There are always multiple variables.

But there is also the fact that Love had open receivers and didn't pull the trigger. He needs to pull the trigger. He needs to find the open guys.
The irony here is that many of us were saying the same thing about Rodgers last year (and before).