Packers @ Giants GDT: Monday, Dec. 11th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Giants GDT: Monday, Dec. 11th, 7:15 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ New York Giants :giants:
Monday, December 11th, 7:15 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -6.5
Over/Under: 36.5

Stadium

metlife Stadium

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast (ABC)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=14
Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... night-2023
The Green Bay Packers travel east to take on the New York Giants on Monday Night Football.

This is the 31st straight season (1993-2023) that Green Bay has played on MNF.
It is just the third MNF game against the Giants (1982 and 1983, both at New York).
Including the postseason, the Packers have won three of the last four matchups, scoring 30-plus points in two of those victories (31, 38).
Overall, Green Bay leads the series, 34-27-2, including the postseason. The Packers hold an 18-17-2 record as the away team in the series, including winning five of the last seven games at the Giants.
Five of the last seven games between the two teams (including playoffs) have been decided by 14-plus points.
It is only the second time in the last 14 seasons that the Packers have had two MNF games in the same season (2019).
It is the first time since 2008 that Green Bay will play two road MNF games in the same season.
It is just the second time (2019) that Green Bay has multiple Thursday games and multiple Monday games in a single season.
The Packers have won three straight games and four of their last five. The three-game win streak is tied with the Rams and Dolphins for No. 4 in the NFL among active win streaks behind the four-game win streaks of Dallas, Indianapolis and San Francisco.
Green Bay has had at least one three-game winning streak in all five seasons under LaFleur.
In Week 15, the Packers return to Lambeau to play Tampa Bay in what is the second-latest visit by the Buccaneers (Week 17 in 2000).
Weather
image.png
image.png (462.68 KiB) Viewed 832 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Giants 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 07 Dec 2023 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Does anyone know where I can get time delay device so I can time synch the Wayne Larrivee radio play by play broadcast with my DirecTV video line. There's about a 30 second difference. H-E-L-P !!!! I am tired of being annoyed by guys like Buck and Collingsworth, and sometimes even Romo. H-E-L-P !!!! :surrender:

Mod edit: quote of entire OP deleted for page flow

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The only things I worry about is being on the road and having them run it at us because they have no other choice. Without Watson in this one will the offense regress? Overall our pass rush should carry this game and be in their ass like a girbil. I wanna see some forced fumbles.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:04
The only things I worry about is being on the road and having them run it at us because they have no other choice. Without Watson in this one will the offense regress? Overall our pass rush should carry this game and be in their ass like a girbil. I wanna see some forced fumbles.
I'm very excited to see if a guy like Wicks and Reed can step up in Watson's absense. I too was concerned about Wicks in Detroit and low and behold Heath had a huge game.

WRs being out provides opportunity. Now go out there and take it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I'm more worried about regression as the kids start reading the big swing in the media from they stink to they're great. Also the rookie wall might kick in at some point. But they are looking good and should crush the Giants.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:48
I'm more worried about regression as the kids start reading the big swing in the media from they stink to they're great. Also the rookie wall might kick in at some point. But they are looking good and should crush the Giants.
agree, same here, It's hard for players to handle rapid success, and we've seen these youngsters go from dropsies to near perfection in less then a month, my hope is that Lafleur gives them the "success is fleeting" speech and can keep them grounded.

one consolation is that we had such a slow start it may prolong that wall, but for how long, it seems to block a great finish for a lot of rookie seasons.

we've been good at hanging tough now to finish games, hope that continues, ya never want to take a team like the Giants lightly, but I think a 2 score victory is easily possible.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:04
My worry is Barry treats this game like he did the Steelers game and focuses his scheme on stopping the pass. We all saw how that worked out. Barry made Matt Canada look like an offensive genius when he ran it down our throats all day with Barry's light defensive boxes.

The Giants are built very similar on offense. If Barry schemes to stop Tommy f'ing DeVito and those marginal WRs while allowing Saquon to have a big day, I may flip out.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
07 Dec 2023 10:53
God I hope Barry doesn't see this...

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Cdragon wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:48
I'm more worried
APB wrote:
07 Dec 2023 10:33
My worry is
Back in August, I predicted the Packers would be playing meaningful football in December. Well, here we are.
As for your worries gents, that's how you know its meaningful football !

We've heard both MM and MLF talk about the challenges of stacking successes. Apparently that applies to the fan base as well.
Relax gentlemen, this is a talented and well-coached squad and they will take care of business on Monday night.

You have my word on it 8-)

:beer2:
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
07 Dec 2023 10:53
ya WE all saw this coming :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Jones looking good here:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We should win this game. Period.

I hope no one else dies on that metlife turf
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

There is nothing to worry about in this game. These guys suck. We have an advantage in almost every position group.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Dec 2023 18:58
There is nothing to worry about in this game. These guys suck. We have an advantage in almost every position group.
Exactly. Hopefully not a classic let down game. Packers feeling good about themselves right now. Just don't go feeling too good about yourselves.

Love just needs to do his thing with no big mistakes. Run defense just needs to be average. I think we can get after the QB. Special teams cannot screw us over. Don't get 12 penalties. Look for some big plays from Kraft

Packers 27
Giants 10

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I believe the Packers should and will win this matchup.

…but playing on the road in a prime time game against an inferior non-divisional opponent coming off it’s bye week, combined with coming off a huge upset win, is a recipe for a letdown trap game if I’ve ever seen one.

Prepare and execute and everything should be fine. Take any team or matchup for granted and you’re asking to get embarrassed, especially true for this young Packers team.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Are trap games really a thing when you're in a playoff chase? I have to think you are acutely aware of the importance of each game and that you don't overlook a single opponent.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto