Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Yoop wrote:
26 Nov 2023 07:59
All I know is many here wanted to see Rodgers fail miserably, but just stay healthy for 60% of the games so we get a better draft pick, so in that they got half there wish list.

the Jets where smart to trade for Rodgers, over paid for Lazard, still Lazard would have his 500 yrds if Rodgers was behind center, everything thats wrong with the Jets would be less so with Rodgers, personally I was hoping he'd do well, best QB this teams ever had
Jets shouldn't have given him everything he wanted because he isn't a good GM. He is only guilty of being loyal to his guys. I was super disappointed to see him go down. I did want him to succeed to a point. Were there things about him that annoyed me a little? Sure. But I did wish him well and I hope he is able to come back sometime and have another run. My wish was always for Pack to meet the Jets in the superbowl and for us to kick their ass.!!!! Thats how I felt about Favre too eventually although the Viking thing was harder to deal with.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

MY_TAKE wrote:
26 Nov 2023 08:09
Yoop wrote:
All I know is many here wanted to see Rodgers fail miserably, but just stay healthy for 60% of the games so we get a better draft pick, so in that they got half there wish list.

the Jets where smart to trade for Rodgers, over paid for Lazard, still Lazard would have his 500 yrds if Rodgers was behind center, everything thats wrong with the Jets would be less so with Rodgers, personally I was hoping he'd do well, best QB this teams ever had
Jets shouldn't have given him everything he wanted because he isn't a good GM. He is only guilty of being loyal to his guys. I was super disappointed to see him go down. I did want him to succeed to a point. Were there things about him that annoyed me a little? Sure. But I did wish him well and I hope he is able to come back sometime and have another run. My wish was always for Pack to meet the Jets in the superbowl and for us to kick their ass.!!!! Thats how I felt about Favre too eventually although the Viking thing was harder to deal with.
the jets gave him everything to me is over blown, media nostalgia, Cobb imho was brought aboard to help with transition, Lazard, was a poor pay, but the reason is also transitional chemistry, they needed OL help, turner was cheap, they brought in Hackett because he was the OC for a successful Rodgers run, we can argue all this with the advantage of hind sight, but they weren't thought of as outlandish at the time.

Rodgers gets the blame for a poorly built offense and injuries in 2022, Love and Lafleur got it this season because that receiver room was still in disarray, and the OL is still in transition, both are improving now, always easier to just blame the QB then consider other issues.

I'am with ya, was hoping Rodgers would do well, minus the SB part, my point is the draft pick was little consideration for me.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Nov 2023 08:40
MY_TAKE wrote:
Yoop wrote:

the jets gave him everything to me is over blown,
Then goes on to list 6 players and 1 coach brought in on offense for Rodgers. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Labrev wrote:
26 Nov 2023 07:48
Hear it from Jets fans! (Click Tweet to see the comments section)....

**snip**
Best ones:

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Nov 2023 08:51
Yoop wrote:
26 Nov 2023 08:40
MY_TAKE wrote:

the jets gave him everything to me is over blown,
Then goes on to list 6 players and 1 coach brought in on offense for Rodgers. :rotf:
other teams do the same stuff, albeit on smaller scale, and every player and Hackett would have been better with Rodgers.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
26 Nov 2023 09:43
Labrev wrote:
26 Nov 2023 07:48
Hear it from Jets fans! (Click Tweet to see the comments section)....

**snip**
Best ones:

they sound a lot like Packer fans to me, minus the spoiled rotten part, just as whinny, pissy when anything isn't going well.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
26 Nov 2023 10:17
they sound a lot like Packer fans to me, minus the spoiled rotten part, just as whinny, pissy when anything isn't going well.
They sound like the Packer fans that think other GMs are so much better than theirs ... except this time it's true. 8-)

:lol: you kept singing praises of the Jets FO and thought they were gonna do so much better of a job than us :rotf:
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
26 Nov 2023 11:03
Yoop wrote:
They sound like the Packer fans that think other GMs are so much better than theirs ... except this time it's true. 8-)

:lol: you kept singing praises of the Jets FO and thought they were gonna do so much better of a job than us :rotf:
you have no clue how any of this would have went had Rodgers stayed healthy though :lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers's injury was not some random fluke of bad luck, like Cousins's injury. It was a direct consequence of a habit of his that many of us said he needs to break: holding onto the ball too long, taking unnecessary sacks. And this result was what we warned would happen if he didn't.

He thought he at 39 can spin and outrun Leonard Floyd, one of the most athletic EDGE players in the game? What an idiot.

This is another reason why the thumb excuse was stupid, implying he will be just fine next year when he's healthy. How do you know this injury was a one-off, rather than not a sign of things to come? Injuries are part of the game, and aging players get injured *more* often, not less.

Even the incompetent Jets FO knew Rodgers was an injury risk and conditioned the draft pick on him playing.
Last edited by Labrev on 26 Nov 2023 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Nov 2023 11:20
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

you have no clue how any of this would have went had Rodgers stayed healthy though :lol:
In the last 10 years, Rodgers has suffered significant injuries that has either taken away play time or significantly reduce effectiveness 6 out of 10 years.

2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2023

Maybe that's just who he is?

Strange you say Bakh was a stupid signing but yet not say the same thing about a guy who is always hurt.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

funny how I'am the only one to complain about Murphy handing Rodgers another 100 mil in the off season of the Capers and Thompson demotion, he still had 2 years remaining on his old contract, we could have traded Rodger for the Empire state building that off season, and just like with Bakhtiari I could have lived with it, same thing during the 018 season, Rodgers flat out refused to throw to check downs, I say refused because he looked right at those receivers and took sacks instead, imo, a message to the FO that he didn't like something, your guess to what that was.

I wanted both these players back simply because they both gave us the best chance to win at the time, just like others, but I'am just a fan, GM's are expected to have more fore sight.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yoop wrote:
26 Nov 2023 11:59
funny how I'am the only one to complain about Murphy handing Rodgers another 100 mil in the off season of the Capers and Thompson demotion, he still had 2 years remaining on his old contract, we could have traded Rodger for the Empire state building that off season, and just like with Bakhtiari I could have lived with it, same thing during the 018 season, Rodgers flat out refused to throw to check downs, I say refused because he looked right at those receivers and took sacks instead, imo, a message to the FO that he didn't like something, your guess to what that was.

I wanted both these players back simply because they both gave us the best chance to win at the time, just like others, but I'am just a fan, GM's are expected to have more fore sight.
I generally approve of the decisions that we made down the stretch of Rodgers' time here, in order to try to win 1 more with him before moving on rather than moving on earlier. We should have won at least 1 Super Bowl with him, he played well, we got some bad luck. We can play (and have played) the blame game as to why that didn't happen, but in terms of the overall franchise macro-strategy, I think our FO made the right decision.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

He couldn’t fix that dysfunctional team.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

For those of you who saw tonight's Eagles - Bills game, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most nauseating.

How nauseating was Tony Romo tonight?

YES or NO: How evident was it that Romo is biased toward the Cowboys (or anti-Eagles, however you want to slice it)?

So much for unbiased professional football color commentary.

GO BEARS (tomorrow night only) !

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

You can't be serious. What's wrong with Romo?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lol, there was nothing wrong with Romo

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Sorry Ringo, but I saw no bias in Romo in this broadcast.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
26 Nov 2023 17:18
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

He couldn’t fix that dysfunctional team.
obviously not, the Jets had a poor ol to start with and lost a couple starters, course Rodgers dealt with that as a Packer and we still won games, he had receivers a RB and a defense, they would be a lot better then they've been without him

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
27 Nov 2023 04:45
Sorry Ringo, but I saw no bias in Romo in this broadcast.
compared to Greg Olson bias for Detroit Sunday, well I doubt Romo could ever top that, OLson had to compliment us at the end or look the fool.