Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheWolfman wrote:
07 Nov 2023 23:19
Hello

Pull up a keyboard and stay awhile!

TheWolfman
Reactions:

Post by TheWolfman »

Thanks for the welcome. Just getting my feet wet and beginning to learn about the site. Videos and such are low on the list at this time, right now my task is to find my profile and edit. :aok:
If your not the lead dog, then the scenery never changes.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheWolfman
Reactions:

Post by TheWolfman »

Besides this forum, what other sites do you regularly visit for Packer/NFL news?

I visit :
Packers.com
Acme Packing
ESPN.com
NFL.com

What sites do you visit? :beer2:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheWolfman wrote:
09 Nov 2023 14:50
Besides this forum, what other sites do you regularly visit for Packer/NFL news?

I visit :
Packers.com
Acme Packing
ESPN.com
NFL.com

I like to listen to the legend Wes Hod.

I also listen to the various Packers bloggers like Andy Herman, Mike Wahle, occasionally Bukowski, Justis Mosqueda, Paul Bretl.

Other than that not much. I stay away from the National News guys (outside of PFF stats) because I don't think they really provide any value. There are far better local people who much more insight on the team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2023 15:52
TheWolfman wrote:

I visit :
Packers.com
Acme Packing
ESPN.com
NFL.com

I like to listen to the legend Wes Hod.

I also listen to the various Packers bloggers like Andy Herman, Mike Wahle, occasionally Bukowski, Justis Mosqueda, Paul Bretl.

Other than that not much. I stay away from the National News guys (outside of PFF stats) because I don't think they really provide any value. There are far better local people who much more insight on the team.
What he said. Find people on Twitter and stay away from nfl and ESPN. They'll have a nugget occasionally, but usually a waste of time.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Sounds like we got something in Van Ness.

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheWolfman wrote:

I visit :
Packers.com
Acme Packing
ESPN.com
NFL.com

Stay away from blogger Andy Herman unless you prefer slapstick comedy routines more than insightful packer content.

I like cheesehead tv and Aaron Nagler for a pretty balanced approach, and Michael Rodney for a realistic approach.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

TheWolfman
Reactions:

Post by TheWolfman »

paco wrote:
09 Nov 2023 17:09
stay away from nfl and ESPN. They'll have a nugget occasionally, but usually a waste of time.
These sites give league standings, the line on the games, and time/network for games. Opinions don't generally excite me as they are too often proven wrong. Injury updates, trades, and such articles can provide good information. Forgot to mention NFL Today on ESPN, usually on at 4:00 pm EST and often repeated at 5:00 pm EST. I don't like Pat MacAfee but will sometimes tune in Dan Patrick on Peacock. 8-)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 09:02
Kind of hilarious number on Reed. I think most expected him to be a short yard per target guy.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Legit question.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
13 Nov 2023 09:08
Legit question.
giants gave jones a horrible contract, and got to see him for a few years before they made the bad decision. I think Murphy wanted to know at about half the season, but he def needs longer to evaluate. Too many bad things going on around Love to get a true read...and lucky for him..he doesnt have to know yet! Love is under contract next year, so murphy can feel free to do nothing until at least the offseason. The try out is still ongoing!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

To answer the question....

No. I would not give out a 4 year $160 Million contract based on the play we have seen. I certainly can't fault Love for everything and will give the benefit of the doubt of not being able to effectively evaluate, but we also have to be honest and admit that Love certainly hasn't elevated the offense or team either outside of week 1 and week 3.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 09:36
paco wrote:
Legit question.
giants gave jones a horrible contract, and got to see him for a few years before they made the bad decision. I think Murphy wanted to know at about half the season, but he def needs longer to evaluate. Too many bad things going on around Love to get a true read...and lucky for him..he doesnt have to know yet! Love is under contract next year, so murphy can feel free to do nothing until at least the offseason. The try out is still ongoing!
If you're Love, do you have any intention of playing on your current deal next season? I certainly wouldn't.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
13 Nov 2023 09:41
Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 09:36
paco wrote:
Legit question.
If you're Love, do you have any intention of playing on your current deal next season? I certainly wouldn't.
I dont think he has any choice unless his play becomes amazing and we continue to not give him a better deal.

At this point, i dont think he has much leverage.