Week 10 Post Game: Steelers vs Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 13:05
It's plays like that one...

I remember Curt Warner talking about how to decide you might have a special QB. He talked about how they make plays that just shout, "Wow" at you. And this is one of them. Love is about to get crushed. And he still is looking downfield, balancing in tight quarters, and delivering a bullet far downfield for a completion. "Big play" is an understatement.

We need Love.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Nov 2023 15:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
It's plays like that one...

I remember Curt Warner talking about how to decide you might have a special QB. He talked about how they make plays that just shout, "Wow" at you. And this is one of them. Love is about to get crushed. And he still is looking downfield, balancing in tight quarters, and delivering a bullet far downfield for a completion. "Big play" is an understatement.

We need Love.
I think I have actually said that in a few posts this season. Yes! Nice play. A "WOW" play. Need to have that more often an also just making routine plays not crap. Tough grading curve I know, but Aarons first year starting I was yelling $%@# "WOW" alot.

I am more annoyed with entire coaching staff right now than anything and as far as I am concerned, rightfully so.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I thought it was a nice play, it was certainly a big play at that moment, but I don't think it was particularly great. He did some good things avoiding the rush and such, but he just launched it to a wide open space on the field and the WR ran to it. College QB's do that every saturday.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

musclestang wrote:
14 Nov 2023 16:51
I thought it was a nice play, it was certainly a big play at that moment, but I don't think it was particularly great. He did some good things avoiding the rush and such, but he just launched it to a wide open space on the field and the WR ran to it. College QB's do that every saturday.
I have been as critical of Love as anyone, but just my opinion, your diminishing how good of a play that was. Not to mention, the biggest thing in your statement was college. He did it against the steelers defense not a college defense. You almost make it sound like he threw it up for grabs to a wide open guy. I didnt see it that way. I'm giving him a :clap:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
I’m sure [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] [mention]Drj820[/mention] [mention]Yoop[/mention] and [mention]bud fox[/mention] can find something to complain about anyway…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
14 Nov 2023 19:25
Pckfn23 wrote:
I’m sure @lupedafiasco @Drj820 @Yoop and @bud fox can find something to complain about anyway…
I know you like to pretend I say things that I do not, but I’ve consistently said Love is not the problem and I haven’t made any long term permanent judgements on him toward the negative.

Check the records.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
I’m sure @lupedafiasco @Drj820 @Yoop and @bud fox can find something to complain about anyway…
This was one of the good plays like the 2 tds. However he was 21/40 and 2 ints and this was his best game of the season.

Unlike Dr I have said and continue to say he isn't the answer at qb and won't be a starter in the nfl.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
14 Nov 2023 20:12
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
This was one of the good plays like the 2 tds. However he was 21/40 and 2 ints and this was his best game of the season.

Unlike Dr I have said and continue to say he isn't the answer at qb and won't be a starter in the nfl.
Mod apb just likes to stir the pot.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 20:15
bud fox wrote:
APB wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Spare me, kettle.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

MY_TAKE wrote:
14 Nov 2023 17:00
musclestang wrote:
14 Nov 2023 16:51
I have been as critical of Love as anyone, but just my opinion, your diminishing how good of a play that was. Not to mention, the biggest thing in your statement was college. He did it against the steelers defense not a college defense. You almost make it sound like he threw it up for grabs to a wide open guy. I didnt see it that way. I'm giving him a :clap:
We’ll, he didn’t have to thread a needle. Nobody grabbed him, or hit him He had to slide away from Watt and the other DE ran right past. He had a guy squeezing pocket, but also had a blocker pretty square between him and the defender, and nobody was in that section of the field. Nobody.

So while this was against the Steelers and not a college team, throwing to wide open fields is something that does happen in college fields all the time.

Big play for us nice play, but didn’t wow me, I’m sorry. I don’t think they’re particularly difficult to make.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
14 Nov 2023 20:37
Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 20:15
bud fox wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Spare me, kettle.
I’m just a forum peasant, who happens to not have written off J Love, even if accused of doing so.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Forum elite gonna elite.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I believe its referencing the first INT and what Watson did not do.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Tackle grade 33.5 by PFF.

Now to be clear I don’t think Barry is at all a good DC. You gotta call it how it is. These guys didn’t show effort on the field on Sunday. That’s bad talent and effort.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 23:48

MLF also said it was a poor throw and should have been earlier.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Nov 2023 23:41
Forum elite gonna elite.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Nov 2023 00:12
Tackle grade 33.5 by PFF.

Now to be clear I don’t think Barry is at all a good DC. You gotta call it how it is. These guys didn’t show effort on the field on Sunday. That’s bad talent and effort.
16 missed tackles, that a 1 and a 6, most by any team this season, possibly most the last decade. :thwap:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

bud fox wrote:
15 Nov 2023 04:21
Pckfn23 wrote:

Really? I didn't hear that part.

I heard MLF speak to there being potentially better options on where to go with the ball, hinting that Love's decision to go to Watson was questionable, but where did he say "poor throw" or "should have been earlier"? After all, it was a slow developing, called double-move route concept.

I'd personally argue it was a poor decision to go to Watson but the actual throw was high quality. He put the ball right on Watson. Peterson managed to get a hand in to knock it up into the air where it was eventually intercepted, but the throw was where it needed to be for Watson to make a play on it. He didn't.

Here is MLF's full presser. His comments regarding that play start at the ~5 min mark. Help us all out by pointing out MLFs critical comments of Love that you stated above.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

APB wrote:
15 Nov 2023 07:31
bud fox wrote:
15 Nov 2023 04:21
Pckfn23 wrote:

Really? I didn't hear that part.

I heard MLF speak to there being potentially better options on where to go with the ball, hinting that Love's decision to go to Watson was questionable, but where did he say "poor throw" or "should have been earlier"? After all, it was a slow developing, called double-move route concept.

I'd personally argue it was a poor decision to go to Watson but the actual throw was high quality. He put the ball right on Watson. Peterson managed to get a hand in to knock it up into the air where it was eventually intercepted, but the throw was where it needed to be for Watson to make a play on it. He didn't.

Here is MLF's full presser. His comments regarding that play start at the ~5 min mark. Help us all out by pointing out MLFs critical comments of Love that you stated above.
He starts by saying if it was a perfect ball it was there. Meaning it was a bad pass.

He also said it probably should of went elsewhere given it was 2 shell.

So there you have it.