Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I really don't want to "sneak" into the playoffs at 9-8. I want to earn it. I want the #6 seed and I want to be 10-7 or better.

I want one more big win which is a combination of either KC or at US Bank. If we don't get either of them, I would rather be on the outside looking in. I just have such a long term view point of this football team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Nov 2023 09:34
Yeah I really don't want to "sneak" into the playoffs at 9-8. I want to earn it. I want the #6 seed and I want to be 10-7 or better.

I want one more big win which is a combination of either KC or at US Bank. If we don't get either of them, I would rather be on the outside looking in. I just have such a long term view point of this football team.
Honest question, why the change in attitude concerning 6th seed compared to 7th seed?

5-1 would be great, it would exceed all my expectations, but I can't see that happening with this team even though they are playing well right now.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

3-3, 2-4, worse, could totally happen.

But the remaining schedule looks nicely set up for us to make a run. Chiefs will be tough because their D is good and it looks like they might have just found their offense. It's tough to win in Minny as well. Bucs have also been weirdly tough for this team to beat for quite some time.

Just win one or two of those, though, and beat out all the other weak opponents, and we're in a super favorable position to clinch one of the last remaining playoff spots.

And leave it to Minny to find a way to fumble away their own playoff odds.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

so pc to talk conservative, that way you wont be wrong, I always, freaking always, expect to win, I expect we'll upset KC just as we did Detroit, and win all the remaining games.

and if this OL had blocked better early, or Lafleur did better scheming to eliminate free rushers, if Watson and Doubs didn't have 2nd season slumps to start out, if Jones had stayed healthy, all normal expectations, we'd already have a play off seed and pushing 10 wins right now.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 09:38
go pak go wrote:
27 Nov 2023 09:34

Honest question, why the change in attitude concerning 6th seed compared to 7th seed?

5-1 would be great, it would exceed all my expectations, but I can't see that happening with this team even though they are playing well right now.
It's an internal thing.

I hate that there are 7 teams in the postseason and I don't view the 7th seed as a true playoff team. I just don't. So I will feel a lot better if we get in as the #6 because then I feel we truely earned a postseason slot.

I just hate that we are now in a world where 8 losses practically gaurantees a postseason birth because of 17 games and 7 teams making the show.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
27 Nov 2023 09:40
3-3, 2-4, worse, could totally happen.

But the remaining schedule looks nicely set up for us to make a run. Chiefs will be tough because their D is good and it looks like they might have just found their offense. It's tough to win in Minny as well. Bucs have also been weirdly tough for this team to beat for quite some time.

Just win one or two of those, though, and beat out all the other weak opponents, and we're in a super favorable position to clinch one of the last remaining playoff spots.

And leave it to Minny to find a way to fumble away their own playoff odds.
Yup.

KC and MN will be our tough games.

And I think Tampa will be the game that could be our "clunker". Maybe the Giants.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

we right on the cusp of doing something awesome and some of yal are tapping out and saying you expect to be dissapointed. Hilarious.

We absolutely should beat MN when we have a starting QB and they have a guy thats been on 4 teams in like a year.

We can expect to lose to KC. That would be fine.

But here in the playoff race we should absolutely win against Car, TB, NYG and Chi. We are simply better than those teams. We have the better QB and far superior roster.

After unexpected wins against LAC and DET, the team should absolutely finish 9-8. That is a good realistic goal. It allows us to lose to KC and one more game that we really should win...whether that be MN or TB.

Anything less than 9-8 is a failure at this point and its okay to call it that. I also think 10-7 is realistic because we should beat MN, but 9-8 and then let the chips fall where they may is a perfectly fine standard to hold the team to.

Now I know I laughed at 9 or 10 wins a few weeks ago, but that was before a pretty good rebound from the team. I have now adjusted expectations.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

A winning season (9-8) and opposed to a losing season (8-9) in Loves first year starting would be huge! This should absolutely be the goal. Its totally obtainable too, this closing schedule is full of weaaak sauce.

A good coach would get it done no problem. Go Lafleur Go!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 10:05
we right on the cusp of doing something awesome and some of yal are tapping out and saying you expect to be dissapointed. Hilarious.
This is not happening, not even a little.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I don't think pointing out games that are tough and circling games that could be in danger of a clunker is "tapping out"

It's conversation and being real.
Yoop wrote:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yeah I don't see that narrative happening either. I think we should finish 9-8 at worst BUT this is also the same team that just over a month ago looked like one of the worst in the league. Seems like things are better and the team has momentum, but if somehow we revert to that, I wouldn't be shocked but I would be disappointed because it feels like something better is brewing right now. Still a young team though and young teams can be thrown off track a little easier, so just keeping that in the back of my head.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Nov 2023 10:16
Yeah I don't think pointing out games that are tough and circling games that could be in danger of a clunker is "tapping out"

come on, most of ya all figured 6 to 8 wins was a very good season, with Loves first season, ya all where ultra conservative back then just as ya are now, and you guys do it so that ya get to say " I told ya so"

in reality as I just said, unfore seen issues derailed LOve and our offense, and we got another addition of Barry's head up the butt soft zone defense.

I predicted a 12 win season, and minus those issues we would have gotten that, I've been higher on Love then most any of you guys.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
27 Nov 2023 10:19
Yeah I don't see that narrative happening either. I think we should finish 9-8 at worst BUT this is also the same team that just over a month ago looked like one of the worst in the league. Seems like things are better and the team has momentum, but if somehow we revert to that, I wouldn't be shocked but I would be disappointed because it feels like something better is brewing right now. Still a young team though and young teams can be thrown off track a little easier, so just keeping that in the back of my head.
Agreed. I think our median or expected Win Total is 9-8.

I really want to be better than 9-8.
Yoop wrote:

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Acrobat wrote:
27 Nov 2023 10:19
BUT this is also the same team that just over a month ago looked like one of the worst in the league.
This is very true. To me they were vastly underperforming relative to what I felt was the talent on the roster at that point, so I've always believed they were better than that. The past 3 weeks has been more of what I expected. While periods of youth and inexperience have still resulted in some head scratching moments, overall they didn't torpedo this team and kept the games competitive from start to finish.

I suspect that will continue, youth and inexperience will leave doors open for others to steal the victory. but I expect those to be moments, not halves of football like before when they just looked lost all over the place.

Things are coming together for this young team and we'll probably win some we shouldn't and lose some we shouldn't because of it, but I think things are definitely looking up. I'll take every win we can get.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

At this point, 9-8 is the bar to be met.

Below 9-8 with the upcoming schedule and we did not meet expectations

at 9-8 and its all good, we did good!

10-7 or above and Love should get a new deal, and Lafleur should have his contract reworked to where he gets paid more.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The clunkers were Detroit (1) thru Minnesota. They just looked BAD in that period. I mean really bad.

Otherwise you can make an arugment that they just underachieved and/or had poor bounces and injury statuses. My game was always the Thanksgiving Game. That was our 2023 Super Bowl. I just wanted to be competitve and I thought we had an outside chance of upsetting.

Seeing what they did with the injuries and how they dominated (the game was closer than it should have been)...I'm pretty high on this team now. It's fun seeing it click for guys like Malik Heath. This team is just so much fun to watch. I feel like 2006 - 2010 all over again.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Nov 2023 10:25
go pak go wrote:
27 Nov 2023 10:16

come on, most of ya all figured 6 to 8 wins was a very good season, with Loves first season, ya all where ultra conservative back then just as ya are now, and you guys do it so that ya get to say " I told ya so"

in reality as I just said, unfore seen issues derailed LOve and our offense, and we got another addition of Barry's head up the butt soft zone defense.

I predicted a 12 win season, and minus those issues we would have gotten that, I've been higher on Love then most any of you guys.
Yes and if we didn't struggle at all we would hit 17 wins. The entire point is these things exist.

I figured between 6 and 10 wins and unless &%$@ hits the fan that will happen.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 27 Nov 2023 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Oh I am not expecting to be disappointed. I am actually pretty optimistic about us making a run, but cautiously.

I feel good about our chances for the most part, but I can also see it going the other way. Tides turn *very* quickly in the NFL.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

8-9 or better seems like a good bat at this point in the season. However I am not going to draw a line in the sand based solely on wins and losses. The process is important. If we do hit 8-9, how did that happen? Did we score 35 points and still lost? If that would be the case, I would probably be ok with it considering our DC and injuries.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The offense looks like it massively improved but it should be noted against the 26th and 24th pass defenses in the last three weeks. The Packers do factor into that equation as well.

I have really been interested in this game against the Chiefs because I want to see how Love plays in this one compared to two years ago when he looked like he couldnt beat a blitz to save his life. I expect Spags to run the same scheme. No reason to change anything for him when it was so successful last time around.
Cancelled by the forum elites.