Here's Johnny Week 12

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Leaning Love right now, but I’ll think on it.

Dude was just slinging like mad to random people with a decimated cast. Made Kraft and Heath look real good today.

But left the occasional throw out there too, no doubter to Watson to seal it, would love to see that replay to see where the biggest fault lies.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I'm flipping to Love.

The dude played as well as you could probably play. Doubs and Reed made drops that would have led this game into an absolute blowout. Love got robbed.

I change my vote to our franchise quarterback.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Love had a terrific day. Reed and Watson were also very good. The O-Line played well all around but the run game is still a work in progress. Gary, too, was a stud.

All viable votes IMO.

For this contest, though, Owens gets my vote. A true underdog that shined on the national stage.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Love on offense and Gary on Defense.

Both had the most impact on winning the game. Easily Love's best all around game of his career IMHO. His QBR was 90+. Hostile environment, and he was Mr cool and Mr. clutch and made a bunch of nice throws. He has that leader look right now.

Kudos to all the backups stepping up and balling out.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Voting for Love is like voting for Rodgers or Favre in their prime. Sorry, but Love is now officially a top 10 QB in the league and voting for him is contrary to the intent of this thread.

However, when a player has 3 sacks and a forced fumble and a fumble recovery, it is like a QB throwing for 500 yards on 80% completion rate and 5 TD's with no interceptions.

Gary gets my vote.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:28
Voting for Love is like voting for Rodgers or Favre in their prime. Sorry, but Love is now officially a top 10 QB in the league and voting for him is contrary to the intent of this thread.

However, when a player has 3 sacks and a forced fumble and a fumble recovery, it is like a QB throwing for 500 yards on 80% completion rate and 5 TD's with no interceptions.

Gary gets my vote.
Love wasn't top 10 before the game
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:47
TheSkeptic wrote:

Gary gets my vote.

Love played very good the week before and elevated his game to great.

Over the same 2 games, Owens went from really bad to really good. His heads-up fumble recovery for a TD maybe was the spark this defense needed. I felt the D needed a big play to get some seasonal momentum. Maybe that was it.

I think many here knew Love had it in him, and most thought Owens will be replaced at the next opportunity.

From the OP:

Here's Johnny is a season-long contest with the idea being to pick the Packer who overachieves the most in the week's game

I reiterate my vote for Owens.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Tough, tough, tough.

Most outstanding players would be Love and Gary.

For the purposes of this contest, I think O line and Owens most surpassed expectations.

But O line was trending up, Owens was not.

So Owens gets my vote.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Owens by a mile. He turned from a complete liability to the best player in the secondary this game. No one expected that. Seems like Barry should play him closer to the los more often.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I can't vote for Owens, I switched from Wicks figuring he'd need to do something special, turns out he didn't even play.

so many players deserving votes this week, Love and Gary rocked, but who here didn't expect that, still both exceeded expectations, Dillon was also a force in the run game, the OL has been improving and took another step forward against Detroit, and Rhyan showed great anchor, so deserves some recognition as well.
we all thought Heath looked good in PS this year, he had 4 catches yesterday.

the 3 most deserving imo are Owens, Rhyans, and Heath, since I can't vote for Owens, I'am going with Heath, to me, he and Wicks are quite similar in that they'll fight for the contested balls pretty well.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Easily Watson. He had his best game of the season and set the tone bailing out a really bad pass and was the driving force on our first two drives. He could have scored another to seal the game but Love couldn’t get it to him.

Love played well but I think people are coming around to him where everyone was down on Watson.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Always the undertone of scorn. At least it's an undertone now.

Owens
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Nov 2023 10:39
Always the undertone of scorn. At least it's an undertone now.

Owens
Some truth pills are just hard to swallow. So is some crow.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

As others pointed out, some great performances across the board. I'm casting my vote for Owens. I was ready to drive to Green Bay and give him a ride to the bus station after last week's performance. He really stepped up and played well in run and pass defense. I have little hope for him long term, but boy did he ball out yesterday.

King for a day.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MLF gave a game ball to Gary in the locker room after the game so perhaps we should vote for Gary too?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Nov 2023 10:14
Easily Watson. He had his best game of the season and set the tone bailing out a really bad pass and was the driving force on our first two drives. He could have scored another to seal the game but Love couldn’t get it to him.

Love played well but I think people are coming around to him where everyone was down on Watson.
We don't need to be disingenuous about Love.

He had two negative plays in my eyes. 1 was decision making and the other was accuracy. Both ended up completions.

The negative decision was the throw across the field to Heath on 2nd and long. He had AJ Dillon on an easy dump off to get 8 yards. I think the Heath ball ended up like for 10 yards but the throw itself was stupid good.

The negative accuracy ball was the first play of the game. The arm was good (it was like a 60/61 air yard pass but he just threw it too late. It would have been a score had he thrown it earlier.

All in all though, this was elite play.

There were questions about Jordan coming into November. Serious questions. Even I said 4 weeks ago that I don't know if he is our guy.

He is our guy. He is our guy to build around and that alone has me voting for Love. I can't not vote for him after his best game in his NFL career.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
24 Nov 2023 12:13
MLF gave a game ball to Gary in the locker room after the game so perhaps we should vote for Gary too?
This contest prize isn’t awarded based on the same criteria.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2023 13:06
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Nov 2023 10:14

We don't need to be disingenuous about Love.

He had two negative plays in my eyes. 1 was decision making and the other was accuracy. Both ended up completions.

The negative decision was the throw across the field to Heath on 2nd and long. He had AJ Dillon on an easy dump off to get 8 yards. I think the Heath ball ended up like for 10 yards but the throw itself was stupid good.

The negative accuracy ball was the first play of the game. The arm was good (it was like a 60/61 air yard pass but he just threw it too late. It would have been a score had he thrown it earlier.

All in all though, this was elite play.

There were questions about Jordan coming into November. Serious questions. Even I said 4 weeks ago that I don't know if he is our guy.

He is our guy. He is our guy to build around and that alone has me voting for Love. I can't not vote for him after his best game in his NFL career.
I appreciate that Love had a great game, but how high above expectation was his performance? To me, he exceeded expectations but not by a long shot.

Owens, though…I mean woah! Dude was straight up ballin’ yesterday as a last gasp bench fill-in player. He blew his expectations out of the park!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

To me the spirit of this game is the expectations vs. contribution. I expect Gary to have a great game and he did. Love has picked up the pace and his receivers are starting to help him by coming back to the ball. The OL did a great job keeping him clean.

But the biggest shot on the board was Owens and he came through. He was a negative expectation player. Actual tackles compared to waving the ball carrier by last game. 8 solo, 4 assists, a tackle for a loss, and the TD. Compared to the last game, no question for me.

I'm going Owens.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:47
TheSkeptic wrote:

Gary gets my vote.
If not, he should have been.