Tanking?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The packers are set up like a legacy company. The kids run the established cash cow. The top job of the kids is to keep the company in the black and to keep the board off their butts, so they can live cushy and ride the gravy train.

Murphy, Gute, and Lafleur..all wanna ride the train. They all used Rodgers to get contracts, get rich, and stay in their cushy positions.

There is no motivation to really take risks, to really rock the boat. This could cause disruption in the cash flow. This could cost the kids their jobs. So they wanna win enough to justify raising prices and to keep their jobs.

These guys won’t ever give up the draft picks to bring in immediate help. They won’t ever fire someone for doing a good, but not great job.

Sad reality: this team needs a HOF qb to not be awful. This team needs a good tank. This team needs Drake Maye.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
04 Nov 2023 12:04
and this team isn't as void of talent as you propose, your over looking the puppy affect as though there bound not to improve, same with Love, everything we are seeing from him is improvable, deep ball accuracy, touch on short passes, decision making, dealing with pressure, everything, will it ever be good enough, well thats the million dollar question, but under the conditions he's had to play under so far, no one can say, I think your jumping the gun here a bit.
I'm not convinced it's possible to improve Love's decision making and accuracy.

TheWolfman
Reactions:

Post by TheWolfman »

The Packers vs The Steelers

Another horror show and Halloween has past. Pittsburgh, as always, relies upon pure strength to wear out opponents. Don't expect to see a lot of early scoring in this game unless something unexpected happens. The Steelers will pound on the packers and then open up their game with 1/3 of the game remaining.

I predict: The Packers 10
The Steelers 27

Not pretty, but honest.
If your not the lead dog, then the scenery never changes.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
08 Nov 2023 05:04
Yoop wrote:
and this team isn't as void of talent as you propose, your over looking the puppy affect as though there bound not to improve, same with Love, everything we are seeing from him is improvable, deep ball accuracy, touch on short passes, decision making, dealing with pressure, everything, will it ever be good enough, well thats the million dollar question, but under the conditions he's had to play under so far, no one can say, I think your jumping the gun here a bit.
your not alone there, IMO to much went against him to start with, pass rush got in his head, couldn't run the ball, every time we strung together a couple plays we'd self destruct with a penalty, having such a young receiver group, inconsistent blocking, makes it hard to get in a groove, hope we keep playing with the intensity we showed against LAR, as he looked to be settling in in the 2nd half, when things go right, everything tends to improve, when that happens I think Loves ability will be more clear, one way or the other.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

CWIMM wrote:
Yoop wrote:
I am convinced it's not possible. 4 years in the NFL already.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

bud fox wrote:
08 Nov 2023 16:13
CWIMM wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Its concerning the same problems in year 4 are the same problems from college. There are some things you cant simulate in practice. The mechanics though are really bad I think and its leading to a ton of ball placement issues. Hes made things harder on his receivers all season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

bud fox wrote:
Of course it's possible, I am firmly convinced that Aaron Rodgers was better later in his career than he was 8 games into his first season. Feel free to disagree.

But if we accept that Rodgers could improve and had not peaked by his 9th start, then we have to accept in principle that others can too.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

dsr wrote:
08 Nov 2023 18:08
bud fox wrote:
Of course it's possible, I am firmly convinced that Aaron Rodgers was better later in his career than he was 8 games into his first season. Feel free to disagree.

But if we accept that Rodgers could improve and had not peaked by his 9th start, then we have to accept in principle that others can too.
Damn you and your logicalfulness… :lol:

TheWolfman
Reactions:

Post by TheWolfman »

dsr wrote:
08 Nov 2023 18:08
bud fox wrote:

Some are just smarter/quicker than other people. Either you have it or you don't. Mahomes has it. Rodgers has it. You can get better, but only the rare have that edge that makes them stand above the rest. Some rookies have it, but just need to learn to play NFL level football. Love should certainly know his playbook, and he has the physical abilities, it's that final decision making quality (quick thinking) under pressure that remains hot/cold. Is his O-Line holding him back or his receivers or is it the plays he's be asked to execute. Is Love the future or is GB's QB yet to be discovered?
If your not the lead dog, then the scenery never changes.