Chargers @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 19th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

MY_TAKE wrote:
17 Nov 2023 08:08
With the Pack at home this should be a close game. The Packers probably make too many mistakes and lose at the end. Hopefully Love and the recievers have some success against a chargers secondary that hasn't been that good. It will be interesting to see how the D holds up against Herbert.

27-23 Chargers. I hope its the other way around.
I don't think Packers put up 23. But I am along those same lines as you. The defense gets a couple red zone stops. 27-20 Chargers win.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

defense shows up, Packer win, it doesn't, and it will be up to the play of Love and our puppy receiving core to pull this off, Maybe Jones will show some 2021 form, who knows, actually I think this is his week to not play, we win in a squeaker, 23-21.

GO G&G GO

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I expect the Chargers to win, but I'd be only mildly surprised to see the Packers pull out the victory.

The Packers, on offense in particular, have been playing better ball of late. Combine that with a Packers defensive effort that is competent and a Chargers team that is, too, still figuring out how to win and you have a recipe for a home field upset.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Murphy sucks, Gutey sucks, MLF sucks, Barry sucks, Bissacia sucks, players suck, fans suck.

Packers in a laugher.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
17 Nov 2023 12:24
Murphy sucks, Gutey sucks, MLF sucks, Barry sucks, Bissacia sucks, players suck, fans suck.

Packers in a laugher.
You forgot the Board. :rotf:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Nov 2023 14:00
These injuries are crazy. The two defensive players that could be considered blue chip players might be out. (Jaire and Gary) Jaire's back has been jacked up all year basically and when he has played he hasn't always been his stellar self because of it IMO. Gary obviously is a top of the line pass rusher on any team. It's really frustrating having Quay Walker missing games to injury because I felt like he was really flashing some nice plays early in the year. Obviously Aaron Jones hasn't been right since Game 1. Maybe I am bitching and feeling sorry too much for the Pack. Im sure the Bengals are not feeling good right now.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
17 Nov 2023 16:57
These injuries are crazy. The two defensive players that could be considered blue chip players might be out. (Jaire and Gary) Jaire's back has been jacked up all year basically and when he has played he hasn't always been his stellar self because of it IMO. Gary obviously is a top of the line pass rusher on any team. It's really frustrating having Quay Walker missing games to injury because I felt like he was really flashing some nice plays early in the year. Obviously Aaron Jones hasn't been right since Game 1. Maybe I am bitching and feeling sorry too much for the Pack. Im sure the Bengals are not feeling good right now.
Our top 10 of rank the roster sure reads like a sorry list of injuries, nagging ailments and disappointments. Glaringly not one guy who has markedly exceeded expectations. :x

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Aaron Jones (26%)[+6]
3. David Bakhtiari (34%)[+1]
4. Kenny Clark (50%)[-2]
5. Rashan Gary (57%)[+1]
6. Elgton Jenkins (54%)[-1]
7. DeVondre Campbell (29%)[--]
8. Christian Watson (32%)[+14]
9. Jordan Love (32%)[+21]
10. Preston Smith (32%)[+2]

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

salmar80 wrote:
17 Nov 2023 17:09
MY_TAKE wrote:
17 Nov 2023 16:57
Our top 10 of rank the roster sure reads like a sorry list of injuries, nagging ailments and disappointments. Glaringly not one guy who has markedly exceeded expectations. :x

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Aaron Jones (26%)[+6]
3. David Bakhtiari (34%)[+1]
4. Kenny Clark (50%)[-2]
5. Rashan Gary (57%)[+1]
6. Elgton Jenkins (54%)[-1]
7. DeVondre Campbell (29%)[--]
8. Christian Watson (32%)[+14]
9. Jordan Love (32%)[+21]
10. Preston Smith (32%)[+2]
Preston Smith is the only one to have taken over a half.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

This is another situation similar to DEN and LV in that having a competent QB would make the difference in winning. Chargers pass defense is their weak link. They are middle of the pack in pretty much every other category. Unless there is someone I'm forgetting, I think Herbert is the best QB that the Packers have faced so far this season, and that is by a significant margin. I predict that Herbert's performance will remind us that Rasul Douglas isn't on the team anymore.

My philosophy is that you always play to win, no matter what. But I won't be disappointed when we lose. I will be watching Love. I want to see improvement. I'm not expecting a win, but if it comes down to a final drive, can he lead the team to a W at home under pressure? It's ok to have those expectations of him. At this level, you need a QB who is capable of that.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Nov 2023 12:29
paco wrote:
17 Nov 2023 12:24

Packers in a laugher.
You forgot the Board. :rotf:
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

O is looking better, D can stop the run if Barry calls it. Get rid of the penalties and we've got a shot at this.

Time to actually put together a full game.

Go Pack Go!

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

By the dawn’s early light. It’s a great day for Packers football!
IMG_8863.jpeg
IMG_8863.jpeg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 435 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Bogey wrote:
19 Nov 2023 06:29
By the dawn’s early light. It’s a great day for Packers football! IMG_8863.jpeg
OHHHH YA

never get enough of looking at Lambeau, thanks Bogey :aok:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2023 06:49
Bogey wrote:
OHHHH YA

You betcha Yoop!
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Sorry I won't be there today bogey! But I'm working Dec 3rd and Thanksgiving in Detroit

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Bogey wrote:
19 Nov 2023 06:50
Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2023 06:49
Bogey wrote:
OHHHH YA

You betcha Yoop!
always look forward to your game day pics Bogey, always meant to ask why you get to the stadium sooo early, I suppose you must have a bunch of prep stuff to do, anyway, have a great day, maybe you can get a peek of the game, maybe last minute drive to win :aok:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Bogey wrote:
My goodness, those replay boards are HUGE! :shock:

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Are you ready for some football!!!

GO PACK GO!!!
IMG_5662.jpeg
IMG_5662.jpeg (586.7 KiB) Viewed 396 times
GO PACK GO!!!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
19 Nov 2023 10:33
Are you ready for some football!!!

GO PACK GO!!!
IMG_5662.jpeg
While I love the pic and the enthusiasm, there's a part of me that can't help but think you're missing out on some awesome tailgating right now... :beer2: