Week 11 Postgame: Packers 23 Chargers 20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Week 11 Postgame: Packers 23 Chargers 20

Post by APB »

Good showing by the offense! Consistent movement on their drives, clutch plays, no turnovers! The youngin’s, and that includes Jordan Love, are starting to put things together! :aok:

Defense played much better than expected for all the injuries. Clutch stops albeit helped out by Chargers mistakes.mill take it, though!

Discuss.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 19 Nov 2023 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Today we got to see Jordan Love and the offense drive down the field for a gotta-have-it touchdown late in the game; and then got to see not one, but TWO defensive stops rather than blow the late lead.

Now, the Chargers are notorious for losing in heartbreaking ways, but it's still nice to pull out another close game. We'd really struggled with that. Good progress.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I didn't see the Chargers Tweet, but Packers media trolling. :rotf:

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

With the caveat that the Chargers are perhaps the worst pass defense in the NFL, I think there is a lot to be excited about on offense.

Reed is the best slot weapon I can recall in Green Bay. Wicks is a contributor in multiple ways. Musgrave makes plays and Kraft showed more athleticism than any TE not named Musgrave since Finley today.

Most importantly, Love keeps making progress.

(Still can't run the ball).

On defense, it will never be anything until Barry is gone and today was more about the Chargers drops, slips, and fumble than good defensive play.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

LombardiTime wrote:
19 Nov 2023 16:13
With the caveat that the Chargers are perhaps the worst pass defense in the NFL, I think there is a lot to be excited about on offense.

Reed is the best slot weapon I can recall in Green Bay. Wicks is a contributor in multiple ways. Musgrave makes plays and Kraft showed more athleticism than any TE not named Musgrave since Finley today.

On defense, it will never be anything until Barry is gone and today was more about the Chargers drops, slips, and fumble than good defensive play.
The defense played well against a potent offense. They were helped by a couple of drops a couple of stupid Packer miscues, but they showed some good aggressive play and came up big in the clutch. Herbert is an amazing QB and he is going to get his.

Love had two bad throws for potential TDs and a bad drop by a rookie. He made great decisions, a shows so much poise and leadership skills.

Reed seemed to be playing faster. He is the most exciting rookie we have had in a long time.

The big negative for the day is the OLine. I thought when Bosa went out we would be able to control the LOS. We did not. OL were getting pushed back most plays. That makes Jordon Love's day all the more impressive.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

One more thing. Packers got away with a hit on a defensless player. They scored a TD on the next play so the missed call was not a factor. Feels foreign to be on the positive side of a bad call, or so I think with my green and gold glasses.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

If your a packer fan your happy Love and the offense showed some consistency. J. Reed appears to be Guteys best pick last draft. He is showing he is a playmaker. After I ripped AJ Dillon early in the year he has played better in general the last several weeks. I still don't think Watson is good, but at least he had a chance to feel better today. Wtf was Valentine doing the last chargers drive? Trying to blow the game I guess.

If your a Chargers fan you are probably sick to your stomach. The drops were not ordinary drops. The were drive/team/game killers. Rasul Douglas just picked off Wilson by the way. LOL

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

AmishMafia wrote:
19 Nov 2023 16:27
LombardiTime wrote:
19 Nov 2023 16:13

The defense played well against a potent offense. They were helped by a couple of drops a couple of stupid Packer miscues, but they showed some good aggressive play and came up big in the clutch. Herbert is an amazing QB and he is going to get his.

Love had two bad throws for potential TDs and a bad drop by a rookie. He made great decisions, a shows so much poise and leadership skills.

Reed seemed to be playing faster. He is the most exciting rookie we have had in a long time.

The big negative for the day is the OLine. I thought when Bosa went out we would be able to control the LOS. We did not. OL were getting pushed back most plays. That makes Jordon Love's day all the more impressive.
I thought the oline was good considering how often Charges blitzed. I would be surprised if time to pass was not longer than the average and definitely felt like Love had more time than Herbet. Our Dline did a great job as it was mostly just the four rushing.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

AmishMafia wrote:
19 Nov 2023 16:31
One more thing. Packers got away with a hit on a defensless player. They scored a TD on the next play so the missed call was not a factor. Feels foreign to be on the positive side of a bad call, or so I think with my green and gold glasses.
The other one was the pass interference call which was never going to be caught.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
19 Nov 2023 16:40
AmishMafia wrote:
The other one was the pass interference call which was never going to be caught.
Had the receiver been able to break to the middle of the field as he was trying to, it would have been. That was not a bad call.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 16:41
bud fox wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:
Had the receiver been able to break to the middle of the field as he was trying to, it would have been. That was not a bad call.
Pass was low he wasnt catching it, wasnt that much contact and late in the game. It was a call in our favor.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
19 Nov 2023 16:50
Pckfn23 wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Pass was low he wasnt catching it, wasnt that much contact and late in the game. It was a call in our favor.
Nope, was legitimate and stopped the receiver from breaking in.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 17:10
bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Nope, it didnt. How long do we want it to last this time?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
19 Nov 2023 17:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 17:10
bud fox wrote:

Nope, it didnt. How long do we want it to last this time?
I'll keep going. It absolutely did or it wouldn't have been called.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

First, Mark Sanchez is the worst announcer since… um… OK. He’s the worst ever.

Love showing what he can do when he is on schedule. Wonderful job.

Reed stepped up in more ways than one. Musgrave caught another pass without stumbling. Dillon is doing what he’s good at.
Good tries on the schemes by MLF again. He is mixing it up nicely.
Our D has good moments. But they still need to learn how to create turnovers. They’ll need to on Thursday.

I do think this team is learning how to win. They won’t win on Thursday. But I do think they’ll have a surprise win before the season is over.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Nov 2023 15:52
Today we got to see Jordan Love and the offense drive down the field for a gotta-have-it touchdown late in the game; and then got to see not one, but TWO defensive stops rather than blow the late lead.

Now, the Chargers are notorious for losing in heartbreaking ways, but it's still nice to pull out another close game. We'd really struggled with that. Good progress.
Yes, considering we didn't have much of a running game once Jones left.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
19 Nov 2023 17:59
They won’t win on Thursday. But I do think they’ll have a surprise win before the season is over.
Well they have the Lions and Chiefs and then 5 pretty bad teams that would surprise nobody if we win.

How about we surprise win the next two games. :)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
19 Nov 2023 16:33
Rasul Douglas just picked off Wilson by the way. LOL
Make that a double.

And a fumble recovery.