2020 Training Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (78.42 KiB) Viewed 495 times
image.png
image.png (97.18 KiB) Viewed 495 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

On mystery starter

Few guys I thought of quickly were maybe Begelton or Ervin.

Martin seems obvious for D, maybe with Raven Green out it was Scott.

Would also be cool if it was Keke just straight earning it over Lancaster and with Adams out.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (78.46 KiB) Viewed 492 times
image.png
image.png (109 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (102.2 KiB) Viewed 489 times
image.png
image.png (116.35 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (47.24 KiB) Viewed 488 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MVS had a hell of a week of camp folks. :dude: :beer2:
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
29 Aug 2020 11:54
On mystery starter
That tweet came from Matt Schneidman and here's a snippet from an article Schneidman wrote at The Athletic on Weds this week

Kamal Martin, ILB

"We’re not allowed to say what unit he’s working with, but let’s just say don’t be surprised if Martin is the lone rookie starting for the Packers in Week 1 "

Raven Greene has been out and Oren Burks has been OK - Martin getting the start at ILB would be a surprise both from the player side and from the player-type side. Burks and Greene are both light- in- the- pants coverage LBs, while Martin is more stout

“The first thing that jumps out is he’s a long, athletic guy,” LaFleur said. “He’s very intelligent, he works hard at it. It’s going to come down to getting those reps and feeling comfortable in there and knowing what to do so he can go showcase that athleticism on Sundays.”

Martin is even getting press in his home state of minny, the article below posing the possibility that he may start in the opener.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/08/26/b ... s-vikings/

During an 11-on-11 team portion of practice Tuesday, Martin had perfect timing to tackle running back Jamaal Williams for lost yards and then shed a block to snuff out a screen pass, ESPN said. The Athletic’s Packers beat writer tweeted “Kamal Martin stock” with a GIF of a space shuttle’s explosive straight-up launch.

(Those comments above lend credence to why MLF and Gute don't want the reporters reporting on depth charts at this stage)

IT. IS. TIME

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Offense a little sloppy today but still looks like the chuck plays are coming. Jones slipping through cracks and forcing dbs to make business decisions on Dillon is the running game built for the playoffs

Man is Gary can carry this over into the season the packers struck gold. I was hard in the pick and will gladly eat crow. This is also the last I will speak of this hype

GPG. 14 days

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I wonder if it was Jackson who jumped Sully in the Nickel for the surprise starter. It showed him covering Adams in the 2 minute drill. Maybe they’re going with Jackson and King outside and Alexander inside. You would have dangerous ball hawking skills outside while putting your quickest player in the slot to take away those quicker slot guys.

Side note: Jace sounded to have lined up improperly twice. I would say not a big deal he’s young but the season starts in 2 weeks. He definitely can’t be relied on to start if he can’t even line up right.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Aug 2020 20:30
I wonder if it was Jackson who jumped Sully in the Nickel for the surprise starter. It showed him covering Adams in the 2 minute drill. Maybe they’re going with Jackson and King outside and Alexander inside. You would have dangerous ball hawking skills outside while putting your quickest player in the slot to take away those quicker slot guys.

Side note: Jace sounded to have lined up improperly twice. I would say not a big deal he’s young but the season starts in 2 weeks. He definitely can’t be relied on to start if he can’t even line up right.
Gosh, now that you mention it, that just sounds true. The "if I could tell you" not indicating it's necessarily a HUGE surprise, but that it would make twitter go crazy. :?

Also, Bob Tonyan is the starting TE, so don't worry about it 8-)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:

I think that would be awesome if that were case regarding the corners.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Today's practice in Lambeau is the closest to a preseason game we're getting. Doing a dress rehearsal of game days and some scrimmage type activities. Hopefully the updates are good. As couple roster decisions will be clarified today for the coaches and front office, if not for us

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:

I feel like we all expect Jackson outside and Alexander inside, but it’s been said so many times from the staff that they really like Jackson in the slot. :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
30 Aug 2020 08:28
lupedafiasco wrote:

I feel like we all expect Jackson outside and Alexander inside, but it’s been said so many times from the staff that they really like Jackson in the slot. :idn:
Until this year when every staff person said, "we are going to make things simple for Josh and keep him in the outside."
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Aug 2020 06:25
Today's practice in Lambeau is the closest to a preseason game we're getting. Doing a dress rehearsal of game days and some scrimmage type activities. Hopefully the updates are good. As couple roster decisions will be clarified today for the coaches and front office, if not for us
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-lo ... beau-field

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
30 Aug 2020 08:31
BF004 wrote:
30 Aug 2020 08:28
lupedafiasco wrote:

Until this year when every staff person said, "we are going to make things simple for Josh and keep him in the outside."
Oh right

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Jackson is still struggling. For every good play he makes he then backs it up getting gashed. It would be a huge surprise but I'm not buying

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (96.53 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A look at AJ Dillon in full get up.

Look at those legs.
image.png
image.png (592.59 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (51.43 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Yoop wrote: