Week 13 Post Game: Packers 27 Chiefs 19

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 12:44
The throw to Doubs is part skill and part luck in terms of the outcome. But the throw to Watson is spectacular. All projectiles travel on a parabola. He throws it from the 23 and it doesn't even start coming down from its peak until the goal line, and Watson catches it 8-9 yards into the endzone. It was intentionally thrown for Watson to go up and get it. A normal throw would have peaked for height around the 5. The throw had the perfect trajectory and velocity for the situation. And Watson did his part.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 12:34
BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 12:30
APB wrote:
04 Dec 2023 11:02
Boom!

Unless Josiah Daguara decided to light the league on fire this year, I don't see an alternative realistic outcome.
yep, I new there was a reason several of us have said this may be the best group of receivers this team has had since the ice age :rotf:
My point was just we literally don’t have any 3+ year tenured receiving options. 100% of non-running back catches are to first and second year players. I mean we have to lead the league in that category.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Speaking of young receivers:
Per the Elias Sports Bureau, the Packers are the first team in the Super Bowl era to have three rookie tight ends catch a TD pass in a season.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Now that we have the All 22 I think I can see what Love is looking at.
image.png
image.png (200.88 KiB) Viewed 566 times
Ball is about to be out of the hand here. Love sees the rush, sees the safety hits turned toward Watson and ahead from Doubs. Let's it go leading Doubs outside the left hash toward the numbers.

image.png
image.png (191.59 KiB) Viewed 566 times
Safety over Watson seeing Watson cut his route shallow with CB help under (CB signaling as well) cuts his coverage and turns to play the Doubs ball.
image.png
image.png (284.82 KiB) Viewed 566 times
Love leads Doubs away from the middle field safety enough and the boundary safety can't turn and get this in time.

A bit lucky, but I would say a hell of a lot of skill to complete that.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 13:40

Now that we have the All 22 I think I can see what Love is looking at.

image.png
Ball is about to be out of the hand here. Love sees the rush, sees the safety hits turned toward Watson and ahead from Doubs. Let's it go leading Doubs outside the left hash toward the numbers.

image.png

Safety over Watson seeing Watson cut his route shallow with CB help under (CB signaling as well) cuts his coverage and turns to play the Doubs ball.

image.png

Love leads Doubs away from the middle field safety enough and the boundary safety can't turn and get this in time.

A bit lucky, but I would say a hell of a lot of skill to complete that.
Yep and the rush was so heavy that he just chose the WR who was being covered by a LB. Fortunate outcome and Love made the right decision. And that's just how it rolls with good QB's. Things like that tend to work out!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'd prefer the Love Shove in that situation next time.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
04 Dec 2023 12:08
More video desserts...

LOL at Rasheed Walker using some aikido or some &%$@ to lose so badly as to take the pass rusher down with him. :rotf:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 13:49
It was actually a really good play. Both Dillon and the out-breaker at the bottom were wide open for a first down but Jones came in so quick Love just chucked it. I dont think that play was designed to go down the field.

It was a hell of a lucky play because 20 just played to hit the receiver when he could have played the ball and probably swatted it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
Just dump it to AJ Dillon next time. If the LB is going with Doubs, you should know the middle of the field will be WIDE OPEN.

And it was.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Dec 2023 14:19
BF004 wrote:
It was actually a really good play. Both Dillon and the out-breaker at the bottom were wide open for a first down but Jones came in so quick Love just chucked it. I dont think that play was designed to go down the field.

It was a hell of a lucky play because 20 just played to hit the receiver when he could have played the ball and probably swatted it.
Yup. Should have read your post first.

Overall I will give the decision to Love a Negative on this play. It was the wrong decision.

I will give his ball placement a huge Positive though. That was insane based on how much he was back peddling.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

So unlike an earlier play this year that some tried to act was just like the INT to Watson last year with Lazard open underneath, in an attempt to act like it nullifies all criticism of the INT, that 4th down pass to Doubs actually *is* like that play last year.

At the end of the day, all is forgiven if it works. That goes for any call that I otherwise oppose.

I am opposed to low-percentage throws on 4th down.... except for the ones that succeed.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I have a (good) conundrum. As a Packer fan in 2023, I don't really know what to do now.

I started the season just believing that the entire year could become as bad as it can get. And at times, it was that bad. I figured, that's okay. Build the talent and prep for next year. But I could see the talent.

Truth is, there were so many times this team looked like it could hardly keep from tripping over itself. So, we tell ourselves, "Believe. Just believe. The system works."

I was ready to call Guty and tell him to fire MLF. The team looked like chaos. Boy, was I wrong.

Now, after the wins at Detroit and against Kansas City in prime time, I just don't know what to think. That is the conundrum.

I can already hear Salmar telling me to just relax and have fun as a fan. Enjoy whatever unfolds. But I need to think and consider where we are now.

I've come to this. We are in the top half of the league now. I'm not saying that I think we will win the NFC North, or that we claim a playoff spot. (Too early for that.) But we have now shown twice that we can beat the top teams. This is more than "any given Sunday" stuff. The Packers have shown that they can stick together, grow, and put results on the field.

I'm not going to say we win out the remainder of the season. Not yet.

One gage I've always used for real good teams is this. They might not be spectacular. But they normally do what they are supposed to do. And looking at our remaining schedule, if we are at that point, we should win four of them.

We've overcome injuries.
We've overcome very young players.
Our QB has grown leaps and bounds.
Our passing game is explosive by any standard.
We can trust the offense to make big plays more often than not.
I don't understand, but the D has figured out how to get gashed and still keep opponent scores low.
And so on.

I've been willing to believe all season, even in the rough spots. But this is more. I don't know what it is. But it's really good right now. And that's enough - for now.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

We won't win the NFC North. Detroit only have to beat Vikings twice and Bears once to clinch it.

Even so, playoffs are on, and with our recent home playoff record we can make a do with away games. :banana:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

One point I haven't heard mentioned about yesterday. On the first down at the 35 that was pushed back to the 50 after the ejection, did the receiver actually reach the 35? I thought he was short. And if he was, then it would have been (I think) 3rd and 15+ just short of the 50. Anyone else think so, or was I looking at the wrong line?

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

dsr wrote:
04 Dec 2023 20:13
One point I haven't heard mentioned about yesterday. On the first down at the 35 that was pushed back to the 50 after the ejection, did the receiver actually reach the 35? I thought he was short. And if he was, then it would have been (I think) 3rd and 15+ just short of the 50. Anyone else think so, or was I looking at the wrong line?
The receiver's butt was down just past the 35. It was a 1st and 10 play so if he was just short, it would have been 2nd and 16.

- Vince Lombardi

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

[mention]Scott4Pack[/mention]

I started this season with no expectations. I wanted them to keep fighting every game, and to improve over the course of the season. It’s made the losses entertaining and the wins even sweeter. At this point I just keep hope they keep doing both. Playoffs look likely, especially if they keep arcing upwards. Super excited about the future.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

It would be pretty sweet if we end up drawing SF in the playoffs and ruin their season like they ruined ours so many times in the Rodgers Era. It's a new era now. They won't be able to just drop everyone into coverage and make our QB hold it for 13 seconds before getting sacked.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

texas wrote:
04 Dec 2023 21:50
It would be pretty sweet if we end up drawing SF in the playoffs and ruin their season like they ruined ours so many times in the Rodgers Era. It's a new era now. They won't be able to just drop everyone into coverage and make our QB hold it for 13 seconds before getting sacked.
Starting to lean that way.

So what if we draw Detroit first or stars align and we get Atlanta or New Orleans and we win. Have to play them anyways at some point.

Almost rather do it right away while the pressure is lower and they might be a hair more ready to overlook us.

LIS, brand new rivalry post Rodgers and Gute, although the coaches remain. Chance to start a new. Seems like Shanahan owns LaFleur, but I felt like Rodgers always had a weird mental block with SF. LaFleur is nobody's underdog.

Dallas owned us forever, till we finally took them, then we just owned them forever since. I am so ready to flip that switch with SF.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

I don't know what Ballentine's ceiling is, but he had some nice coverage on Kelce in the second clip here:

https://www.packers.com/news/what-you-m ... on-defense
- Vince Lombardi

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
05 Dec 2023 12:22
Ballentine's
Thx for posting that...it's tight coverage and Mahomes was definitely looking his way too. Kudos to Ballantine for that play in the RZ.

However, I would expect a boundary corner to hang with a TE in tight quarters, the CB should have better quicks and change-of-direction
Where Kelce could beat him is by posting up, boxing out /out- jumping him, but that route didn't call for it.

Ballantine is fine as CB depth, but I think GB plans on upgrading that position in 2024 offseason.
IT. IS. TIME