Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

23 saying hes gonna start ignoring yoop is pure comedy
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:41
23 saying hes gonna start ignoring yoop is pure comedy
Also pure fabrication. Trolls gonna troll!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:40
bud fox wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:16
Labrev wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:09

Nice troll post.
We saw a good arm yesterday in Herbert.
Lol which stats are evidence of arm-strength, below-average or otherwise? Throw Zippiness? :lol: Rockets Launched?? :rotf:
Frankly both QBs played about the same.

Herbert had 2 TDs and 70 yards taken away from him by his receivers. An honest evaluation should be Love and Herbert played pretty equal yesterday.

But had Herbert won with Allen and Johnson not dropping the passess...budfox would be posting

Herbert was the better quarterback. His team won

Even though again both QBs largely had an equal day. Both played well.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Love gives the appearance of having a weaker arm because he underthrows a lot and hangs up a lot of ducks. It makes it look like hes just really doesnt have the arm.

Really he just lacks some consistency and is an inaccurate QB as evidenced by his completion percentages across the season. Hes really only thrown 2 good games IMO between the Rams and Chargers and the rest hes been a bad QB. I think most will find that to be harsh but hes not going to survive turning the ballover at this rate and not being able to complete passes at a better clip. Hes 30th in completion percentage and is 3rd in INTs while just being 22nd in yards per pass thrown. These are all really bad numbers. Bottom of the league bad numbers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Nov 2023 15:01
Love gives the appearance of having a weaker arm because he underthrows a lot and hangs up a lot of ducks. It makes it look like hes just really doesnt have the arm.

Really he just lacks some consistency and is an inaccurate QB as evidenced by his completion percentages across the season. Hes really only thrown 2 good games IMO between the Rams and Chargers and the rest hes been a bad QB. I think most will find that to be harsh but hes not going to survive turning the ballover at this rate and not being able to complete passes at a better clip. Hes 30th in completion percentage and is 3rd in INTs while just being 22nd in yards per pass thrown. These are all really bad numbers. Bottom of the league bad numbers.
Love has 3 good - great games: Chicago, LAR, LAC
Love has 2 decent games: ATL, PIT
Love has 3 below average games: NO, MN, DEN
Love has 2 bad games: Raiders and Lions

Love was bad Week 3 - Week 7. But the last 3 weeks has been good and reason for optimism.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:53
Labrev wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Lol which stats are evidence of arm-strength, below-average or otherwise? Throw Zippiness? :lol: Rockets Launched?? :rotf:

Herbert had 2 TDs and 70 yards taken away from him by his receivers. An honest evaluation should be Love and Herbert played pretty equal yesterday.

But had Herbert won with Allen and Johnson not dropping the passess...budfox would be posting

100%. I had posted that earlier before the 3 pages of 44 yard line, lol. I really watched both QB's and didn't really feel like there was that much of a drop off from Herbert to Love. Sure, you can say that Love did this against a bad defense, but it we're saying Herbert is that much better, then he should have thrown for 400+ yards considering we're missing Jaire and Rasul.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 15:08
lupedafiasco wrote:

Love has 3 good - great games: Chicago, LAR, LAC
Love has 2 decent games: ATL, PIT
Love has 3 below average games: NO, MN, DEN
Love has 2 bad games: Raiders and Lions

Love was bad Week 3 - Week 7. But the last 3 weeks has been good and reason for optimism.
Might be a bit of chess going on. Love lit it up the first 2 weeks, teams figured out how to rattle him by having film on him, and now Love has been able to figure out how to overcome it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

yal didnt expect Love to be perfect year one did yal? lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Labrev wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Labrev wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:09

Nice troll post.
I didn't say arm strength - I said a good arm.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Acrobat wrote:
20 Nov 2023 15:10
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

100%. I had posted that earlier before the 3 pages of 44 yard line, lol. I really watched both QB's and didn't really feel like there was that much of a drop off from Herbert to Love. Sure, you can say that Love did this against a bad defense, but it we're saying Herbert is that much better, then he should have thrown for 400+ yards considering we're missing Jaire and Rasul.
That is crazy. Take away the drops and Chargers win.

I don't know how anyone could have watched that game yesterday and not see from throwing the ball etc that Herbert is better.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:
bud fox wrote:

You think Love is better than Herbert.

Does anyone actually watch games or just read box scores. Herbert has a very good arm. He also moved the chains with his legs. His receivers dropping balls, rb slower than BJ Raji and oline couldnt block 4man rush. Still he was shooting lasers.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

bud fox wrote:
20 Nov 2023 15:26
Acrobat wrote:
20 Nov 2023 15:10
go pak go wrote:

That is crazy. Take away the drops and Chargers win.

I don't know how anyone could have watched that game yesterday and not see from throwing the ball etc that Herbert is better.
Probably because I went in without any bias.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
20 Nov 2023 15:30
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

You think Love is better than Herbert.

Does anyone actually watch games or just read box scores. Herbert has a very good arm. He also moved the chains with his legs. His receivers dropping balls, rb slower than BJ Raji and oline couldnt block 4man rush. Still he was shooting lasers.
No I don't think Love is better than Herbert. I think Herbert in the aggregate is currently viewed as a better QB and should be. He has played well and has played more games.

But I also believe that yesterday, in the actual game, Love and Herbert played about equal. I can't definitely say one played better than the other because when you consider the drops Herbert suffered, the stat line for both would be about the same. So I said what I meant and I meant what I said which is not "I think Love is better than Herbert". I took actual footage of the game and ADDED it to the box score because the box score was not representing the actual game for Herbert.

I said both QBs played about the same.

Why does this forum struggle so hard at not reading posts and instead go to extreme conclusions?
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
20 Nov 2023 17:15
lupedafiasco wrote:

It baffles my mind how much joy Packers fans get when we lose.

I'll still never forget how this place was crickets in the post game thread after the Saints game comeback. But lordy was the In Game Thread bustling when we were down by 17 in the 4th quarter.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 17:30
Why does this forum struggle so hard at not reading posts and instead go to extreme conclusions?
Surely you realize by now it's intentional...right?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:

Your continued unreasonable demand for perfection and your focus on his early game struggles skews your perception of how Love has actually improved of late and how he compares to his contemporaries over the course of the season. Yeah, sure, he doesn't compare to prime Rodgers but he's not near as bad, relative to his peers, as you consistently paint him.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
20 Nov 2023 17:38
go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 17:30
Surely you realize by now it's intentional...right?
Worse when the team is bad

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I saw that dropped fourth down pass by LA's TE Parham Jr. again, and oh boy, if Love had thrown that ball, we would have a contingent of our fans saying that's on the QB for throwing behind the receiver and questioning his accuracy, not the present narrative which nobody disputes that the QB got screwed by his WRs dropping balls they should have caught.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
20 Nov 2023 17:50
lupedafiasco wrote:

Your continued unreasonable demand for perfection and your focus on his early game struggles skews your perception of how Love has actually improved of late and how he compares to his contemporaries over the course of the season. Yeah, sure, he doesn't compare to prime Rodgers but he's not near as bad, relative to his peers, as you consistently paint him.

And if we want to do that the Packers have played in the past 3 weeks the 28th, 22nd, 18th. We aren’t facing juggernauts. Love looked terrific against the 28th. Slightly above average at best against the 22nd, and terrible against the 18th.
Cancelled by the forum elites.