Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
01 Nov 2023 08:09
McDaniels HC experiment is over, fired in-season... what does that say about MLF, who lost to and was outcoached by him?

Matt LeTOAST
That, and the Falcons have benched Desmond Ridder for ineffective play. Guess which team he had one of his best games against?

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

paco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 13:52
Bears trade for Sweat already looking bad. Good player, but they spent a lot more to get a lesser & older player from the Commanders.
While Sweat isn't the more talented player he's available significantly more often than Young. He has only missed a total of seven games in 4 1/2 seasons while Young has missed 24 in four seasons.
BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2023 21:43
I seem to remember being up on the 9er entering the 4th by more than 3 recently. :roll:

This is actually quite the crazy statistic.
To be fair, they trailed by seven and less in only 12 games, going 4-8 in those.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Josh McDaniels…wow. So glad we avoided that train wreck.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Oh my god.

So after McDaniels ran Davante Adams's best friend (and reason for joining the team) QB Derek Carr out of town, one of his last acts as coach was to conspire with the GM to deny the NY Jets the ability to acquire Adams via trade and reunite him with Aaron Rodgers:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jo ... e0df7&ei=8

Granted, going to Vegas was unwise from the start, but man, Davante deserved way better than this &%$@.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Labrev wrote:
06 Nov 2023 15:23
Oh my god.

So after McDaniels ran Davante Adams's best friend (and reason for joining the team) QB Derek Carr out of town, one of his last acts as coach was to conspire with the GM to deny the NY Jets the ability to acquire Adams via trade and reunite him with Aaron Rodgers:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jo ... e0df7&ei=8

Granted, going to Vegas was unwise from the start, but man, Davante deserved way better than this &%$@.
Tough to see McDaniels ever getting another HC job based on his track record so far. I would say that he might be worth a look as an OC, but I don't want that type of negative energy in my building.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

McDaniels will never get a HC gig again. I thought he would have learned from the Broncos debacle of how he just got every player there to hate him but he somehow did it again in Vegas.

I loved his offense in NE where he brought in the 2 TE sets and dictated to teams to play base and beat up your LBs. He’s been bad anywhere other than NE with Brady.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lol anybody know anything about this?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/388 ... rd-scandal

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

😂😂😂
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 11:59

😂😂😂
Ive been told the last few years Lazard and Turner are good players.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:09
Drj820 wrote:

😂😂😂
The money Lazard and MVS got were used to say that both were legit WR2s, now both teams are desperate for a real WR2.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Q-collars. I didn't know this was a thing until I saw it mentioned on today's Insider Inbox.
Help protect against head injury by reducing brain movement.

The Q-Collar is the first and only FDA-cleared solution that helps protect the brain during repetitive head impacts.

In February 2021, the FDA authorized (or “cleared”) the Q-Collar as a safe and effective device intended to be worn around the neck of athletes aged 13 years and older during sports activities to aid in the protection of the brain from effects associated with repetitive sub-concussive head impacts. You can read more about the FDA’s authorization of the Q-Collar.

Because the brain floats inside the skull, it moves – sometimes with great force – when the head is exposed to an impact. By applying light pressure to the sides of the neck, the Q-Collar increases blood volume in the brain’s venous structures, reducing the harmful internal movement that causes brain injury.

The Q-Collar is a noninvasive solution to brain protection, and there have been no negative effects reported relating to wearing it. It may even help you perform at your optimum.*
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:21
Q-collars. I didn't know this was a thing until I saw it mentioned on today's Insider Inbox.
I'm skeptical on the mechanism of action, therefore it may just be placebo effect. They claim it increases blood flow to the brain, but more blood to the brain doesn't change the amount of fluid AROUND the brain which is what is actually protective.

7:00-7:45 time stamp:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

😂😂😂
The money Lazard and MVS got were used to say that both were legit WR2s, now both teams are desperate for a real WR2.
The money and the stats are what #2 WRs are and get.

I’m sorry your expectations for #2 WRs are 4 digit yards. If you want that, you have to pay WR1 money.

Stats are pretty cut and dry on this.

$10 million annually only gunna buy you about 500-800 yards. That’s what MVS did last year, both are probably gunna end up in that range again.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:39
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:21
I'm skeptical on the mechanism of action, therefore it may just be placebo effect. They claim it increases blood flow to the brain, but more blood to the brain doesn't change the amount of fluid AROUND the brain which is what is actually protective.
Yes, it really sounds like pseudoscience, although they claim to have solid evidence. The link to the studies is way down the page: https://bit.ly/Q30Studies ...but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 14:22
Drj820 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

I’m sorry your expectations for #2 WRs are 4 digit yards. If you want that, you have to pay WR1 money.

$10 million annually only gunna buy you about 500-800 yards. That’s what MVS did last year, both are probably gunna end up in that range again.
Lozer Lazard has 273 yards halfway through the season and the Jets were trying to trade for someone to play opposite of garret wilson at the deadline. They paid Lazard to fill a role, and he is failing at that endeavor. If he was a desirable WR2, they would not have been trying to trade for davante.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 16:04
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Lozer Lazard has 273 yards halfway through the season and the Jets were trying to trade for someone to play opposite of garret wilson at the deadline. They paid Lazard to fill a role, and he is failing at that endeavor. If he was a desirable WR2, they would not have been trying to trade for davante.
Are you honestly suggesting the Jets inquired about a trade for Davante Adams because of their dissatisfaction with...Allen Lazard??

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
07 Nov 2023 16:33
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Are you honestly suggesting the Jets inquired about a trade for Davante Adams because of their dissatisfaction with...Allen Lazard??

That is exactly what the broadcast said on MNF after Lazard dropped a pass. Said the jets hoped Lazard would take pressure off Garrett Wilson and he was doing no such thing.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 17:02
APB wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

That is exactly what the broadcast said on MNF after Lazard dropped a pass. Said the jets hoped Lazard would take pressure off Garrett Wilson and he was doing no such thing.
:aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I've been saying it for years.

Davante Adams is better than Allan Lazard. Finally seems like the league agrees with me.

Wake up forum and take off your green colored glasses.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Charissa Thompson admits to completely making up NFL sideline reports:

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/chariss ... ports.html
“I’ve said this before,” Thompson noted. “I haven’t been fired to saying it, but I’ll say it again. I would make up the report sometimes, because A, the coach wouldn’t come out at halftime, or it was too late and I didn’t want to screw up the report. So I was like, ‘I’m just gonna make this up.’

“Because first of all, no coach is gonna get mad if I say, ‘Hey, we need to stop hurting ourselves, we need to be better on third down, we need to stop turning the ball over and do a better job of getting off the field.’ They’re not gonna correct me on that. So I’m like, it’s fine, I’ll just make up the report.”
:rotf:
Amazon, where Thompson currently works as a host for Prime Video’s Thursday Night Football, responded to a request from Daniel Kaplan on if Thompson will address this on air with “She was telling a story from 15 years ago.” Thompson also apologized and attempted to clarify her remarks in an Instagram post on Friday morning.
15 years ago? Yeah, OK, sure. Not buying it, Charissa. :roll:
- Vince Lombardi