Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
13 Nov 2023 19:50
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 16:27
Yoop wrote:
13 Nov 2023 16:26

thats because absolutes is usually all he recognizes, and this offense this season is better then last years team, that people refuse to recognize that is because there defending Love.
Who is this "he" in your post?
you obviously, and it was a off handed comment, and it followed Acrobats post, do you get bent out of shape over any comment directed at you
Do you understand what “absolutes” means?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 21:13
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

you obviously, and it was a off handed comment, and it followed Acrobats post, do you get bent out of shape over any comment directed at you
I don't recognize absolutes at all.

I hate absolutes and generalizations. I like data and specifics.
sorry then, still all your data and stats are all you seem to go by, Rodgers obviously suffered from a broken, but since it's not recorded in data or stats you dismiss it, and last season we saw more dropped passes then Loves had to deal with this year, course data only records drops if the ball touches both hands, which leaves out all the catchable passes they didn't make

you dismiss everything unless it's backed with data, thats fine if your looking up stuff that happened years back, however where talking about stuff that happened last year, you just claimed Rodgers worst game last year was against Washington, and even Data shows just how wrong you are, Rodgers was easily our best player that day, and it wasn't even close.

you and others here made a concerted effort last year (just as you have for practically every loss over the years) to lay blame with Rodgers for all the poor play from his supporting cast, and just sticking with Stats and data made that easier for you, but doing so avoids having to deal with what really was the problems

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2023 06:46
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I think so, I also recognize bull &%$@ when I'am hearing it as well

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

musclestang wrote:
14 Nov 2023 05:47
LombardiTime wrote:
13 Nov 2023 22:22

I am completely agnostic on the Rodgers-Love dispute going on above, except to say that Jordan is the current Packer QB and Rodgers is now in New York, so I'm rooting for Jordan to do well now and while he remains a Packer.

That said, I attended that Commanders game and I strongly disagree with the notion that Rodgers played one of the worst games of his career. Instead, I'd say Rodgers did about as well as one could given the "talent" around him.

Against Washington, Lazard was Lazard. He was targeted 7 times and had 6 catches for an unspectacular 55 yards. He was the best WR in Green & Gold that day. The other receivers were Watkins (4 targets), Tonyan (4 targets), Amari Rodgers (3 targets - no seriously Amari Rodgers played a huge role in that game, including yet another crucial fumble as a punt returner), Doubs (4 targets), and Toure (1 target). Oh, and Bakh was declared out the morning of the game.

The Packers also rushed 12 times for 48 yards.

Rodgers finished 23-35 for 195 yards and 2 TDs, both to Aaron Jones (who finished with 9 catches for 53 yards).

Given the collection of receiving crap at his disposal that day, I believe that Rodgers actually played just fine.
I also remember one of those detroit games, can't remember if it was 1st meeting or 2nd, but players had around 4 balls hit them right in the hands, first down, move the chains at least 3 more plays per drive (12 more at a minimum) and they just dropped them on 3rd down. Kill the drive, punt to the other team drops.

What offense can't be better with at least 12 more offensive snaps? and that's what those drops cost us. We didn't look good that day. but in other places at that time, if you pointed out that while Rodgers wasn't perfect by any means, but others were less than league average, it relegated all your thoughts and debates into the bin of a rodger's lover of some sort and summarily dismissed LOL.
stats and data wont record all those drops though Muscle, only if the ball touches both hands, which as we know wont encompass the one hand touches or other easily caught balls they failed to haul in.

I counted up the drops and my count was always more then the recorded drops, yet unless it's recorded then to some here it didn't happen

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 06:54
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

sorry then, still all your data and stats are all you seem to go by, Rodgers obviously suffered from a broken, but since it's not recorded in data or stats you dismiss it, and last season we saw more dropped passes then Loves had to deal with this year,
Man I have a hard time buying that Love is dealing with less drops than Rodgers did. Love has had to deal with a lot.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Foosball wrote:
10 Nov 2023 16:43
Are there any posters that have been on this forum for 4 years that can’t figure out;

That it’s Love’s 1st year starting
There is a difference between practice and playing in games
Love didn’t initially have training camp his first year due to Covid
Rodgers had Driver,Jennings, Jones, Lee, and Ryan Grant
Favre had Sharpe
Love has…….

Time will tell but because of the inexperience around him, it’ll take longer with Love.
Unfortunately the Packers don't have a lot of time before having to decide if Love is their quarterback of the future though.
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:30
I mean you just listed 5 players with less than 16 games of starting experience and make it sound like we have no exciting prospects? :lol:

To answer your question: Who's that??
Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Doubs, Toms is a great start. Add in Jenkins and Jones and you are already at 7 of your starting 11 lineup.
I highly doubt Jones will still be a starter on the Packers once the young guys enter their prime.
Labrev wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:23
If this QB play is inexcusably bad then you admit that we were right to say the same about Rodgers's last year:

UH OH, LOOPAY :twisted:
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:28
Yup. After 9 games in 2022 the Packers were 3-6
After 9 games in 2023 the Packers are 3-6

I legitately can't say the offense is any worse than it was a year ago at this point before the Christian Watson phenom started. (which started week 10 in 2022)

I honestly expect the 2022 and 2023 records to be within a game of each other. My money says we end up at 7-10 this year.
There's no doubt Rodgers had an off year in 2022. It's fascinating there are fans out there ignoring he played with a broken thumb though.

In addition Love putting up similar numbers isn't a ringing endorsement of his play in the first place.
Acrobat wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:02

CJ Stroud is a poor example too. Have you seen Tank Dell play? I'd take Dell on this team in a heartbeat.
The receiving corps Stroud is throwing includes Dalton Schultz, Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Robert Woods and Noah Brown.

I don't think most experts would consider that to be a significant upgrade over the Packers' corps. Still, Stroud is playing much better than Love despite being a true rookie.
Pugger wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:30
Just for grins I checked our roster in 2008. I think those offensive starters Rodgers' had was much better than the ones surrounding Love today. The D back then was better too.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... roster.htm

The defense definitely wasn't better back in 2008. They finished 22nd in points allowed. The current one is ranked 11th at this point.
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 21:16
Yup. At this point in the season (after 9 games) Rodgers played with a broken thumb for three games. He was 3-3 pre-thumb injury. 0-3 post thumb injury by this point.

I didn't really think the broken thumb had to be brought up again like in every other thread because this was about the Packers offense and comparing what Love has compared to what Rodgers had. I didn't think comparing Love to a broken thumb Rodgers was necessary.
First of all, Rodgers suffered the injury on the last play against the Giants in London, so he was 3-2 before it. In addition I'm convinced that bothered him the rest of the year.

The only reason someone would suggest it shouldn't be brought up in a discussion about his performance last season is that the person not being interested in taking a look at all the factors that contributed to him struggling.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 07:11
Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 06:54
go pak go wrote:

sorry then, still all your data and stats are all you seem to go by, Rodgers obviously suffered from a broken, but since it's not recorded in data or stats you dismiss it, and last season we saw more dropped passes then Loves had to deal with this year,
Man I have a hard time buying that Love is dealing with less drops than Rodgers did. Love has had to deal with a lot.
my problem is with how drops are recorded, according to data 23 brought and I looked up to verify I don't think a drop is recorded unless it hits both receivers hands, which leaves out a ton of passes a good receiver usually catches.
to me then we are left with our own visual opinion, which is up to interpretation :) anyway I think Love has suffered far fewer drops, I think Rodgers last season when you thought he was inaccurate was far more accurate then Love has been so far this season, but again thats also up to interpretation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 06:58
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

So you do or you don’t?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
14 Nov 2023 07:20
go pak go wrote: ↑Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:16 pm
Yup. At this point in the season (after 9 games) Rodgers played with a broken thumb for three games. He was 3-3 pre-thumb injury. 0-3 post thumb injury by this point.

I didn't really think the broken thumb had to be brought up again like in every other thread because this was about the Packers offense and comparing what Love has compared to what Rodgers had. I didn't think comparing Love to a broken thumb Rodgers was necessary.
of course you don't, it derails your argument, plus if your going to say your a data and specifics guy, then bring true data, you said he was 3-3 prior to the breaking of the thumb, when he was 3-2, simple mistake, or where you fudging to strengthen your unrealistic opinion, how can a broken thumb not affect his ability, that makes zero sense to me, heck most QB's sit with a broken thumb

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2023 07:25
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

So you do or you don’t?
well enough to know it didn't apply, and was just more bull &%$@

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 07:37
Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2023 07:25
Yoop wrote:

So you do or you don’t?
well enough to know it didn't apply, and was just more bull &%$@
Ok, just a suggestion, maybe next time someone posts stats, just say that you don't agree with how the stats tell the narrative instead of telling them they're speaking in absolutes.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 07:23
my problem is with how drops are recorded, according to data 23 brought and I looked up to verify I don't think a drop is recorded unless it hits both receivers hands, which leaves out a ton of passes a good receiver usually catches.
Never brought that nor have you ever verified that that is how drops are recorded.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

LombardiTime wrote:
13 Nov 2023 22:22
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 21:16
bud fox wrote:
13 Nov 2023 19:51

Rodgers had a broken thumb.

I am pretty sure you said the big difference between seasons is Jones is injured.

Rodgers you never actually mention he was throwing the ball with a broken thumb.

It is important to note that the Washington and Detroit games (week 7 and week 9) were likely one of the worst games of Rodgers's career.

I am completely agnostic on the Rodgers-Love dispute going on above, except to say that Jordan is the current Packer QB and Rodgers is now in New York, so I'm rooting for Jordan to do well now and while he remains a Packer.

That said, I attended that Commanders game and I strongly disagree with the notion that Rodgers played one of the worst games of his career. Instead, I'd say Rodgers did about as well as one could given the "talent" around him.

Against Washington, Lazard was Lazard. He was targeted 7 times and had 6 catches for an unspectacular 55 yards. He was the best WR in Green & Gold that day. The other receivers were Watkins (4 targets), Tonyan (4 targets), Amari Rodgers (3 targets - no seriously Amari Rodgers played a huge role in that game, including yet another crucial fumble as a punt returner), Doubs (4 targets), and Toure (1 target). Oh, and Bakh was declared out the morning of the game.

The Packers also rushed 12 times for 48 yards.

Rodgers finished 23-35 for 195 yards and 2 TDs, both to Aaron Jones (who finished with 9 catches for 53 yards).

Given the collection of receiving crap at his disposal that day, I believe that Rodgers actually played just fine.
Any non hater of 12 knows this
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think the thumb bothered 12 for more than 3 games…

But if you are going to post stats to imply that Rodgers played on the same level in 2022 as Love is in 2023 (which I disagree), sharing that one of them played with a broken thumb is a big part of the story!!!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:17
Yoop wrote:
Never brought that nor have you ever verified that that is how drops are recorded.
you brought some convoluted stat to disprove all the drops, what was it then, and I did look it up, and that is how I remember them recorded

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:19

But if you are going to post stats to imply that Rodgers played on the same level in 2022 as Love is in 2023 (which I disagree), sharing that one of them played with a broken thumb is a big part of the story!!!
I will ensure to include it on every post regarding 2022 moving forward.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:17
Yoop wrote:
you brought some convoluted stat to disprove all the drops, what was it then, and I did look it up, and that is how I remember them recorded
I definitely did not bring some convoluted stat to disprove all the drops. You could not have looked it up as it does not exist. You remember incorrectly.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:23
Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:19

I will ensure to include it on every post regarding 2022 moving forward.
the whole point GPG is that, rather then admitting receivers dropped more passes last year and where even worse then they are this season, that Rodgers had a broken thumb, that the OL also sucked for quite a few games to start the season, you over look all that to say Love is doing just as well as Rodgers did, problem is not only does it fail to meet the eye test, it's factually wrong too.

on top of that I'll go on the record to say Love never has been as good as Rodgers, and may never be, the question still remains is will he be good enough, and there has never been any questions like this concerning Rodgers.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Injuries only matter to the extent they actually adversely affect play, and the people who defend Rodgers claim his play in its own right was peachy all year, including the stretch in which he was injured, only made to look bad by other players i.e. OL, WRs, etc.

The thumb is only available to those accept that his play was sub-par, not those who say his play was hunky-dory.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

this is only a conversation in packers circles. rest of the world fully understand aaron rodgers is better than jordan love, and thats not really even a diss on Jordan Love.