Packers @ Steelers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 12th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:23
MY_TAKE wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:18
Labrev wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:08
W or L, this game has been way more fun than most this season.
IM annoyed as hell,but it did entertain! Kenny Pickett sucks and we lost to him. Just pisses me off!!
They won a meaningless game. I'd rather have Love than Pickett.
Pickett this year has been a winner and clutch when it matters. Love has lost most of his opportunities when it matter with more experience in the league.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:
Labrev wrote: W or L, this game has been way more fun than most this season.
IM annoyed as hell,but it did entertain! Kenny Pickett sucks and we lost to him. Just pisses me off!!
Pickett is horrible, I agree. It wasn't meaningless to me. I still was holding out hope they could turn it aound some and string some wins together.

The Darn vikings started off like crap and have turned their season around and they lost Justin Jefferson and Kurt Cousins. They actually have an excuse to suck and they are kicking ass. Hopefully for them JJ will be back soon.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

MY_TAKE wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:30
Pugger wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:

Pickett is horrible, I agree. It wasn't meaningless to me. I still was holding out hope they could turn it aound some and string some wins together.

The Darn vikings started off like crap and have turned their season around and they lost Justin Jefferson and Kurt Cousins. They actually have an excuse to suck and they are kicking ass. Hopefully for them JJ will be back soon.
We need to be more concerned with the Beads than the Vikings at this point. The Bears are on more of an upward trend than us sadly.

The Lackers right now are the laughing stock of the division and righty so. None of our other rivals would have dared to take Loves awful ass over Rodgers.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
12 Nov 2023 14:22
What is wrong with Jones' hands???
that and running inside with no time outs to basically seal a loss, we play just well enough to lose, I know Jones has been injured most of the season, hasn't played as much, but what was he thinking on that insane decision, we got lucky to even have another shot.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:

What good would a win be now (I do get it that winning begets winning)? All it does is drop us down the draft line this spring. We need blue chip players and with our cap issues these kids have to come via the draft.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:32
MY_TAKE wrote:
Pugger wrote:

We need to be more concerned with the Beads than the Vikings at this point. The Bears are on more of an upward trend than us sadly.

The Lackers right now are the laughing stock of the division and righty so. None of our other rivals would have dared to take Loves awful ass over Rodgers.

It will be a tight race for the bottom of the North given we have Giants/Panthers and they have Cardinals.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:36
MY_TAKE wrote:
Pugger wrote:

What good would a win be now (I do get it that winning begets winning)? All it does is drop us down the draft line this spring. We need blue chip players and with our cap issues these kids have to come via the draft.
pe

Because with a win PUGGER they would have been 4-5. I guess its not meaningless to me if there is still hope mathematically. Remember "run the table"? I know they are not that great but they barely made the playoffs the year they won the superbowl 2010/2011! THATS why!!!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:46
Pugger wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:

pe

Because with a win PUGGER they would have been 4-5. I guess its not meaningless to me if there is still hope mathematically. Remember "run the table"? I know they are not that great but they barely made the playoffs the year they won the superbowl 2010/2011! THATS why!!!
Seriously?? This team is NOT a playoff caliber team. Our last SB team was a hell of lot more talented AND polished than this group of kids.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:14
Labrev wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:11
Not a smart call/pass. With all the DBs on the goaline, they should have thrown it short then played hot potato with laterals.
Absolutely not.

That ball 100% had to be thrown to a wr standing in the end zone.

I was mad they didn’t chip the edges at all. Drag the play out another second, let something bust.
one way or another ya have to use some sort of drag concept to go short because ya need a blocker, or clear out guy in the EZ, we just looked terrible on that play, our offense is so hot and cold, and it starts imo up front, course dropped passes don't help, but our run blocking is just plane lousy, we need improvement at 3 positions

a close game like this helps players stay confident in themselves, thats good, but this is a game again that we should have won, giving up another 150 + on the ground, playing against poor officiating again, we just can't find lady luck :(

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:49
MY_TAKE wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:46
Pugger wrote:

pe

Seriously?? This team is NOT a playoff caliber team. Our last SB team was a hell of lot more talented AND polished than this group of kids.
not going to argue that it is, but you play win the game. You never know. Them great teams had to turn it around didnt they?

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Don’t underestimate what winning can do for a young team trying to find its way.

The object of the game has never been to play for a better draft pick.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:53
BF004 wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:14
Labrev wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:11
Not a smart call/pass. With all the DBs on the goaline, they should have thrown it short then played hot potato with laterals.
Absolutely not.

That ball 100% had to be thrown to a wr standing in the end zone.

I was mad they didn’t chip the edges at all. Drag the play out another second, let something bust.
one way or another ya have to use some sort of drag concept to go short because ya need a blocker, or clear out guy in the EZ, we just looked terrible on that play, our offense is so hot and cold, and it starts imo up front, course dropped passes don't help, but our run blocking is just plane lousy, we need improvement at 3 positions

a close game like this helps players stay confident in themselves, thats good, but this is a game again that we should have won, giving up another 150 + on the ground, playing against poor officiating again, we just can't find lady luck :(

Yeah I saw the replay again and I'm not sure how they could have completed a pass into the endzone with all the guys standing back there with eyes on the QB. Take the underneath open space and play hot potato 'til you can slip through a crack in the defense, IMO.

I wonder if MLF would have called a timeout and tried to go that route, but we had none, and the young offense is not experienced enough to figure that out independently of the coach.

It's fine though, you live and you learn, not like this team's going anywhere after Week 18.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

musclestang wrote:
12 Nov 2023 16:10
Don’t underestimate what winning can do for a young team trying to find its way.

Of course not but this isn't a team that is going anywhere and like I said, with our cap issues getting blue chip players will come in the draft. I am glad to see Love is getting better. IMO if the team is getting better as the season goes along that is cause for optimism for the future. :)

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

bud fox wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:06

No

We have literally needed our WRs all year to 'go get the ball'. Love needs to make the throws. He did to DOubs on the first TD. This is just a bad throw with the game on the line.
That’s right, because NFL receivers do go get the ball every single week for every single team and QB in the league. Go watch an Eagles or Chiefs game sometime and see how often their pass catchers “go get the ball”.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Pugger wrote:
12 Nov 2023 18:01
musclestang wrote:
12 Nov 2023 16:10

Of course not but this isn't a team that is going anywhere and like I said, with our cap issues getting blue chip players will come in the draft. I am glad to see Love is getting better. IMO if the team is getting better as the season goes along that is cause for optimism for the future. :)
I watched Detroit pick high in the draft for 20 years and never make a playoff game. I hope we never play for draft position. I couldn’t imagine rooting for my team to loose.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Tough teams beat the packers. Physical teams beat the packers. Sure, the Steelers don’t have a QB and they aren’t very disciplined…but they are tough.

They only had one way to beat us and they did just that..run the ball.

And they ran for over 200.

When’s the last time the packers path to victory was to pound the rock and they went for over 200 on the ground in a victory?

We just don’t take that path too often
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I can’t believe we gave up 200yds rushing again to an inept offense with a &%$@ QB on a windy day. I mean I believe it, but I can’t lol.

How do we not come out and make Pickett try and beat us with us arm? I guess you put Joe Barry in charge of the plan, that’s how.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

musclestang wrote:
12 Nov 2023 21:04
I can’t believe we gave up 200yds rushing again to an inept offense with a &%$@ QB on a windy day. I mean I believe it, but I can’t lol.

How do we not come out and make Pickett try and beat us with us arm? I guess you put Joe Barry in charge of the plan, that’s how.
But Lupe said I can't blame Barry. Because the Packers have sucked for years at that, Barry doesn't have to do his job well because his bosses are inept.

Must be freeing to know you can suck at your job and someone else gets blamed all the time.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
12 Nov 2023 21:11
musclestang wrote:

But Lupe said I can't blame Barry. Because the Packers have sucked for years at that, Barry doesn't have to do his job well because his bosses are inept.

Must be freeing to know you can suck at your job and someone else gets blamed all the time.
I didn’t say you can’t blame Barry. You’re being absurd. I’m just saying look at the bigger problem which is just not having good players on defense. Gary doesn’t set and edge and misses tackles. Preston is average at best and declining. Clark has declined and looked very bad. Campbell hasn’t looked good since that magic All Pro year. Jonathan Owens is bad. Wyatt doesn’t play the run well.

Barry can’t tackle for the defense. It is ironic though that Gutenbumst is the one sucking at his job and having someone e blamed for it.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Nov 2023 21:33
paco wrote:
12 Nov 2023 21:11
musclestang wrote:

I didn’t say you can’t blame Barry. You’re being absurd. I’m just saying look at the bigger problem which is just not having good players on defense. Gary doesn’t set and edge and misses tackles. Preston is average at best and declining. Clark has declined and looked very bad. Campbell hasn’t looked good since that magic All Pro year. Jonathan Owens is bad. Wyatt doesn’t play the run well.

Barry can’t tackle for the defense. It is ironic though that Gutenbumst is the one sucking at his job and having someone e blamed for it.
It's a thread about this game. Gutey doesn't have to be brought up in every thread or post. Yes, he's a problem. Just because I don't bring him up every other post, doesn't mean I don't see that. I'll bitch about gutey when it's his turn. Lot of other people to blame right now.
RIP JustJeff