Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Joe Burrow out for season with torn ligament in wrist
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I could tell it was Rasul who just got that pick without knowing his new number or anything. He moves different. It was such a Rasul INT.

Miss that dude already

No hard feelings about the trade decision or anything. Just like the guy

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Looking likely that today our bonus third round pick will get a little worse and our bonus 2nd round pick will get a little better.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It didn't count, but did anyone else just see Micah Hyde glide past Allen Lazard into the end zone, and Lazard come hug him after the way he playfully taunted him on his way in?

Wistle had blown, but a nice moment of former Packers competing and still being lovely

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Watching Josh Dobbs get a crown of the helmet to the facemask hits different when you know his backup plan for sports is "rocket scientist"

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Nov 2023 19:28
Watching Josh Dobbs get a crown of the helmet to the facemask hits different when you know his backup plan for sports is "rocket scientist"
I, like Dobbs, was an aerospace engineer major for two years. Didn’t want to live in Houston, Alabama, or Cape Canaveral at the end of the day.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Dude needs to be suspended for the rest of the year at least.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 23:23

that's been called spearing since I was old enough to hold a football. A textbook example if there ever was one, and its been illegal for at least that long too.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Laser Show time in New Jersey.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It's cute that he's a folk hero with our fans, but Boyle is garbo for real. It is just painful to watch the guy try to play QB. I saw him play after Wilson got benched last night and he did not look any better, threw an INT to our old friend Sul.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
20 Nov 2023 12:05
Laser Show time in New Jersey.
The NYJ wanted a QB who does ayahuasca and by golly they are going to get a QB who does ayahuasca, even if it isn't their first choice.

https://www.outkick.com/aaron-rodgers-s ... ls-resort/

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm happy TBLS is getting a shot. Hope he performs well.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:22
*but still loses*
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Shocked it took that long but jets needed enough losses to make the change.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:
*but still loses*
Playing the Dolphins?

TBLS could gave the best game of his career and still lose by two scores.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

musclestang wrote:
20 Nov 2023 05:46
Pckfn23 wrote:

that's been called spearing since I was old enough to hold a football. A textbook example if there ever was one, and its been illegal for at least that long too.
The annoying thing is this. A ref was right there watching it and didn't throw a flag. Had they, the Vikings would have kept the ball. The penalty would have been before the Broncos recovered the ball. They review all turnovers but can't call penalties on the review. They will however use the video as a pretense to fine or suspend Jackson one more time. Just wait, it's coming.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
20 Nov 2023 16:09
musclestang wrote:
20 Nov 2023 05:46
Pckfn23 wrote:

The annoying thing is this. A ref was right there watching it and didn't throw a flag. Had they, the Vikings would have kept the ball. The penalty would have been before the Broncos recovered the ball. They review all turnovers but can't call penalties on the review. They will however use the video as a pretense to fine or suspend Jackson one more time. Just wait, it's coming.
You sure about that?

The ball was out before the hit. I don't have the rule book memorized but I'd think it's a free ball at that point with the penalty assessed after the completion of the play. I could definitely be wrong about that but intuitively it seems to be how it should play out.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I like Dobbs, and I don't like when players do that, but on the other hand I hate the Vikings. So I'm conflicted. :idn:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

The NFL is suspending Denver Broncos safety Kareem Jackson four games without pay after his hit on Minnesota Vikings quarterback Joshua Dobbs on Sunday night.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-suspen ... 17131.html

what good is another 4 game suspension, this is his first game back from the last one, which the nfl caved on and lowered it to just 2 games, and now this spearing hit to Dobbs, Jackson should have gotten the rest of this season, he was suspended last season for a game or two as well, just a cheap shot player.