Here's Johnny Week 11

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

APB wrote:
18 Nov 2023 08:22
packman114 wrote:
17 Nov 2023 17:39
I'll go JJ again.
JJ?
Enagbare... He likes to be called JJ. Or I'm channeling my 80s fandom and picking John Jefferson!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 07:47
APB wrote:
18 Nov 2023 08:22
packman114 wrote:
17 Nov 2023 17:39
I'll go JJ again.
JJ?
Enagbare... He likes to be called JJ. Or I'm channeling my 80s fandom and picking John Jefferson!
Ohh YA,

those initials will forever be ingrained in my psychic, naturally I thought of the one some of us dreamed of getting.

Jefferson has become the (mostly) undisputed best wide receiver in football. His 4,825 receiving yards through first three seasons are the most ever. Nov 2, 2023, even better then OL Johnny Jefferson, a fan fav of mine as well Packman

I will go to my grave dreaming of what Justin, the new JJ, Adams, and Rodgers could have done together, it surely would have resembled the Air Coryell potency or our own 2011 output.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jefferson

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

I know it might take a lot, but Aaron Jones is about to have a day.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

McDuffie
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Kraft
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

AmishMafia wrote:
17 Nov 2023 16:57
Love!

Building on his best game ever, he dominates the field. The Charger defense takes a knee and bows to his greatness mid 3rd quarter in a vain attempt at receiving mercy. Go Pack Go!
I'm going here for the first 300 yard passing game in almost 2 years and the 4th quarter comeback.

Reed honorable mention.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I hate it when work comes in Here's Johnny's way :evil:

Candidates for your consideration:

salmar80 ------------- CB Rochell
Pckfn23 -------------- TE Kraft
MY_TAKE ------------- CB Valentine
APB ------------------- WR Watson
Cdragon ------------- TE Musgrave
Labrev --------------- WR Wicks
RhinoCStarr --------- WR Doubs
Yoop ------------------ DB Nixon
Pugger --------------- WR Reed
HowardTony Starks - S Johnson
paco ------------------ DL Slaton
Madcity_Matt ------- ILB Walker
AmishMafia --------- QB Love
packman114 -------- OLB Enagbare
lupedafiasco -------- OLB Van Ness
mnkcarp ------------- RB Jones
Bogey ---------------- ILB McDuffie

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Love?

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

LOVE

changed to doubs honorable mention
Last edited by MY_TAKE on 19 Nov 2023 18:50, edited 2 times in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 15:59
AmishMafia wrote:
Love!

Building on his best game ever, he dominates the field. The Charger defense takes a knee and bows to his greatness mid 3rd quarter in a vain attempt at receiving mercy. Go Pack Go!
I'm going here for the first 300 yard passing game in almost 2 years and the 4th quarter comeback.

Reed honorable mention.
Technically the Charger defense did not bow to him, but there was no mercy. Had Bosa not faked an injury to avoid the humiliation, there may have been some bowing.

Anyway, I loved what Reed did today. He looked more energized out there. I'm voting Reed.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Lots of candidates worth talking about this week except JL just balled.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jordan Love.

He threw to Watson, Reed, Wicks, Kraft, Musgrave, and Doubs. Everyone got the ball on big plays.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Love had a really nice game but, to me, he’s gotta provide more than “really nice” to earn my vote in this underdog game. He’s just too obvious a pick.

I think I’m going with Wicks.

3 catches, 91 yards and no play bigger or more symbolic of stepping up when the team needs a play than that short 5 yd hook pass on the final TD drive he took 35 yards after taking on the big hit, shaking it off, and racing upfield. Awesome play by the late round rookie.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

If he hit Musgrave and then Watson in that one stretch, Love would have my vote.

I'm back and forth between Reed and Wicks

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
19 Nov 2023 19:07
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2023 15:59
AmishMafia wrote:
Love!

Reed honorable mention.
Technically the Charger defense did not bow to him, but there was no mercy. Had Bosa not faked an injury to avoid the humiliation, there may have been some bowing.

Anyway, I loved what Reed did today. He looked more energized out there. I'm voting Reed.
your winning this week, period :aok: besides Reed won last week.

my vote goes to Love, with Reed, Wicks, honorable 2nd's

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm with others and will go with Love for breaking the streak. But everyone came together, including the Chargers D (I remember a time went Asante Samuel was good, when did that change?), to win this one.

So honorable mentions to Reed and Wicks especially, huge TD by Doubs, and Watson sneaking in there too. Not to forget Kraft and Musgrave making some plays too.
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I'll go with Reed he got one more total yard than Wicks. :munch:

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

paco wrote:
20 Nov 2023 09:55
I'm with others and will go with Love for breaking the streak. But everyone came together, including the Chargers D (I remember a time went Asante Samuel was good, when did that change?), to win this one.
He is 42 years old (and retired). His son, Asante Samuel Jr. is on the Chargers and not as accomplished. Yet.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

AmishMafia wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:28
paco wrote:
20 Nov 2023 09:55
He is 42 years old (and retired). His son, Asante Samuel Jr. is on the Chargers and not as accomplished. Yet.
I know it's Jr. That's who I was referring to but haven't followed him closely. I recall he was getting some DROY love at one point 2 years ago. From what I saw, he was awful against us.
RIP JustJeff