Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:03
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Nov 2023 12:58
https://cdn.iframe.ly/files/27f8af60f8b ... 9ac747.mp4

54 yards in the air. Your opinion is WRONG. Pretty sure he has improved since his first year starting in college.
he throw that from his own 45 (about) to the opposing 12, that 43 yrds in air, jesus you can't even be honest, just stop your making a fool of yourself.

Email Herman and ask him if love has a stong nfl arm.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He threw it from the 22 to the opposing 24. You can't even look at video evidence that can be replayed and get it right. :roll: :roll:

Holy $%@# dude. Just STOP. You are so $%@# off base it is silly.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 20 Nov 2023 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 12:50
go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 12:41
Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 12:36

whats yours clouded by? you refuse to see limitations because you refuse to deal with it, on that same throw Stafford could have dropped that in the EZ, Rodgers too, as well as half or more of the QB's playing.

when ya see a QB throwing sky balls it's because they can't throw less lofted balls as deep as the sky balls, trajectory is needed because ya can't throw lazers.

if elevation wasn't needed everyone would throw ropes, think about why shooters elevate for distance, it's the same thing.
I too agree that Love should've sacked up and delivered that ball so it landed in the EZ.

Yes it would have been an overthrow but yoop's eye test of memories of Aaron and Matthew throwing into the EZ from the own 45 is more important.
the point is that Love would on his best day never have thrown it 55 yards in the air, he doesn't have the arm strength to do that, again he does ok at about 40 yrds in air as long as he throws on schedule as we saw with the throw to Reed, even in that throw there was plenty of air under it, and according to the vid he had great tech on that pass, thats about Loves limit imo.
Pckfn23 just literaly shared a video where the ball traveled 55 yards in the air. :thwap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 12:36

whats yours clouded by? you refuse to see limitations because you refuse to deal with it, on that same throw Stafford could have dropped that in the EZ, Rodgers too, as well as half or more of the QB's playing.

when ya see a QB throwing sky balls it's because they can't throw less lofted balls as deep as the sky balls, trajectory is needed because ya can't throw lazers.

if elevation wasn't needed everyone would throw ropes, think about why shooters elevate for distance, it's the same thing.
I too agree that Love should've sacked up and delivered that ball so it landed in the EZ.

Yes it would have been an overthrow but yoop's eye test of memories of Aaron and Matthew throwing into the EZ from the own 45 is more important.
the point is that Love would on his best day never have thrown it 55 yards in the air, he doesn't have the arm strength to do that, again he does ok at about 40 yrds in air as long as he throws on schedule as we saw with the throw to Reed, even in that throw there was plenty of air under it, and according to the vid he had great tech on that pass, thats about Loves limit imo.
Dude you gotta be fair here. That ball was released at the 37 yardline and was caught around the 12 yardline. 13 + 38 = 51 yards.

PLUS that ball was thrown on the left hash and landed near the sideline which is another 10 - 15 yards at least when using the angle.

You are really grabbing at straws trying to nitpick this throw. Additionally, you are using a sample population of 10 games of possible throws compared to Rodgers 14 years of throws in terms of establishing "who can throw it farther"

Rodgers didn't have a huge tape of long throws when looking at the first half of 2008 tape either. He didn't get the chance.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:08
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Dude you gotta be fair here. That ball was released at the 37 yardline and was caught around the 12 yardline. 13 + 38 = 51 yards.

PLUS that ball was thrown on the left hash and landed near the sideline which is another 10 - 15 yards at least when using the angle.

You are really grabbing at straws trying to nitpick this throw. Additionally, you are using a sample population of 10 games of possible throws compared to Rodgers 14 years of throws in terms of establishing "who can throw it farther"

Rodgers didn't have a huge tape of long throws when looking at the first half of 2008 tape either. He didn't get the chance.
Looks like thrown from the 37 yard line and it would have landed around the 11. Either way its over 50 yards in the air without much trouble. He still had a little gas left. Just my opinion. Is someone watching different video than me?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:07
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Nov 2023 12:58

54 yards in the air. Your opinion is WRONG. Pretty sure he has improved since his first year starting in college.
he throw that from his own 45 (about) to the opposing 12, that 43 yrds in air, jesus you can't even be honest, just stop your making a fool of yourself.

He threw it from the 22 to the opposing 24. You can't even look at video evidence that can be replayed and get it right. :roll: :roll:

I'am going off of this

as is plan to see he was at about the 45, and threw it to the 11 for roughly 44 yrds in the air

he's never thrown anything from his 22 to the opposing 24, 60 yrds in his life, nice try, is that even the same play, that clip only shows the logo, and I'd bet it's the one at the 50

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MY_TAKE wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:16
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Looks like thrown from the 37 yard line and it would have landed around the 11. Either way its over 50 yards in the air without much trouble. He still had a little gas left. Just my opinion. Is someone watching different video than me?
you are going to find that yoop has a flawed memory, makes things up, doesn't read or watch videos, and ultimately likes to fight simply to fight - even when he agrees with you.

Quite frankly I should and have been ignoring more but I also don't want disinformation to be spoken so regularly that it eventually becomes as accepted fact.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow a $%@# with yoop day. figures, when members refuse to accept reality :rotf:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:20
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I'am going off of this

as is plan to see he was at about the 45, and threw it to the 11 for roughly 44 yrds in the air

he's never thrown anything from his 22 to the opposing 24, 60 yrds in his life, nice try, is that even the same play, that clip only shows the logo, and I'd bet it's the one at the 50
Yoop you are looking at it backwards. ITs not the 44. The yardage markers go down on that side of the field. Are you high???

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I'am going off of this

I know you have been watching football for a long time but the way yardlines work is you count up to 50 approaching mid-field and count down to zero approaching the EZ.

So what you are seeing is not the "45" but indeed the "35"
image.png
image.png (98.54 KiB) Viewed 663 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:21
wow a $%@# with yoop day. figures, when members refuse to accept reality :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:
go pak go wrote:

you are going to find that yoop has a flawed memory, makes things up, doesn't read or watch videos, and ultimately likes to fight simply to fight - even when he agrees with you.

Quite frankly I should and have been ignoring more but I also don't want disinformation to be spoken so regularly that it eventually becomes as accepted fact.
thats bull &%$@ GPG, show me where he threw that from the 37, or to the 12, complete BS

love does not have a deep ball minus a heave and he's never thrown a 60 yrd ball in his life

I'am 76, yes the memory is fading. but I'am going to sit here and listen to you degrade me, and feel free to never converse with me again

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:25
go pak go wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:

thats bull &%$@ GPG, show me where he threw that from the 37, or to the 12, complete BS

love does not have a deep ball minus a heave and he's never thrown a 60 yrd ball in his life

I'am 76, yes the memory is fading. but I'am going to sit here and listen to you degrade me, and feel free to never converse with me again
Ok this is satire right?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

You guys will miss yoop when he is gone. May even regret bullying him. Sorry they treat you like s*** buddy.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I'am going off of this

TWITTER OF REED PLAY
Then why did you quote a post with a different video??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
he's never thrown anything from his 22 to the opposing 24... in his life, nice try, is that even the same play, that clip only shows the logo, and I'd bet it's the one at the 50
It's obviously not the same play as the Reed play... :roll: :roll: :roll: He actually did through it from his 22 to the opposing 24. Don't take my word for it. Watch the video. :thwap: :thwap: :thwap:

It is funny how the goalposts keep changing. First it's 40, then it was 55, and now up to 60 yards in the air. Hey, when at first you are wrong, try try try again to claim you meant something else!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 20 Nov 2023 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:23
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I'am going off of this

I know you have been watching football for a long time but the way yardlines work is you count up to 50 approaching mid-field and count down to zero approaching the EZ.

image.png
thats not even the play I'am referencing, go back a page it's the pass to REED,

I don't know if you guys are playing games here or what, just quit with the insults

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:25
go pak go wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:

Point of Throw: Clearly the 37 Yardline in Packers Territory
image.png
image.png (82.01 KiB) Viewed 640 times
Point of Catch: Clearly the 12 or 11 Yardline in Lions Territory
image.png
image.png (65.05 KiB) Viewed 640 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:28
go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:23
Yoop wrote:

I'am going off of this

image.png
thats not even the play I'am referencing, go back a page it's the pass to REED,
so am I.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The other throw being talked about:
image.png
image.png (143.44 KiB) Viewed 629 times
22.5 yard line
image.png
image.png (93.85 KiB) Viewed 629 times
24.5 yard line

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Nov 2023 13:27
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I'am going off of this

TWITTER OF REED PLAY
Then why did you quote a post with a different video??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
he's never thrown anything from his 22 to the opposing 24... in his life, nice try, is that even the same play, that clip only shows the logo, and I'd bet it's the one at the 50
It's obviously not the same play as the Reed play... :roll: :roll: :roll: He actually did through it from his 22 to the opposing 24. Don't take my word for it. Watch the video. :thwap: :thwap: :thwap:
that video only shows the yardage at the catch point, not from the toss point, again the Logos are probably at the 50, so it is not a 60 yrd toss.

again I think you know that.

again don't take my word for any other this, talk to a person you RESPECT, that goes for anyone here, if ya believe Love has a strong arm ask Sullivan or Herman etc, I think they'll say the same as I did.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Yoop. I didn't mean to insult you. I am confused. The only video I saw was the one where Love throws from around HIS 37 yard line and caught by Reed at the around the opposing 10 yard line. My math tells me that is 53 yards. Is there some other video? I am not trying to $%@# with you.

ok now I see after refreshing the message board
Last edited by MY_TAKE on 20 Nov 2023 13:41, edited 1 time in total.