Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:24
YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Nov 2023 22:45
Anyone catch the Rasul interview on MacAfee today (just saw a clip posted online, but lost it)

He talked about how he broke out in Green Bay in part because they threated him "like a family; took me in; they wanted me. They gave me confidence."

Sounds like no hard feelings from player or team. Though as a fan I still have hard feelings because he's really fun to root for.
Love Rasul. Still understood it though I wish we had gotten more value.

Hard to complain too hard though. Our secondary has played surprisingly well with our best 2023 CB traded away
Minus the focus Barry put on pass rush yesterday Goff would have lit up our secondary, the positives in all this is that we are getting backup caliber players more experience.

I hear support for Joe Barry, in reality he has been forced to finally play heavier DL, which yesterday proved to be both more affective against the run as well as getting after the QB against a pretty good OL, that pressure saved our secondary, which Barry do to lack of experience at CB has been forced to use more man coverage at CB.

why did Barry wait till his two best CB where out to do this?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:54
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Nov 2023 22:45
Anyone catch the Rasul interview on MacAfee today (just saw a clip posted online, but lost it)

He talked about how he broke out in Green Bay in part because they threated him "like a family; took me in; they wanted me. They gave me confidence."

Sounds like no hard feelings from player or team. Though as a fan I still have hard feelings because he's really fun to root for.

Hard to complain too hard though. Our secondary has played surprisingly well with our best 2023 CB traded away
Minus the focus Barry put on pass rush yesterday Goff would have lit up our secondary, the positives in all this is that we are getting backup caliber players more experience.

I hear support for Joe Barry, in reality he has been forced to finally play heavier DL, which yesterday proved to be both more affective against the run as well as getting after the QB against a pretty good OL, that pressure saved our secondary, which Barry do to lack of experience at CB has been forced to use more man coverage at CB.

Just read the words in my posts rather than take a tangent. I never mentioned Joe Barry.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2023 08:18
Yoop wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:54
go pak go wrote:

Just read the words in my posts rather than take a tangent. I never mentioned Joe Barry.
I did read what you said FFS, the tangent is why didn't Barry do this stuff with a healthy Douglas and Alexander, why is it Barry never does what he should do till he is forced to?

and just because you didn't mention Barry, others have, and trading Douglas makes no sense any way ya cut it, unless he had a been a distraction.

and what would he gain from dissing our coaches if that had been the case, new coaches wouldn't take that positively, very rare for a player to do that, so we still don't know why he was traded, if ya want to believe Gute, fine, just don't expect me to

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Alan Lazard a healthy scratch today...yeaow.

https://dailysnark.com/2023/11/24/jets- ... HtClHC224I
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

According to the New York Times’ NFL Playoff Simulator: The Packers now control their own destiny.

Chances of GB making the playoffs if they win out: **100%**

Chances of GB making the playoffs if they lose to KC and then win out: **>99%**

Chances of GB making the playoffs if they lose to KC and MN and then win out: **81%**
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Trudge wrote:
24 Nov 2023 14:48

You mean to tell me Lazard. The real #2 WR, $11M/year is a healthy scratch…? No way!
Cancelled by the forum elites.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

MVS cut on thanksgiving? Harsh lol

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

jglovia wrote:
24 Nov 2023 20:19
Another Packers WR #2 great.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't see anything on X or Google news search that MVS has been cut.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Nov 2023 23:17
jglovia wrote:
24 Nov 2023 20:19
Another Packers WR #2 great.
He wasn't cut.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Yeah sorry about that, someone told me that at a thanksgiving party but apparently it was just a fan petition.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge wrote:
24 Nov 2023 19:42
According to the New York Times’ NFL Playoff Simulator: The Packers now control their own destiny.

Chances of GB making the playoffs if they lose to KC and MN and then win out: **81%**
I can’t envision another outcome.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
25 Nov 2023 09:08
Trudge wrote:
24 Nov 2023 19:42

I can’t envision another outcome.

I'm thinking Baltimore in the AFC.

Packers beat the Eagles! :aok:

What games are the Eagles losing to drop to 11 and 6?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Tim Boyle Laser Show soldiers on. He gets another start. :banana:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

jglovia wrote:
25 Nov 2023 08:54
Yeah sorry about that, someone told me that at a thanksgiving party but apparently it was just a fan petition.
that is so funny :rotf: I new after the Lazard news it had to be unsubstantiated gossip :rotf:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Trudge wrote:
24 Nov 2023 14:48

405794265_728770142627346_2236725963284815995_n.jpg
405794265_728770142627346_2236725963284815995_n.jpg (211.39 KiB) Viewed 378 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Jets fans spent all summer thinking Packers fans were entitled malcontents, but I think we can join in solidarity to make sure the rest of the league understands that the Aaron Rodgers experience has officially stopped being fun or fulfilling for his teams and their fans.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

The only things from that meme that are remotely questionable is Lazard being a "healthy scratch" and Dalvin Cook not living up to the billing. But no OC is going to run a good offense with Zach Wilson and no defense is going to give a &%$@ about defending the pass with Zach Wilson as your QB. He sucks and if he completes a few he's going to then complete it to you most likely before he completes on in the endzone LOL

But Cobb was done, Turner was barely serviceable at best before the Jets got him,, and Boyle is a guy that couldn't beat out Wilson or anybody else for that matter. He's a guy you hope never has to play.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Hear it from Jets fans! (Click Tweet to see the comments section)....

Spoiler
Now watch as the people who have been silent following our best win of the year suddenly take interest in talking football again.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

All I know is many here wanted to see Rodgers fail miserably, but just stay healthy for 60% of the games so we get a better draft pick, so in that they got half there wish list.

the Jets where smart to trade for Rodgers, over paid for Lazard, still Lazard would have his 500 yrds if Rodgers was behind center, everything thats wrong with the Jets would be less so with Rodgers, personally I was hoping he'd do well, best QB this teams ever had