Packers @ Giants GDT: Monday, Dec. 11th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Labrev wrote:
07 Dec 2023 20:37
Are trap games really a thing when you're in a playoff chase? I have to think you are acutely aware of the importance of each game and that you don't overlook a single opponent.
You wouldn't think so right, but I believe it happens. Its sort of just human nature. After we win Monday :) Will it be quite as satisfying as a fan as the KC win? Maybe to some but I think we take more pleasure in defying odds and or beating a rival, I think it happens to players too . The one good thing is its on national TV on Monday night. Hopefully that will keep the guys amped/jacked up! :banana:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

I see an upset coming. Just a gut feeling.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packers vs Giants 2010, need a win to stay on track for playoffs

IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Raptorman wrote:
07 Dec 2023 21:46
I see an upset coming. Just a gut feeling.
The Packers are the favorite in this one. Upset not possible.

😜

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

We just need to continue to RUN THE TABLE, MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, and SHUT UP THE ANTI-JORDAN LOVE crowds.

When this happens I may even to be inclined to extend a reversal of thought toward LaCoach and Joe Barry.........but that's still a MAYBE. Gutey ...... not so sure, and GO PACK GO. :clap: :rotf:

Oh by the way ............... based on my observations at the Packers-Chiefs game, there are plenty of Packers fans out there invested in Jordan Love jerseys and signed memorabilia now. This is a compelling transformation that should be celebrated by people that actually care about such things.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 09 Dec 2023 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Some sweet, sweet Giants memories...

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's a little background on the Giants QB, DeVito

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023 ... 14-preview
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

5 keys to beating the Gnats from Packers Wire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... n-week-14/

1) Tackle Saquon Barkley

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Step 2) Crush the QB

some notes on the increased success of the Packers front: Currently # 11 in pressure rate

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/1 ... giants-ol/

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

From Warren Sharp

Green Bay has 24 plays of 30 or more yards, 2nd in the league behind only Miami (29)

The Packers have outscored opponents by 66 points on passing plays this season, 2nd in the NFL.

Green Bay is averaging 2.54 points per drive in the first half over their past five games, 5th in the league.

Green Bay has converted 49.2% of their third downs over that span (3rd in the league)

The Packers are ninth in passing points allowed per game (12.3)

58.2% of the Giants’ set of downs reach third down, the highest rate in the league
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I feel like this meets the eye test. The Packers defense is decent at keeping you out of the end zone, but worst in the league and making teams punt and flipping the field.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

If we play our game without turnovers and penalties we should be successful.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Dec 2023 12:26
GB making progress on the injury report

What's your guess on Jaire playing Monday night ?
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
09 Dec 2023 12:47
Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Dec 2023 12:26
GB making progress on the injury report

What's your guess on Jaire playing Monday night ?
My guess is no.

Alexander talked about how he has played through injuries this year but kept saying how important it is to be 100% with this one.

I think Erik Stokes suits up though.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Starting Right tackle Evan Neal, the 7th pick of the 2022 draft and a building block on a struggling offensive line, will miss another game with an ankle injury.

That's a shame. I'm sure Rashan Gary will send him a get-well soon card.

IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Expected but it still sucks.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

go pak go wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:46
lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:04
The only things I worry about is being on the road and having them run it at us because they have no other choice. Without Watson in this one will the offense regress? Overall our pass rush should carry this game and be in their ass like a girbil. I wanna see some forced fumbles.
I'm very excited to see if a guy like Wicks and Reed can step up in Watson's absense. I too was concerned about Wicks in Detroit and low and behold Heath had a huge game.

WRs being out provides opportunity. Now go out there and take it.
With expectations for this team being as measured as they are this season, it is easy to get excited about backups getting more snaps. Christian Watson's health is going to be a problem. I agree that it is good for guys like Reed and Wicks to get more play time. But imagine for a second if the Packers were Super Bowl contenders this season. And their #1 receiver is on and off the field constantly. As the team grows and the roster gets better, our patience with CWat and his inconsistent health is going to wear thin. I'd consider drafting a WR high- ideally one who has a strong record of health.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Papa John wrote:
09 Dec 2023 15:35
go pak go wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:46
lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:04
The only things I worry about is being on the road and having them run it at us because they have no other choice. Without Watson in this one will the offense regress? Overall our pass rush should carry this game and be in their ass like a girbil. I wanna see some forced fumbles.
I'm very excited to see if a guy like Wicks and Reed can step up in Watson's absense. I too was concerned about Wicks in Detroit and low and behold Heath had a huge game.

WRs being out provides opportunity. Now go out there and take it.
With expectations for this team being as measured as they are this season, it is easy to get excited about backups getting more snaps. Christian Watson's health is going to be a problem. I agree that it is good for guys like Reed and Wicks to get more play time. But imagine for a second if the Packers were Super Bowl contenders this season. And their #1 receiver is on and off the field constantly. As the team grows and the roster gets better, our patience with CWat and his inconsistent health is going to wear thin. I'd consider drafting a WR high- ideally one who has a strong record of health.
I could definitely be on board with that. I am a best player available guy other than QB. Best player available can be manipulated with trading up or down of course. :aok: Running back would be nice in the middle rounds too. Can we find the next Aaron Jones???? :idn:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
09 Dec 2023 15:24
Expected but it still sucks.

Jaire downgraded to Out today.

Read More. Post Less.