Do you agree?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

partially, it would have been better for the old as well as the new QB if Gute had started this rebuild of the receiver position in 2020 and 21 versus 2022 and 23, whatever he's done a great job in these last 2 drafts.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Mostly spot on. Might be getting a little ahead of ourselves. The team has played a great game and overall we're playing better each week. But there will likely be some rough spots ahead.

And I really like Musgrave and Reed, But this seems premature:

"playing key roles. Musgrave and Reed look like foundational pieces on offense. It’s not an overstatement to suggest they could become the best tight end and slot receiver in franchise history.
"

The last drafts early returns looks like it could be an all time great and Gute deserves a ton of credit. Moving on from AR has proven to be a wise move, although probably a year too late.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Much like the tendency to jump to a conclusion with Love, I think it's too soon to declare this reset a success under Gutekunst.

Yes, the team is trending the right direction recently but four games does not decide the future. Things do look promising, though. The past two drafts, along with the upcoming draft with five picks in the top 100, have the potential to boost this franchise into championship contention for many years to come while also resetting the salary cap without any significant impact on the field.

That is tremendous if they can pull it off. Gutekunst and this staff/roster are currently on a trajectory to do just that. :aok:

The wild card, of course, is Love. If he is, indeed, the real deal then Gutekunst should be commended for having the courage to stick to his convictions and make that decision, much like Wolf with Favre and Thompson with Rodgers.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
28 Nov 2023 06:36
partially, it would have been better for the old as well as the new QB if Gute had started this rebuild of the receiver position in 2020 and 21 versus 2022 and 23, whatever he's done a great job in these last 2 drafts.
FFS

The first response to a new thread and you've already redirected it toward your pet topic.

A refresher from the rules thread:
4) Stay on Topic: common sense applies. Thorough discussion of topics, along with the exploration of various tangents related to the main topic, is highly encouraged. However, kidnapping of a topic (i.e. for the sole purpose of redirecting a thread to a personal pet topic) is prohibited.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The narrative is easy to build for Gute one way or the other. It just matters if the wins or losses follow.

Still too early to say anything yet but he and MLF will deserve a lot of credit if we get double digit wins in 2023 and look great going into 2024. I really hope that is the case.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
28 Nov 2023 06:46
Yoop wrote:
FFS

The first response to a new thread and you've already redirected it toward your pet topic.

4) Stay on Topic: common sense applies. Thorough discussion of topics, along with the exploration of various tangents related to the main topic, is highly encouraged. However, kidnapping of a topic (i.e. for the sole purpose of redirecting a thread to a personal pet topic) is prohibited.
so now my personal opinion is a pet topic, I gave Gutekunst credit, just wish he'd done that sooner, and no one has to follow that opinion, just like there was no reason to define a 5 man rush package as anything but a 5 man rush package yesterday

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Nov 2023 07:40
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:
FFS

so now my personal opinion is a pet topic
I would be more surprised or intriuged if a pet topic wasn't also a personal opinion. :idn:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Nov 2023 08:22
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

FFS

I would be more surprised or intriuged if a pet topic wasn't also a personal opinion. :idn:
or vice versa :idn:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yeah like you all are saying, I'd rather this article come out after the season, not after a 2 game winning streak.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

It's a weird year.

Some of our highest paid guys have been injured or underperforming... And then we have outrageous value from young guys and cheap players playing way above their cap number. OTs who are somehow holding up with 3 guys who combined are valued 1/3 of one Bak. Secondary where nobodies like Valentine and Ballentine are making plays. Safeties who come out of nowhere to make Savage easily expendable. An impact from a rookie TE or pass rushing DL? That's SO rare. 2023 draft class may rise to ridiculous heights.

I'm real glad I get to experience this season of surprises.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Nov 2023 08:43
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Oh absolutely not.

You can have opinions and not bring it up in every single thread for 6 years straight when it doesn't have relavance or only weak connection to the actual thread.

Because that is the exact definition of pet topic.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
28 Nov 2023 08:49
Yeah like you all are saying, I'd rather this article come out after the season, not after a 2 game winning streak.
Absolutely.

If Love looks bad vs the Chiefs and then the Giants the mob will be out again. Lotta ballgame left.

It's exciting to think we could be a 10 win team, but the reality is we are still outside the playoffs and 13th in the draft order.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
28 Nov 2023 08:54
It's a weird year.

Some of our highest paid guys have been injured or underperforming... And then we have outrageous value from young guys and cheap players playing way above their cap number. OTs who are somehow holding up with 3 guys who combined are valued 1/3 of one Bak. Secondary where nobodies like Valentine and Ballentine are making plays. Safeties who come out of nowhere to make Savage easily expendable. An impact from a rookie TE or pass rushing DL? That's SO rare. 2023 draft class may rise to ridiculous heights.

I'm real glad I get to experience this season of surprises.
Savage was our best DB prior to injury according to articles I read back then, which I know isn't saying much, and we are seeing pretty good play, granted the competition has been suspect, even against the Lions we needed 33 pass pressures to help them look as good as they did.

I love ( no pun) what I'am watching as well, Love is starting to show drastic improvement over what we saw 8 games back, his rookie receivers are playing better, which doesn't really surprise me much, plenty of rookie receivers have done that before.

last Sundays game imo rivals any game we've seen the last two years, great offensive game plan, same with defense, same with ST's, all phases came together, hard not to like all that.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I agree with all the comments that it is a bit too soon to spike the football

That said, though, it is at least soon enough to de-fang the anti-Gutey movement. We should be uncertain about how the team will look in the future and that uncertainty should breed humility in our statements.

But THAT said, I will continue to act as if my opinion on most things is the most likely factual interpretation available. Because humility doesn't belong on the internet.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Nov 2023 09:05
Yoop wrote:
28 Nov 2023 08:43
go pak go wrote:

Oh absolutely not.

You can have opinions and not bring it up in every single thread for 6 years straight when it doesn't have relavance or only weak connection to the actual thread.

Because that is the exact definition of pet topic.
OK, but I like to tie what is relevant now, to what caused it to be relevant, context matters, I attempt that to broaden the conversation, sure that can be looked at as a pet topic, but to me most football topics are important and worth talking about, I admit to some convo's dragging out, but there s always two sides to this stuff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't want the big back and forth to continue, but honestly, "Gutey should have hastened the WR redevelopment plan" before inserting Love as the starter is perfectly relevant to this thread, even if it is a "pet topic."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Love is on track to be the GOAT. If he makes playoffs in his first year after playing with the slop at WR (mainly due to youth) bears fans every should buy ticket to tour Sears tower and leap off. It’s over for them, once again.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Nov 2023 10:33
I don't want the big back and forth to continue, but honestly, "Gutey should have hastened the WR redevelopment plan" before inserting Love as the starter is perfectly relevant to this thread, even if it is a "pet topic."
Yoho I've never understood the push back I've gotten to wanting better receivers, ever, I understand some not agreeing as far back as 016, 018, but in my humble opinion if your going to start a young QB, then having experienced receivers will help him a lot.

granted Reed and Musgrave where basically walk on ready, still I think both will be even better with a year playing, not everyone takes a step back like Watson.

thats all I meant with my response, some pet topics have merit.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Nov 2023 10:42
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Nov 2023 10:33
Yoho I've never understood the push back I've gotten to wanting better receivers
You don't get pushback against it.

I don't get how you continually confuse 'Oh my god you've said 10,000 times in every thread, move on' with 'I disagree with you'.