Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:33
go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:23
Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:19
I think the thumb bothered 12 for more than 3 games…

But if you are going to post stats to imply that Rodgers played on the same level in 2022 as Love is in 2023 (which I disagree), sharing that one of them played with a broken thumb is a big part of the story!!!
I will ensure to include it on every post regarding 2022 moving forward.
the whole point GPG is that, rather then admitting receivers dropped more passes last year and where even worse then they are this season, that Rodgers had a broken thumb, that the OL also sucked for quite a few games to start the season, you over look all that to say Love is doing just as well as Rodgers did, problem is not only does it fail to meet the eye test, it's factually wrong too.

on top of that I'll go on the record to say Love never has been as good as Rodgers, and may never be, the question still remains is will he be good enough, and there has never been any questions like this concerning Rodgers.
Let's pull the emotion out. I am absolutely flabergasted that Rodgers has such an emotional pull that people even need to dream of saying a sentence like this.
on top of that I'll go on the record to say Love never has been as good as Rodgers, and may never be, the question still remains is will he be good enough, and there has never been any questions like this concerning Rodgers.
Holy crap guys. Are you honestly going to the place that you are trying to say Love won't be as good as Rodgers? No sh*T!!!! The dude is a top 5 ever QB and Love is a below average starter in a poor QB era. How insecure and emotionally attached do you have to be to even think that?

Love also has a sh*tty Oline. Love also has recievers who drop everything. And Love also have receivers who don't know the routes. The major difference is the thumb which I will be sure to point out on every post moving forward.

Favre sucked in 2005 too. Do I need to write a paragraph that it was actually Adrian Klemm and Antonio Chatman's fault to absolve Favre of all responsibilty?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:28
Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:17

Never brought that nor have you ever verified that that is how drops are recorded.
you brought some convoluted stat to disprove all the drops, what was it then, and I did look it up, and that is how I remember them recorded
I definitely did not bring some convoluted stat to disprove all the drops. You could not have looked it up as it does not exist. You remember incorrectly.
whatever you argued plenty that the receivers last season didn't have the drops they did, according to a quick look some say if the pass hits the hands or the numbers and isn't caught its a recorded drop, other say coaches record every pass they consider catchable that isn't also a drop, one article said if a college players drops over 11% of targeted throws, he may not even be drafted, another says the quality receiver average is 9 drops a season, last year we had receivers drop half that in multiple games, yet you still blamed Rodgers.

and just like now your hedging on what you did last year to prove me wrong.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:28
Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:22

you brought some convoluted stat to disprove all the drops, what was it then, and I did look it up, and that is how I remember them recorded
I definitely did not bring some convoluted stat to disprove all the drops. You could not have looked it up as it does not exist. You remember incorrectly.
whatever you argued plenty that the receivers last season didn't have the drops they did, according to a quick look some say if the pass hits the hands or the numbers and isn't caught its a recorded drop, other say coaches record every pass they consider catchable that isn't also a drop, one article said if a college players drops over 11% of targeted throws, he may not even be drafted, another says the quality receiver average is 9 drops a season, last year we had receivers drop half that in multiple games, yet you still blamed Rodgers.

and just like now your hedging on what you did last year to prove me wrong.
What quick look? Where are you looking?

I did argue plenty that on specific plays there are passes you called drops that were not. For example, I would generally not consider a pass that skims the fingers of 1 hand a drop. I also generally wouldn't consider what could have been a great 1 handed catch a drop.

Yet again you are simply trying to bring this back to some Rodgers debate. It isn't. I am simply saying you attributed something to me that isn't true.

If I said the following last year, there is a record of it, bring it:
according to data 23 brought and I looked up to verify I don't think a drop is recorded unless it hits both receivers hands
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 14 Nov 2023 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:42
Holy crap guys. Are you honestly going to the place that you are trying to say Love won't be as good as Rodgers? No sh*T!!!! The dude is a top 5 ever QB and Love is a below average starter in a poor QB era. How insecure and emotionally attached do you have to be to even think that?
hey, your the guy who said Love is doing just as well this year as Rodgers did last year, and these receivers are performing for Love far better then the group did last year, and other then free rushers the OL pass pro is also better, your the guy acting as though Love is Rodgers, thats why your being called out :thwap:

the emotion comes when you fabricate stats to suit your agenda as you did with that Washington game, or when you over look everything outside of Rodgers to say he was in decline, when in reality the supporting cast caused is the biggest reason for last seasons record.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 08:36
this is only a conversation in packers circles. rest of the world fully understand aaron rodgers is better than jordan love, and thats not really even a diss on Jordan Love.

Okay, but that's worse. You do get how that is worse, right? The difference being, Packers circles involve more people who watched his games regularly than the outside world.

So basically you are just arguing conventional-wisdom (groupthink always late to catch up with reality) and bias accusations.

With the way you or those in agreement are insisting this is such an obvious and clear difference, one would think you lot would have a shred of objective data to back it up than to keep relying on subjective stuff, yet have failed to bring any.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

When I watch the 2023 offense, for as bad as it has been, I don't see a significant step down from the 2022 offense. For all the complaining about how awful this team is...we are about the same as we were last year.
DISCLAIMER:
Aaron Rodgers had a broken thumb. Allen Lazard averaged 5 drops a game. The offensive Line couldn't block a high school pass rusher. Aaron Rodgers thumb was broken.
Tee Higgens!!!
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:02
Drj820 wrote:
this is only a conversation in packers circles. rest of the world fully understand aaron rodgers is better than jordan love, and thats not really even a diss on Jordan Love.

Okay, but that's worse. You do get how that is worse, right? The difference being, Packers circles involve more people who watched his games regularly than the outside world.

So basically you are just arguing conventional-wisdom (groupthink always late to catch up with reality) and bias accusations.

With the way you or those in agreement are insisting this is such an obvious and clear difference, one would think you lot would have a shred of objective data to back it up than to keep relying on subjective stuff, yet have failed to bring any.
no its just that a certain group of Packer fans have always inflated the help around Rodgers, and placed the blame for failures on Rodgers. The rest of NFL fans just see what it is...the offensive roster is bad to mid and rodgers is a top 10 all time QB.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:09
Labrev wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

no its just that a certain group of Packer fans have always inflated the help around Rodgers, and placed the blame for failures on Rodgers. The rest of NFL fans just see what it is...the offensive roster is bad to mid and rodgers is a top 10 all time QB.
How dare you.

He is top 5 for sure.
Yoop wrote:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
Labrev wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Why would you hate on Rodgers like that? Only Top 10? Holy cow dude.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

This is only a conversation with casual fans. Those who actually watched and understand know that Aaron Rodgers last year was not better than Jordan love has been so far this year, and thats totally more of a diss of Rodgers's play last year than any praise for Jordan Love. :mrgreen:
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:04
When I watch the 2023 offense, for as bad as it has been, I don't see a significant step down from the 2022 offense. For all the complaining about how awful this team is...we are about the same as we were last year.
DISCLAIMER:
Aaron Rodgers had a broken thumb. Allen Lazard averaged 5 drops a game. The offensive Line couldn't block a high school pass rusher. Aaron Rodgers thumb was broken.
Tee Higgens!!!
a person would have to be blind to think this team this season isn't better then what this team was last year, the only thing not as good is the run game, these receivers are better, and same with OL, obviously the team isn't where we want it to be, and they havn't made it easy on Love, but he is missing ten times the throws as Rodgers did, a blind hermit could see that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:17
This is only a conversation with casual fans. Those who actually watched and understand know that Aaron Rodgers last year was not better than Jordan love has been so far this year, and thats totally more of a diss of Rodgers's play last year than any praise for Jordan Love. :mrgreen:
and now we have the Chubby Checker twister show :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:20
these receivers are better,
No.
and same with OL,
$%@# no. Last year's OL had all-pro LT play. This year has two good players.
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

this is comedy, thank you guys
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
rodgers is a top 10 all time QB.
It's not about all-time Rodgers. It's about Rodgers last year, a year that did not contribute any support for his case as an all-time great.

And since it apparently needs to be said, I am not saying he is NOT an all-time great, just that nothing of his previous greatness showed up last year. What's so heretical about this?
Last edited by Labrev on 14 Nov 2023 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
DISCLAIMER:
Tee Higgens!!!
a person would have to be blind to think this team this season isn't better then what this team was last year, the only thing not as good is the run game, these receivers are better, and same with OL, obviously the team isn't where we want it to be, and they havn't made it easy on Love, but he is missing ten times the throws as Rodgers did, a blind hermit could see that.
Agreed. Our offensive Line is better this year. Complete oversight.

Rasheed Walker > David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins > Elgton Jenkins
Josh Myers > Josh Myers
John Runyan > John Runyan
Toms > Toms
Nijman > Nijman

My bad.
Yoop wrote:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:13
Drj820 wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Why would you hate on Rodgers like that? Only Top 10? Holy cow dude.
Not even close. Based on the statistics that matter, the PRIMARY statistics that matter since the 1967, Super Bowl wins and Super Bowl appearances, Rodgers is about #20. 8-) I did not look before 1967 but there are several including Otto Graham who won 7 NFL Championships.

We are Packers Fans, but Rodgers is no longer a Packer and we ought to see him as what he was, far from the GOAT, in fact roughly between 20th best and 30th best NFL QB of all time.

:hide:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:32
video
All I saw were dropped passes, no blocking and a BROKEN THUMB.

Especially that Bakhtiari interception. Catch the ball David!!!!
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:29
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Agreed. Our offensive Line is better this year. Complete oversight.

Rasheed Walker > David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins > Elgton Jenkins
Josh Myers > Josh Myers
John Runyan > John Runyan
Toms > Toms
Nijman > Nijman

My bad.
here you go again with data, which tells us almost nothing, players don't play the same year in or year out, you know this, still this is what you bring to refute people constantly, it's why I've said, unless it's written, according to you we can't argue simple observation :dunno: