Chiefs @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Dec. 3rd, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Almost violated my own suggestion that not responding to some folks is the best way to avoid encouraging them. Sucked it up, though, and won't provide more ammo.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Dec 2023 09:36
APB wrote:
02 Dec 2023 08:11
My neighbor’s 12 yr old daughter is a dedicated and competitive gymnast, holding Simone Biles as one of her heroes. She’s also big into Taylor Swift and considers herself a loyal Swiftie.

She is beside herself on who to cheer for this weekend.

The heavy weight of fandom for today’s 12 year olds is real….
It says a lot that so many (kids and especially adults) have such idolatry. Says a lor about their upbringing, family values, and own life.
Oh please. This generation, and their parents, have nothing on the Yankees player fandom of the 40's-50's. Or the Packer players of the 60's. Or any number of teams throughout any number of periods.

:roll:

You must be a hoot at parties.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Nov 2023 19:52
Madcity_matt wrote:
29 Nov 2023 12:11
I'll be yelling loudly from row 1 of the North End Zone. Family seats I get once every 4ish years, right at the "B" in Green Bay. Not great seats for watching a football game, amazing seats to experience a game. Hoping for a LEAP! And we rented a limo, so maybe they'll park us next to TSwift LOL
I'll be 58 rows up in Section 130. Thinking Hinterland before the game if we can get in the place. Come on over for a pregame chat with Ringo.
Would love to, but my entourage is big for this game, it'll be like herding cats

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Dec 2023 09:36
APB wrote:
My neighbor’s 12 yr old daughter is a dedicated and competitive gymnast, holding Simone Biles as one of her heroes. She’s also big into Taylor Swift and considers herself a loyal Swiftie.

It says a lot that so many (kids and especially adults) have such idolatry. Says a lor about their upbringing, family values, and own life.
None of this is new. Back in the 1920s when Rudolph Valentino died some of his ardent fans committed suicide. During WW2 GIs had pin-up girls' photos in their helmets and fan magazines were all the rage for the gals stateside. Parents were outraged with Elvis and his moves. In the 60s girls would scream throughout Beatles performances. Swift is now the latest thing. I don't take any of this seriously.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

APB wrote:

She may be disappointed when she finds that neither has made the game day roster. :cry:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Chiefs are favored by 6. I'd take the Packers and 6 if given the opportunity.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Win or lose I will be happy if they play well. And nobody gets hurt

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
03 Dec 2023 04:40
Win or lose I will be happy if they play well. And nobody gets hurt
I basically just don't want to get our a$$es handed to us. I just want a competitive game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jaire Alexander playing tonight would be huge. For defense, I suggest we let Kelce get his but we have to limit the rest of the Chiefs. Don't let their run game going and don't like any of their WRs start to cook.

Tonight is a big game for our safeties. I also think tonight is a really important game for Quay Walker. We need him to step up as the ILB who can cover the middle of the field and contain Patrick.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2023 09:16
Jaire Alexander playing tonight would be huge. For defense, I suggest we let Kelce get his but we have to limit the rest of the Chiefs. Don't let their run game going and don't like any of their WRs start to cook.

Tonight is a big game for our safeties. I also think tonight is a really important game for Quay Walker. We need him to step up as the ILB who can cover the middle of the field and contain Patrick.
Let Kelce get his?

I say don’t give ‘em &%$@. Hit them in the mouth.

All.
Night.
Long.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
03 Dec 2023 10:34
go pak go wrote:

Let Kelce get his?

All.
Night.
Long.
I mean yeah that'd be great. :lol:

I'd be okay if we shut everyone down but Kelce gets his 10 receptions for 120 yards.

Where I get concerned is if Kelce gets his 120 yards and 2 TDs and then MVS gets his 110 yards and 2 TDs and their running attack gets their 150 yards etc.

If the other Chiefs cook...then you are looking at the Chiefs putting up 31+ points. If only Kelce cooks, we can be able to hold them to 24 or less and have a shot at this thing.

We have done a great job at limiting the shot plays this year. We can't let MVS have a night.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2023 10:39
APB wrote:
03 Dec 2023 10:34
go pak go wrote:

Let Kelce get his?

All.
Night.
Long.
I mean yeah that'd be great. :lol:

I'd be okay if we shut everyone down but Kelce gets his 10 receptions for 120 yards.

Where I get concerned is if Kelce gets his 120 yards and 2 TDs and then MVS gets his 110 yards and 2 TDs and their running attack gets their 150 yards etc.

If the other Chiefs cook...then you are looking at the Chiefs putting up 31+ points. If only Kelce cooks, we can be able to hold them to 24 or less and have a shot at this thing.

We have done a great job at limiting the shot plays this year. We can't let MVS have a night.
I tend to agree in the sense that it's probably easier to stop MVS and that rookie Rice who has better numbers, is more shifty and has about 550 yrds receiving then it is to double up on Kelce all night leaving Rice to befuddle our rookie CB's with under neath catches with yac yrds.

the best remedy to me is to discourage Mahomes from throwing passes, plant him and throw flowers on his grave :rotf:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’d be happy if we can keep the Chiefs under 25. More, we need to score 28 against them. I keep saying this, but we need to be plus on the turnovers. If we don’t, there’s no way we win this game. Chiefs > Lions. If we do win, then we need to consider how well this team is developing.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Yea I'm in the camp of doing everything you can to take Kelce away. Let the other guys have to show up. Win the LOS like last week and the d will be ok.

I want to see Watson continue to stack games. If he's a problem it will open everything up.

I'm so pumped for tonight and I hate late games. Took off tomorrow and have a pile of beef cheeks on the smoker (they are delicious).

Get this w and run the table. Even if we don't win make it a freaking battle and stay healthy.

GPG

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Dec 2023 12:47
I’d be happy if we can keep the Chiefs under 25. More, we need to score 28 against them. I keep saying this, but we need to be plus on the turnovers. If we don’t, there’s no way we win this game. Chiefs > Lions. If we do win, then we need to consider how well this team is developing.
While I tend to agree they are better then the lions they haven't shown that this season. Lions beat them and have the better record.

Now chiefs could hit stride at anytime but the packers that beat the lions last week absolutely can beat this version of the chiefs

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Chiefs Offense in 2023
The Chiefs have scored 24+ points in 4 games this year.
The Chiefs have been held to 23 or less points in 7 games this year.

Chiefs Defensein 2023
The Chiefs have allowed their opponent to score 22 or more points in 1 game this year.
The Chiefs have allowed their opponent to score 20 - 21 points in 4 games this year.
The Chiefs have allowed their opponent to score 14- 19 points in 3 games this year.
The Chiefs have allowed their opponent to score 13 or less points in 3 games this year.

The most an opponent has scored on the Chiefs is 24 points (Philly did it)

Just to level set expectations of people going into this game tonight. This Chiefs defense is the strength of their team. Our offense scoring 3 TDs would be the most any offense has done to the Chiefs in 2023.
Yoop wrote:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Oh hell yeah!

IMG_9208.jpeg
IMG_9208.jpeg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 384 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Bogey wrote:
03 Dec 2023 13:33
Oh hell yeah!

IMG_9208.jpeg
Lambeau in the chill

looks like a bit a ol frosty on dem benches, time for the cheek heaters :aok:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

It's likely due to the performance we had on Thanksgiving but I'm feeling oddly good about our chances tonight. Not sure I'm going to call a win for the Packers but we could sneak one past the goalie.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Darnell Savage has been Activated to the Game Day Roster.

He is a go tonight.
Yoop wrote: