Week 10 Post Game: Steelers vs Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
15 Nov 2023 13:20
APB wrote:
15 Nov 2023 07:31
bud fox wrote:
15 Nov 2023 04:21

MLF also said it was a poor throw and should have been earlier.
Really? I didn't hear that part.

I heard MLF speak to there being potentially better options on where to go with the ball, hinting that Love's decision to go to Watson was questionable, but where did he say "poor throw" or "should have been earlier"? After all, it was a slow developing, called double-move route concept.

I'd personally argue it was a poor decision to go to Watson but the actual throw was high quality. He put the ball right on Watson. Peterson managed to get a hand in to knock it up into the air where it was eventually intercepted, but the throw was where it needed to be for Watson to make a play on it. He didn't.

Here is MLF's full presser. His comments regarding that play start at the ~5 min mark. Help us all out by pointing out MLFs critical comments of Love that you stated above.
He starts by saying if it was a perfect ball it was there. Meaning it was a bad pass.

He also said it probably should of went elsewhere given it was 2 shell.

So there you have it.
Love still looks wound up, un settled, that leads to poor decision making, poor mechanics, about everything ya see love do poorly is a extension of what went wrong from from the start, receivers not running routes, dropped passes, free rushers, specially multiples, specially every game, that gets in a young QB's head, the consequence is obvious, Love always feels the pass rush, even when it's not a threat, however I'am seeing improvement, he did a great job on the heave to Reed ( kids got a future), navigated forward as the edge rushers closed in and got it off in the nic of time, man I wish this kid had a all pro line, little more chemistry with these puppy receivers, wouldn't we all. :mrgreen:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

bud fox wrote:
15 Nov 2023 13:20
APB wrote:
15 Nov 2023 07:31
bud fox wrote:
15 Nov 2023 04:21

MLF also said it was a poor throw and should have been earlier.
Really? I didn't hear that part.

I heard MLF speak to there being potentially better options on where to go with the ball, hinting that Love's decision to go to Watson was questionable, but where did he say "poor throw" or "should have been earlier"? After all, it was a slow developing, called double-move route concept.

I'd personally argue it was a poor decision to go to Watson but the actual throw was high quality. He put the ball right on Watson. Peterson managed to get a hand in to knock it up into the air where it was eventually intercepted, but the throw was where it needed to be for Watson to make a play on it. He didn't.

Here is MLF's full presser. His comments regarding that play start at the ~5 min mark. Help us all out by pointing out MLFs critical comments of Love that you stated above.
He starts by saying if it was a perfect ball it was there. Meaning it was a bad pass.

He also said it probably should of went elsewhere given it was 2 shell.

So there you have it.
:lol: :roll:

That’s not even close to “poor throw and should have been earlier”.

Just another exaggeration.

So there you have it, indeed.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I just gotta say..how is anyone fine with Joe Barry, 0-16 with the Lions, leading our defense? Just...why?

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Trudge wrote:
15 Nov 2023 18:33
I just gotta say..how is anyone fine with Joe Barry, 0-16 with the Lions, leading our defense? Just...why?

2nd and 7 is not a run def play.

Clark or Campbell should've had that gap.

As MLF says players have to win their assignments.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
15 Nov 2023 18:42
Trudge wrote:
15 Nov 2023 18:33

2nd and 7 is not a run def play.

Clark or Campbell should've had that gap.

As MLF says players have to win their assignments.
of course 2nd and 7 can be a run down, we run on 2nd and 7 lots, the point that Herman is making is that both Clark and Campbell are defending two gaps, so when doing so it's probable that one or the other will be walled off from getting to the run gap, which is fair to say happened, your rolling the dice on a 50/50 chance for success stopping the run, which it's fair to say we lost on those gambles to the tune of 205 yrds, sure we can blame poor tackling, but imo we didn't set our tacklers up to do better either.

I don't know how anyone can defend these alignments that actually make it harder for us to do better, our defense looks to be throwing these games, it looks to be on purpose, 16 missed tackles, thats a 1/3rd of opposing offensive plays, my god!!!!!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

They ran on 4th and 6 against us... and converted.

Every down is a run play when you refuse to play the run.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
16 Nov 2023 09:23
They ran on 4th and 6 against us... and converted.

Every down is a run play when you refuse to play the run.
The Joe Barry Motto, it's better to not tackle or defend the run, then it is to try, but fail, :bigcry: