Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
13 Nov 2023 16:00
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:43
Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:20
we are at the point in the discussion where people are going to pretend Love and Rodgers are equally as good as each other in football
I know this post is geared towards me. I am sorry this is the conclusion you are trying to jump to.

A strange agenda you had for me with the leading questions after I made a statement that the 2023 offense is not worse than the 2022 offense. I didn't say anything crazy. Both stink after 9 games. The 2022 offense started showing life in week 10 after Watson started taking off.

That is just the fact.
I hate how you make an intelligent point and then people have to argue in absolutes.
thats because absolutes is usually all he recognizes, and this offense this season is better then last years team, that people refuse to recognize that is because there defending Love.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Nov 2023 16:26
Acrobat wrote:
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:43

I know this post is geared towards me. I am sorry this is the conclusion you are trying to jump to.

A strange agenda you had for me with the leading questions after I made a statement that the 2023 offense is not worse than the 2022 offense. I didn't say anything crazy. Both stink after 9 games. The 2022 offense started showing life in week 10 after Watson started taking off.

That is just the fact.
I hate how you make an intelligent point and then people have to argue in absolutes.
thats because absolutes is usually all he recognizes, and this offense this season is better then last years team, that people refuse to recognize that is because there defending Love.
Who is this "he" in your post?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I am about to make a statement that is only contreversal to Packers fans who hate Rodgers:

2022 Aaron Rodgers was a better QB than 2023 Jordan Love.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I guess I don't hate Rodgers then!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 16:47
I am about to make a statement that is only contreversal to Packers fans who hate Rodgers:

Based on what, reputation? Brand value? Any cold, hard data or other metrics that support the statement?

Because gpg shared some to support his opposite claim, while you seem to want to just rely on conventional wisdom or accusing people who disagree of unfair bias ("fans who hate Rodgers") rather than what the *facts* say.
Last edited by Labrev on 13 Nov 2023 19:11, edited 3 times in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:

I've never hated any Packer. :oops:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:

I think the more important statement is both were and are below the standard.

It also important to note that just because a snippet of play (17 games and 9 games respectivley) is below the standard, doesn't mean they are a bad player - though it is also true that Love may never turn out.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:

Rodgers just made being awful look that much better than Jordan Love is this year.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:

AR better be. He has so much more experience and success at this stage of his career than JL. I posted the difference between the team surrounding Rodgers first season starting and Love's this year. If you look at that Love is doing okay so far.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Acrobat wrote:
13 Nov 2023 17:59
Drj820 wrote:

Rodgers just made being awful look that much better than Jordan Love is this year.
Common misconception I’ve seen with Packers fans is that Rodgers wasn’t good in his first year. He was clearly a franchise QB right away. The problem that team had was a defense that truly couldn’t stop anyone.

This defense has kept Love in the game and he continues to do terrible with the opportunity to win.

Rodgers first year rarely got the opportunity to win.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’ve been getting more impressed with Jordan the past weeks. More bullish on him now than I was 3-4 weeks ago.

Be a fun 8 games to finish the year for him. Still think he has a pretty solid shot here.

Decision on what we do this offseason thankfully doesn’t need much consideration yet. A lot of it depends if we win 4-5 games; or 7-8 games.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Nov 2023 18:58
Acrobat wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Common misconception I’ve seen with Packers fans is that Rodgers wasn’t good in his first year. He was clearly a franchise QB right away. The problem that team had was a defense that truly couldn’t stop anyone.

This defense has kept Love in the game and he continues to do terrible with the opportunity to win.

I’m talking about last year, not 2008. In think 2008 Rodgers was better than Love is this year. Not by a huge gap but considerably ahead of where Love is today.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 16:27
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

you obviously, and it was a off handed comment, and it followed Acrobats post, do you get bent out of shape over any comment directed at you

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 17:20
Drj820 wrote:

It also important to note that just because a snippet of play (17 games and 9 games respectivley) is below the standard, doesn't mean they are a bad player - though it is also true that Love may never turn out.
Rodgers had a broken thumb.

I am pretty sure you said the big difference between seasons is Jones is injured.

Rodgers you never actually mention he was throwing the ball with a broken thumb.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Acrobat wrote:
13 Nov 2023 19:45
lupedafiasco wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

I’m talking about last year, not 2008. In think 2008 Rodgers was better than Love is this year. Not by a huge gap but considerably ahead of where Love is today.
There was a huge gap, but AR did have his issues. Love can still improve and make himself a valuable QB but he's not going to be a HOFer.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Nov 2023 19:50
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 16:27
Yoop wrote:

you obviously, and it was a off handed comment, and it followed Acrobats post, do you get bent out of shape over any comment directed at you
I don't recognize absolutes at all.

I hate absolutes and generalizations. I like data and specifics.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
13 Nov 2023 19:51
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I am pretty sure you said the big difference between seasons is Jones is injured.

Rodgers you never actually mention he was throwing the ball with a broken thumb.
Yup. At this point in the season (after 9 games) Rodgers played with a broken thumb for three games. He was 3-3 pre-thumb injury. 0-3 post thumb injury by this point.

It is important to note that the Washington and Detroit games (week 7 and week 9) were likely one of the worst games of Rodgers's career.

I didn't really think the broken thumb had to be brought up again like in every other thread because this was about the Packers offense and comparing what Love has compared to what Rodgers had. I didn't think comparing Love to a broken thumb Rodgers was necessary.
Last edited by go pak go on 13 Nov 2023 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

The Packers were in a lot of games in 2008. Yesterday was very reminiscent to 2008 in terms of playing well enough to win but finding a way to lose.

The Packers lost 5 games within 3 points. The Packers lost 7 games within 4 points.

The Packers also lost 4 games where the defense held the opponent to 24 or less. We just found a way to lose a lot of games.
Yoop wrote:

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 21:16
bud fox wrote:
13 Nov 2023 19:51
go pak go wrote:

Yup. At this point in the season (after 9 games) Rodgers played with a broken thumb for three games. He was 3-3 pre-thumb injury. 0-3 post thumb injury by this point.

It is important to note that the Washington and Detroit games (week 7 and week 9) were likely one of the worst games of Rodgers's career.

I didn't really think the broken thumb had to be brought up again like in every other thread because this was about the Packers offense and comparing what Love has compared to what Rodgers had. I didn't think comparing Love to a broken thumb Rodgers was necessary.
I am completely agnostic on the Rodgers-Love dispute going on above, except to say that Jordan is the current Packer QB and Rodgers is now in New York, so I'm rooting for Jordan to do well now and while he remains a Packer.

That said, I attended that Commanders game and I strongly disagree with the notion that Rodgers played one of the worst games of his career. Instead, I'd say Rodgers did about as well as one could given the "talent" around him.

Against Washington, Lazard was Lazard. He was targeted 7 times and had 6 catches for an unspectacular 55 yards. He was the best WR in Green & Gold that day. The other receivers were Watkins (4 targets), Tonyan (4 targets), Amari Rodgers (3 targets - no seriously Amari Rodgers played a huge role in that game, including yet another crucial fumble as a punt returner), Doubs (4 targets), and Toure (1 target). Oh, and Bakh was declared out the morning of the game.

The Packers also rushed 12 times for 48 yards.

Rodgers finished 23-35 for 195 yards and 2 TDs, both to Aaron Jones (who finished with 9 catches for 53 yards).

Given the collection of receiving crap at his disposal that day, I believe that Rodgers actually played just fine.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

LombardiTime wrote:
13 Nov 2023 22:22

I am completely agnostic on the Rodgers-Love dispute going on above, except to say that Jordan is the current Packer QB and Rodgers is now in New York, so I'm rooting for Jordan to do well now and while he remains a Packer.

That said, I attended that Commanders game and I strongly disagree with the notion that Rodgers played one of the worst games of his career. Instead, I'd say Rodgers did about as well as one could given the "talent" around him.

Against Washington, Lazard was Lazard. He was targeted 7 times and had 6 catches for an unspectacular 55 yards. He was the best WR in Green & Gold that day. The other receivers were Watkins (4 targets), Tonyan (4 targets), Amari Rodgers (3 targets - no seriously Amari Rodgers played a huge role in that game, including yet another crucial fumble as a punt returner), Doubs (4 targets), and Toure (1 target). Oh, and Bakh was declared out the morning of the game.

The Packers also rushed 12 times for 48 yards.

Rodgers finished 23-35 for 195 yards and 2 TDs, both to Aaron Jones (who finished with 9 catches for 53 yards).

Given the collection of receiving crap at his disposal that day, I believe that Rodgers actually played just fine.
I also remember one of those detroit games, can't remember if it was 1st meeting or 2nd, but players had around 4 balls hit them right in the hands, first down, move the chains at least 3 more plays per drive (12 more at a minimum) and they just dropped them on 3rd down. Kill the drive, punt to the other team drops.

What offense can't be better with at least 12 more offensive snaps? and that's what those drops cost us. We didn't look good that day. but in other places at that time, if you pointed out that while Rodgers wasn't perfect by any means, but others were less than league average, it relegated all your thoughts and debates into the bin of a rodger's lover of some sort and summarily dismissed LOL.