Play the 2023 Packers Blame Game!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is (most) to blame?

Poll ended at 04 Nov 2023 09:01

Brian Gutekunst
37%
Matt LaFleur
48%
Joe Barry
No votes
Jordan Love
4%
Unavoidable major roster upheaval, the above are all fine -or- cannot be fairly evaluated right now
11%

Total votes: 27

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah I was pretty anti-MLF but he has done a great job since this thread. Rams game, he just has that team's number. I didn't really have a problem with how he called PIT, thought he did a nice job with LA-C although it's against a fireable coach. His gameplan for Detroit was excellent.

I am still a Barry skeptic but the D-Coord is just an extension of MLF himself.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
25 Nov 2023 11:21
Yeah I was pretty anti-MLF but he has done a great job since this thread. Rams game, he just has that team's number. I didn't really have a problem with how he called PIT, thought he did a nice job with LA-C although it's against a fireable coach. His gameplan for Detroit was excellent.

I am still a Barry skeptic but the D-Coord is just an extension of MLF himself.
It's crazy though. The Packers have only allowed the opponent to score more than 20 points 5 times in the last 16 games.

There is starting to become an argument that the end result on the defensive performance is pretty darned good.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Barry's defenses failed to beat Atlanta, Oakland and Denver when the offense needed help the most. That's 3 losses that should not have been.

Imagine 8 and 3 right now. And 13 and 4 later. We can only dream!

Instead we're stuck imagining sneaking in with a 10 and 7 record. :argue:

Here's a cut and paste from my post on November 17th in the Packers News thread. Re-posting to ensure this wisdom is not forgotten by those with short memories or other defects in logic:

Quit blaming Jordan Love for everything! There are Myopic Voids everywhere for cryin' out loud. :swear:

Give the offense some time. Right now we've got a great group of offensive weapons that will all mature together as the seasons (plural you knuckleheads) wear on. Specific hot spots are Love, Reed, Wicks, Doubs and Musgrave. But that's only 5 out of 6 offensive players. Packers players desperately require Gutey to bring in more talent.........or resign.

Defense is another story. Some of the new big boys up front seem to have promise. Preston Smith is awesome but he won't be here much longer. Rashan Gary is only one guy. Give the defense a break........simply look at the points allowed column and then move your focus back over to the maturing offense.

I don't even want to talk about the coordinators or LaCoach right now. They all are disgustingly underachieving big time. Quit blaming Love for the inept coaching staff.

GO PACK GO !!

For you young kids out there............this is from 1972, the year the 10 and 4 Packers lost to the Redskins in a playoff game on Christmas Eve at RFK.