Here's Johnny Week 13

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Corey Ballentine is the absolute escense of Here's Johnny.

The dude has so under-the-radar played incredible football. I love his tackling.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

To me, these are the options. Obviously the OL deserves it. :)

lupedafiasco ------------- RB Dillon - Played well, but I thought he could have done more. He should have had a Pacheco like day. But Dillon still has issues keeping his feet going. Tends to stop, lunge and push. Keeping driving those quads!!!
Cdragon ------------------ TE Sims - Had a TD, but it wasn't that special (executed well on a great play call)
packman114 ------------- DB Nixon - Game changing INT. Like MLF said, super smart move to not react when a dude swings at you.
paco ----------------------- OL - I picked them, so they were awesome. Started to have some issues in the 2nd half though. Didn't like them change LT and RG, especially when things were going well.
Yoop ----------------------- WR Heath - Had a few moments, catches and blocks, where he flashed his ability. Had a drop too.
RongoCStarrQB ---------- WR Watson - Someone get this guy some new hammies! Played damn well and that TD was a beaut.
APB ------------------------ TE Kraft - Just sold all around. Love how he's coming around.
lulu ------------------------ QB Love - Jesus, he really is starting to look, dare I say it, special. Not perfect, but he's been damn good.

Bringing it down to expectations, and what my tiny mind could comprehend in the game, My vote is Nixon. Getting that INT based on what he saw on film (and the WR giving up), and the heady move not getting into a fight when a dude tried to start one. Just smart veteran play. He's had his ups and downs this year, but those big plays make him the winner for me this week.

Honorable mention to Love (sorry dude, expectations are up there now), Watson, and Heath.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:25
Corey Ballentine is the absolute escense of Here's Johnny.

The dude has so under-the-radar played incredible football. I love his tackling.
Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:45
Ballentine has to be considered, he had 10 tackles and seemed to always be around the ball
APB wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:52
Another player not getting a lot of attention but shined is Anders Carlson. Dude was clutch. Never a doubt on any of his kicks and the late 48 yarder was stone cold right down the middle with a ton of pressure on him. Great night for the kid after a few weeks of struggles.
Nobody picked these 2, but they would definitely be in the mix had they been. Love the bounce back by Carlson. Someone needs to kick Orzech in the pants and get him to snap better.

Ballentine has been a really pleasant surprise this year.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

It's Nixon or Love.

Sorry, not sorry, but Love.

He beat Mahomes on a national stage, outperforming the superstar in every way, even in luck and maybe destiny.

Nixon's INT was a perfect DB play, but Love performed most every play.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:13
I just witnessed a play that surpassed the 2016 Wildcard Game Hail Mary in Packers lore. This ball was more unlikely. The stakes were higher (4th down consequence vs end of half). The QB was more unlikely. The pressure in his face on his back foot.

Call it stupid. Call it Lucky.

I call it Lovely.

I assume you're referring to the Doubs catch?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:45
Ballentine has to be considered, he had 10 tackles and seemed to always be around the ball
Ballentine's been amazing, but not picked this week.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Yesterday's game convinced me that Love is the future. Cool under pressure, for the most part. Had a few brain farts but all in all, a fantastic performance on a national stage. I can't vote for him, so...

I'm going to go with Dillon. We all know he's not a #1RB so let's not expect him to be Aaron Jones. He ran hard, got what he could behind not great run blocking and did an excellent job in pass protection. He kept the chains and clock moving when it counted.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Wonders of wonders it is far easier to pick out the disappointments than pull out the winner among a ton of great performances.

I'm going with Love. Primetime killer. He made plays under pressure that weren't just desperation throws that hit. They were placed in spots that allowed our guys to make a move after the catch. Excellent stats but it is about him taking command and playing with poise and skill. And he destroyed Collinsworthless narrative.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

I was at the game. The place was rocking the whole game. So shout out to me and my wife and 70k other folks who were as loud as I have ever heard. We also stood almost the whole game. So I would vote for me, but nobody picked me. Just kidding. But it was the funnest game I have ever been to and the atmosphere was just electric.

So I rewatched the game to try and figure out my vote.

It is really tough to pick a player.

I am going to go with Love. He just picked apart the 3rd ranked passing defense with a bunch of rookies and first year receivers. He missed seeing a couple of easy open receivers, but still hit the much more difficult pass. Although i expected him to be good, it was an outstanding performance. And still a bunch of opportunities to improve. The sky is the limit for Love.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Love looked great, as he did last week. I voted for him last time, but now this performance is the bar for him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

We should be expecting this from Love. It is not a surprise.

Few expected Kraft to have this kind of game. My vote is Kraft

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Paco and the OL

This was a damn good D, Love mostly had a lot of time, no sacks, Dillon was going strong, 129 rushing yards and over 5 yards a clip. We seemingly got all our 3rd and shorts running it appeared.

Put a season high on this Chiefs D.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Watson

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

so many legit choices, but the line held up again really really well. If it wasn't for them, we probably wouldn't have so many good choices.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

AmishMafia wrote:
05 Dec 2023 06:55
We also stood almost the whole game.
So you’re the one. 😀 JK

At one point in the game I stepped out into the bowl and soon a guy comes up to me and says “Can you please get these people in front of us to sit down?”

He’s at about row 30. Almost everyone in the stadium is standing. I look at him and say, “Well, we’d have to get about 70,000 other people to sit down and I don’t think I can do that.”

He turned away in disgust.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Bogey wrote:
06 Dec 2023 13:03
AmishMafia wrote:
So you’re the one. 😀 JK

At one point in the game I stepped out into the bowl and soon a guy comes up to me and says “Can you please get these people in front of us to sit down?”

He’s at about row 30. Almost everyone in the stadium is standing. I look at him and say, “Well, we’d have to get about 70,000 other people to sit down and I don’t think I can do that.”

I really really wish the Packers organization would send something to all season ticket holders telling them that standing and making noise is in fact encouraged by the organization. I'm so done with people complaining about fans acting as fans should.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I'd say in the past 10 years pretty much every game i've been too has been awesome. Usually make 1-3 a year and somehow I end up at some great ones lately. Was at Dallas game last year and it was pretty wild compared to everyone outside the stadium before the game started LOL.

But I don't think i've sat for a game in all that time, and neither did anyone else around me. The only game we sat at, at all was a MN game last year just after Christmas and we crushed them. But that was just at halftime.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Madcity_matt wrote:
06 Dec 2023 13:28
Bogey wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:
So you’re the one. 😀 JK

I really really wish the Packers organization would send something to all season ticket holders telling them that standing and making noise is in fact encouraged by the organization. I'm so done with people complaining about fans acting as fans should.
Well it takes 58 years on the list to get season tickets. By the time you get them, you want to sit down. It's an older crowd. A guy in the row in fr I nt of me was in the middle and came and went 6 times during the games. Made all them people scoot out of the way during plays! Now that guy would have ticked me off it was my row. And I would have taken one of his cheese curds for sure.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
06 Dec 2023 17:10
Madcity_matt wrote:
06 Dec 2023 13:28
Bogey wrote:

So you’re the one. 😀 JK

Well it takes 58 years on the list to get season tickets. By the time you get them, you want to sit down. It's an older crowd. A guy in the row in fr I nt of me was in the middle and came and went 6 times during the games. Made all them people scoot out of the way during plays! Now that guy would have ticked me off it was my row. And I would have taken one of his cheese curds for sure.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
finally a reasonable answer to why so many sit more then others at the games, they simply can't stand as long, there older, not everyone is under 50, in fact I'd wager most season ticket holders are not.

people wonder why season ticket holders sell tickets, could it be because they can see more of the game looking at a TV then they get to trying to look over, around and through the forever standing bunch of half drunk screaming loony's in front of them.
ya can still be loud and supportive in the sitting position.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2023 07:21
ya can still be loud and supportive in the sitting position.
But it is widely accepted by vocalists that you can put more power behind your voice while standing than sitting.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto