Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 10:34
8-9 or better seems like a good bat at this point in the season. However I am not going to draw a line in the sand based solely on wins and losses. The process is important. If we do hit 8-9, how did that happen? Did we score 35 points and still lost? If that would be the case, I would probably be ok with it considering our DC and injuries.
Agreed. Honestly all I really care about to end the season are following:

1. Jordan Love's progression - was Detroit an outlier or can he continue to string success
2. Christian Watson and the receivers - it looks like we have our 5 WRs of the future. Is this real?
3. Sean Rhyan - for the love of god play Rhyan and let's hope we have reason to be optimistic about RG for 2024.
4. TJ Slayton and Brooks/Wooden - these three are important for long term success. Do they continue to show signs they are our future DL?
5. LVN and Enegbare - I just want to see splashes from both. Especially from LVN
6. Valentine - can he continue stringing games? I have a feeling he has a Pick 6 in him
7. Quay Walker - I want to see him step up. A little underwhelmed so far
8. Anthony Johnson Jr - just keep playing him
9. Eric Stokes - I really would like to see him play in December/January and see where he is at
10. Tight Ends - Just want to see continue progression with their blocking and route running. So far very pleased about our 3 rookies

How we look is far more important to me than the actual end result. We lost a lot of games in 2008 down the stretch we should have won and I thought that was actually best case for us. We got a top 10 pick when we were absolutely a playoff caliber team. Our rookies have played great the last 4 weeks. Let's keep it going
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Nov 2023 11:08
I have really been interested in this game against the Chiefs because I want to see how Love plays in this one compared to two years ago when he looked like he couldnt beat a blitz to save his life. I expect Spags to run the same scheme. No reason to change anything for him when it was so successful last time around.
I am intrigued, as well.

I feel like this game can provide a good bar to measure Love against. Not only a top tier team and defense, but also a past performance to measure from. This game won't be the end-all to pronounce him a success or failure, but it'll certainly provide something tangible we can start to draw some conclusions from.

And yeah, I'm sure Spags won't venture far from the gameplan he put together last time. Hell, it's what he basically does to everyone, not just Love.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Ahem...

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
27 Nov 2023 11:20
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Nov 2023 11:08
I have really been interested in this game against the Chiefs because I want to see how Love plays in this one compared to two years ago when he looked like he couldnt beat a blitz to save his life. I expect Spags to run the same scheme. No reason to change anything for him when it was so successful last time around.
I am intrigued, as well.

I feel like this game can provide a good bar to measure Love against. Not only a top tier team and defense, but also a past performance to measure from. This game won't be the end-all to pronounce him a success or failure, but it'll certainly provide something tangible we can start to draw some conclusions from.

And yeah, I'm sure Spags won't venture far from the gameplan he put together last time. Hell, it's what he basically does to everyone, not just Love.
In Loves past 4 games he has one OK game against the Rams, a really bad game against the Steelers, and two fantastic games against the Chargers and Lions. When we look at trends over the last 3 weeks on NFL defenses that kind of checks out. Both the Chargers and Lions have been terrible defensively while the Rams and Steelers have been 16th and 15th against the pass.

The Chiefs are 7th in pass defense and 3rd in sack percentage. If Love comes in this game and balls out we can safely say there is something real here. Otherwise hes just taken advantage of some struggling defenses.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Box Score says the Love game vs Pittsburgh was terrible.

But actually watching it...I don't think the Steelers was a bad game at all. In fact I think Love played better vs Pittsburgh than he did vs the Rams.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I personally don't give a hoot about W-L predictions of the past or present.

This team has given me drama and hope, and it's been so much fun. Each game is an adventure, and THAT's what I'm here for.

I don't think this is a SB team, especially with the injuries, but it's a wild fun ride with surprises, and I'm lucky to be on board!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 12:30

This team has given me drama and hope, and it's been so much fun. Each game is an adventure, and THAT's what I'm here for.

I don't think this is a SB team, especially with the injuries, but it's a wild fun ride with surprises, and I'm lucky to be on board!
thanks for keeping us posted
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
27 Nov 2023 12:28

But actually watching it...I don't think the Steelers was a bad game at all. In fact I think Love played better vs Pittsburgh than he did vs the Rams.
Agreed.

That's the game I attended and I came away feeling he played well. Yes, he made a poor decision on the first int but his overall play was far from "terrible".

But whatever. To each their own.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
27 Nov 2023 15:05
go pak go wrote:
27 Nov 2023 12:28

Agreed.

That's the game I attended and I came away feeling he played well. Yes, he made a poor decision on the first int but his overall play was far from "terrible".

But whatever. To each their own.
Other than the 2 INTs, which obviously we can't take away, he played well. IMHO he was too focused on getting it to Watson in that game and the Rams game. That has changed the last 2 games.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Not sure what sorcery he's referring to but it doesn't look like we'll be seeing a Love extension, warranted or not, any time soon.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
27 Nov 2023 15:24
Not sure what sorcery he's referring to but it doesn't look like we'll be seeing a Love extension, warranted or not, any time soon.

It's a rule he looked into that says a vet can't be restructured/resigned within 12 months of a new contract.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I'm ok with the &%$@ play from these guys at times, up to a point. These past 3 weeks have shown me they are able to focus, learn, and apply. I'm sure more mistakes are going to come, and the more they show they can overcome and adapt and learn the better this team is going to be in '24 and '25.

I'd love to make playoffs and maybe win a game or 2 this year, but i'm ok with not as well as long as they keep showing what they have been recently. The wins are nice, but the growth an the coming together and effort are what i've been waiting for. I think the effort was mostly always there, but the other 2 were severely lacking.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 14:54
salmar80 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 12:30

thanks for keeping us posted
Thanks for not disappearing like some when the predicted doom and gloom didn't happen (yet).

I've actually been enjoying your posts more of late. Glad to have you on board.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 14:49
just asking, but who does these graphs, cause this doesn't hold up to my eye test? does he not count when our OL man are pushed right back to Love, or when Love has to step up cause our tackles can't anchor, I see these kinds of things a doz times a game, and according to this graph we are one of the best blocking OL's in the league, and we both know thats not true

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
27 Nov 2023 15:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
*Tweet*
just asking, but who does these graphs
Look closely:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
just asking, but who does these graphs, cause this doesn't hold up to my eye test? does he not count when our OL man are pushed right back to Love, or when Love has to step up cause our tackles can't anchor, I see these kinds of things a doz times a game, and according to this graph we are one of the best blocking OL's in the league, and we both know thats not true
Your big qualifier is "when pass expecatation is greater than 70%"
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

didn't we do a thread this season on expected wins/losses, I remember something like that and remember saying I expected double digit wins, and if we would have had a better start ( expected health) I think that was reasonable, why not, who knew Jones or Bakhtiari would be this banged up, or that Watson would have another slow start and injured, same with Doubs.

I don't expect we'll get 10 wins now, but I still hope to, Winning helps more then just playing well or being competitive though, it leaves players with the idea, we ARE competitive, and just maybe we can play even better and win more, I think we notice that when we see a team feeding off one play to the next.

they say right thinking, leads to right living, it's the same with football, if ya think you can, it's half the battle, if there is doubt, you wont, so imo winning from here on out takes on a different meaning, it will leave this bunch believing anything is possible in the future, because there confidence is sky high, winning is the biggest confidence builder there is.

rooting for the GB Packers win or lose has never been a option for me, my Dentist is a Lions fan, rooting win or lose has never been a option for him either, I just have to learn never to go see him after we beat up on his Kitties :rotf:

Win or Lose I'll enjoy the next 6 games, I can find something I like when this team is at it's worst, this place can be such a turnoff though, to criticize anything is to criticize everything, I get defensive, and it robs me of saying the stuff I liked, whatever.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Nov 2023 16:13
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Your big qualifier is "when pass expecatation is greater than 70%"
thanks, but does that mean when our ol men are pretty sure we'll pass they will block better? when someone crunches the numbers like this using % of this or that, what is your normal reaction? I know your a numbers guy, and analytics and all that, my reaction is that there trying to hard to convince me of something, specially when it doesn't coincide to what I'am seeing, which has been for most of this season Love avoiding pass rushers, either coming clean, loping the T's or being pushed right back on top of him :idn: