Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Nov 2023 09:54
Yoop wrote:
17 Nov 2023 09:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Nov 2023 09:36

Sure, he is late on some, but many throws he is playing with good anticipation. I would say that is far from a big issue, especially considering the youth at receiving and timing. It's a narrative that persists, but isn't something that is a big issue. Are there late throws? Absolutely. Is it a consistent problem for him? No.
wha????? go rewatch, Love is late on the first windows of route progression more then just once or twice a game, even Sullivan said that, and often it's because he has to avoid pressure.

you and others here are so invested in convincing others that Love is good or improving ( which I believe he is) that you gloss over his short comings that still exist, and unless Love improves, he wont make it, and we'll be shopping for a new QB possibly in this next draft.
I see you are in argue just to argue mode today. Nothing you said is an accurate response to my post.
Your in argue mode. Their I said it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
17 Nov 2023 10:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

wha????? go rewatch, Love is late on the first windows of route progression more then just once or twice a game, even Sullivan said that, and often it's because he has to avoid pressure.

you and others here are so invested in convincing others that Love is good or improving ( which I believe he is) that you gloss over his short comings that still exist, and unless Love improves, he wont make it, and we'll be shopping for a new QB possibly in this next draft.
I see you are in argue just to argue mode today. Nothing you said is an accurate response to my post.
Your in argue mode. Their I said it.
:rotfl:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Nov 2023 09:36

Sure, he is late on some, but many throws he is playing with good anticipation. I would say that is far from a big issue, especially considering the youth at receiving and timing. It's a narrative that persists, but isn't something that is a big issue. Are there late throws? Absolutely. Is it a consistent problem for him? No.

it's accurate alright, you just hate how accurate it is.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
17 Nov 2023 11:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

He said there are some late throws, but also a lot of good, anticipatory throws. You two essentially agree, so why the dismissive tone with the "what???" and telling him to go re-watch?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Nov 2023 12:30
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

He said there are some late throws, but also a lot of good, anticipatory throws. You two essentially agree, so why the dismissive tone with the "what???" and telling him to go re-watch?
well I was in argue mode at that moment :hail: , I think I objected to the word "some" late throws, imo it's more then just some.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Yoop wrote:
17 Nov 2023 16:48
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Yoop wrote:

well I was in argue mode at that moment :hail: , I think I objected to the word "some" late throws, imo it's more then just some.
I want to be a part of the semantics too! I hate feeling left out. Love is kind of good sometimes. But, sometimes he is bad too :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Nov 2023 16:48
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Yoop wrote:

You now NEVER get to claim nitpicking. EVER. :rotf:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
17 Nov 2023 06:28
Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Nov 2023 19:42
wallyuwl wrote:
14 Nov 2023 18:35

Love us a bottom 5 preferred started (in, not starting due to injury). He is the type of player you look to replace. Can he get better, say to be an average starter? Maybe, but he isn't there now.
You aren't even seeing what you see right in front of you. Love has tools that exceed that of the average QB. It isn't a given that he will be elite. But he has a LOT of upside. The ability is there. The only question is whether he will continually progress or not. It isn't a given. But he has VERY good tools. Any attempt at finding a new starting QB would result in long-term decrease. We need to give Love his chance. He's earned it.
Scott most QB that get drafted have the physical tools to play in the NFL, it's the mental part that is in question, it's why no one really knows how well they'll do till they prove it during games, it's unfortunate that the circumstances have not been as good as they could have been for Love, a little more experienced receivers, better run game, more consistent blocking, but he's starting to improve, baby steps :|
Most?

Um, no, Yoop. Just no.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This is just so weird and makes absolutely no sense.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Everything can eventually make sense. In this case, maybe the fact that the second group was accustomed to catching from AR, whereas the rookies have only been throw at by Love? Or, with a relatively small number of people involved, the rooks are just better than the others?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
18 Nov 2023 10:59

jmo
newbie= small plate, the idea that a newbie for the Packers can't play unless they know the whole play book got thrown out the window last year, everyone was new, outside of Lazard, cobb and Watkins, Watkins was getting last rites, Cobb couldn't get the bandaids off, and Lazard, well he's just Lazard, a 2 B receiver at best, the newbies had to be rushed into action. I bet it's the same with this years rookies, there given a bunch of routes to learn, but hardly the whole play book, where now this season, Watson, Doubs, Touri, are expected to know more, imo it's always been this way.

even other positions, the nfl schemes are just to complicated, Barry last few weeks has to play more man o coverage, the Tines B & V best chance for success is in man coverage, zone schemes are more complicated and partner dependent, and just harder for youngsters to grasp, man is just more instinct related, so it's easier.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Absolutely insane statistical splits between the rookies and the 2nd-years

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Everyone but tourie contributing today. Wicks reed and musgrave showing they can play takes pressure and attention off 9 and 87.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

APB wrote:
18 Nov 2023 10:59

Redzone last night said "If a Packer has the ball and it isn't AJ Dillon, you can assume it's a rookie".

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Madcity_matt wrote:
19 Nov 2023 20:28
Everyone but tourie contributing today. Wicks reed and musgrave showing they can play takes pressure and attention off 9 and 87.
Feel bad for Toure, he was a healthy scratch again.

Unfortunate for him, although the guys who are active are simply better players. You can only suit so many WR on gameday. Doubs, Watson, Reed, Wicks, and Heath are simply better players at this point. And that comes from a guy who argued vehemently on Toure's behalf in the rank-the-roster exercise this past off-season. I thought he'd be a step ahead of these youngsters on Sunday's. I was mistaken.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I hope this is real.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Nov 2023 10:11
Is it a curse when most are unaware of it? :P
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto