Week 11 Postgame: Packers 23 Chargers 20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

3 sacks and 7 QB hits for the Chargers defense.
2 sacks and 5 QB hits for the Packers defense.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 19:38
3 sacks and 7 QB hits for the Chargers defense.
2 sacks and 5 QB hits for the Packers defense.
Speaking of pass rush

Gotta mention Brooks

An interior DL rookie with 3 sacks 2/3 through the season is a pretty fun piece of the puzzle.

I genuinely think our defense is SO talented (aside from S) and even though the results have been acceptably above average, Joe Barry is not getting the most out of the group. I've seen enough--I'm in the "replace Barry" crowd.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

We really only had one blemish on offense with a 3 play or so span where it was just a bed &%$@ &%$@ and put us out of FG range.

Other than that, 2 or so
Missed big plays, a couple drops but all in all I see growth. Love was better. Ripping more throws and not Joe cool floating them as often. Reed is really stepping up. Wicks is stepping up. Doubs showed the kids how to go get the ball and take it.

Ol was ok. Defense was our defense. I think we have some really good players but the u it under performs as a whole. Yes today we won. But it was kind of the same as it always is. We have really good plays but kind of crap it on others. Today it turns out the plays our defense really gave crapped out, the chargers did too dropping huge huge passes where we did nothing hit watch them drop it and somehow “survived the down” lol.

Chargers have a potent offense so they obviously did some pretty good things out there today. But man, it’s like the chargers took away 2 TDs from themselves today plus a lot of drive killers on unforced drops.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

So much to unpack today. Unfortunately watched the game sober but rewatching it now with a bottle of wine onboard. En vino veritas.

Young skill guys have game. Excited to watch them develop. Some dumb mistakes but lots of potential. Doubs changing the route on his TD what it’s all about however…

Love stone cold dealing. A bunch of mistakes (or opportunities) but when he was on he was money. Picking up doubs picking up the coverage was maybe my favorite play of the season so far.

Front seven looked terrific. Defense as a whole I kept thinking they were killing us but stats and scoreboard the won the game.

DBs there’s promise but it’s glaringly obvious that we’re starting rookies, ST guys, and inexperienced vets. Assume we’ll upgrade this off-season but some nice flashes from young kids to go with plenty of mistakes.

Overall damn what a gritty win. Draft picks irrelevant at this point for me. Keep getting better at how to win. I love the potential on this roster, we have the money next season to upgrade some positions but feeling like we aren’t THAT far off.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Love is getting better
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 21:11
Love is getting better
Yep.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If the Packers can steal one of these next two...esepcially if we upset on Turkey Day, I think the season may not be over for us yet afterall.

Funny how fast the season can possibly turn around. This Thursday in my mind is the biggest game of the year for the Packers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NFC Standings:

1. Philadelphia
2. Detroit
3. San Francisco
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas
6. Seattle (6-4)
7. Minnesota (6-5)
8. Four Way Tie: GB, LAR, ATL, TB (4-6)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I feel ya, Bart Winkler…

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

APB wrote:
19 Nov 2023 22:41
I feel ya, Bart Winkler…

I don't know about the wider audience but for this forum I don't think anyone's opinion changed after this game.

Those who think Love is the future still do.

Those who didn't still don't.

Those who do watched today's game and said 2 tds and some good throws.

Those who don't said chargers lost the game for Herbet, good play calls on the tds, still missing on medium to deep - swings, screens and outs aren't the future.

The biggest take away for me today was the receiver play for the packers.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Reed looks like he’s going to be a star..A great aggressive catch by Doubs. A nice pass to Watson for a TD. A glimpse of the future,,,these young players are starting to grow up,

LaFleur should have passed the ball on 3rd & 6 to put the game away 1:20 is plenty of time toget in FG range. The defense bailed him out.
Love is the answer…

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Also our run def was good today - did we play no nickle?

Every other week we the forum is blaming Barry for playing nickle. I assume we didn't nickle on any run downs?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

6.3 yards a carry is good? Ekeler getting 6.4 a pop is good?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
Love is getting better
He is. Still a long way to go. Underthrew Doubs early. Doubs' TD was also slightly underthrown. Didn't plant his feet and threw long in the 4th on the sideline route to Musgrave (no pressure on him after he got out of the pocket). The throw to Watson on the TD was very nice.

Watson proved what he is - a guy that can run fast. His TD today was similar to his long crosser that resulted in a long YAC TD last year vs Philly. Tell him to run fast vertically or horizontally against zone where he doesn't have to use his hands or feet to get open and he can do OK as long as he catches the ball. If he needs to use technique to create separation he is toast, because he has no technique.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
19 Nov 2023 22:40
NFC Standings:

1. Philadelphia
2. Detroit
3. San Francisco
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas
6. Seattle (6-4)
7. Minnesota (6-5)
8. Four Way Tie: GB, LAR, ATL, TB (4-6)
GB probably the most talented of the #8 group. But have injuries and inexperience and a worse-than-expected OL. I think one of Seattle or MN doesn't make the dance.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 23:36
6.3 yards a carry is good? Ekeler getting 6.4 a pop is good?
Yeah, our run defense was trash as usual, LA just didn't use the blueprint to beat us because their coaching is pass-happy/incompetent.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
20 Nov 2023 00:01
Drj820 wrote:
Love is getting better
He is. Still a long way to go. Underthrew Doubs early. Doubs' TD was also slightly underthrown. Didn't plant his feet and threw long in the 4th on the sideline route to Musgrave (no pressure on him after he got out of the pocket). The throw to Watson on the TD was very nice.

Watson proved what he is - a guy that can run fast. His TD today was similar to his long crosser that resulted in a long YAC TD last year vs Philly. Tell him to run fast vertically or horizontally against zone where he doesn't have to use his hands or feet to get open and he can do OK as long as he catches the ball. If he needs to use technique to create separation he is toast, because he has no technique.
I don't dispute the observations you and others are making when it comes to Love and some of the throws he misses on. The thing I do take exception to is you and others tend to overly nit-pick every throw, even the successful ones.

"Doubs TD was also slightly underthrown." By what, ten inches? On a 30 yd TD pass? Seriously?

I can pull up an entire library of throws Rodgers made to Adams, Jordy, Driver, Cobb, and Jennings that were successful because they made an adjustment on a slightly errant Rodgers pass, attacked the ball, and came down with the completion. It happened all the time. We praised Rodgers for putting it where his receivers could make a play on the ball. Love? He's criticized on a weekly basis because, essentially, he doesn't have the same caliber of WRs coming down with similar throws. I mean, it seems you and others expect perfection from Love on an every down, play-to-play basis.

That's never gonna happen. Ever.

News flash: it didn't happen with Rodgers, Favre, Majkowski, Dickey, or Starr either. They, too, missed on throws on a weekly basis. Sure, guys like Rodgers were better but we're talking about a HOFer and historically good player. To expect perfection, or even measure Love against a Rodgers bar, is absurd.