Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

What happened with Jaire? Seeing a bunch of Twitter chatter about an interview he gave on Friday and that it appears he wants out…? Or something?

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:
09 Dec 2023 20:07
What happened with Jaire? Seeing a bunch of Twitter chatter about an interview he gave on Friday and that it appears he wants out…? Or something?
It seems to be pure speculation from an attention-starved radio jock:

https://wisportsheroics.com/green-bay-p ... -ellerson/
However, one local radio host, ESPN Milwaukee’s Gary Ellerson, thinks Alexander’s behavior is saying that the star cornerback doesn’t want to be with the team anymore.

During the show, Ellerson talked about how he thinks that Alexander wants out of Green Bay.

“I don’t think Jaire Alexander wants to be around in Green Bay anymore. That’s what it feels like to me. Move on. I want the guys that want to be here, to play here.”

This comes on the heels of a press session in the locker room where Alexander was up to his usual antics. However, nothing seemed out of the ordinary for the star cornerback. He was decked out in lots of colors which is not uncommon for Alexander. He spoke positively about the team and how his rehab was going. Ellerson indicates that this behavior screams he wants to move on. The radio host goes on to encourage the Packers to move him and stick with Carrington Vallentine and Corey Ballentine.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jaire has been WEIRD with the media basically all season. I’m not sure what got it to a place like that, but I think his comments are more to do with him just saying goofy things to the media or just outright lying than anything based in reality. He may have come to hate GB, but I wouldn’t use whatever hes said so far by his locker to confirm that.

Essentially he said he wasn’t going to play unless he’s 100%. But he also said he was going to lie in the interview.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

See. He said he was going to lie.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

He is understandably frustrated. He wants to play and cannot.

Talk about moving on with the rookies is foolish. Stokes is a better option, but the Packers are primed for a SB run next season. They need Alexander

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I am not going to pretend I will ever know what is going on in Jaw's mind.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I don't think this is any more than Jaire thinks the media is ridiculous at times and he's just messing with them and fans that hang on their every word.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'am sure he wants to play, if nothing more then to keep his value up, he doesn't fit into Barry's defense, healthy he can be a lock down shut down CB, and take away any teams best receiver, why would he be happy sitting in some deep cushion zone scheme.
so imho one or the other isn't here next season.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The Athletic has an article up on new WR Malik Heath and his troubled background and journey to the NFL
He has become the Packers new Enforcer, taking on the role that Lazard previously held

"Malik Heath, at 213 pounds, leveled 269-pound edge rusher Khalil Mack with a chip block to help give quarterback Jordan Love enough time on third-and-20 from the Packers’ 15-yard line to target wideout Dontayvion Wicks, who drew a defensive pass interference penalty that extended the eventual game-winning drive against the Chargers.

“That block in particular was really cool, just for a receiver to be able to block an outside backer like that,” Love said. “We give credit to where it’s due, and it was definitely due on that play. There’s plenty of other cases where I’ve seen Malik fight … digging DBs out, linebackers, different guys. He’s been doing a great job in the blocking game.”

Heath dropped a pass against Kansas City that would’ve gained about 15 yards on first-and-10 with the Packers just inside Chiefs territory, looking to extend their 5-point lead in the fourth quarter. Three plays later, though, he caught a pass from Love short of the sticks on second-and-10 and broke cornerback Jaylen Watson’s ankles before stretching the play for 15 yards and thrusting his arm forward again.

“Ironically, that’s something that we talked about in the team meeting room today,” LaFleur said the day after beating the Chiefs. “It was really good to see somebody respond from some negative adversity and make a critical play in that game. I know it’s just a simple 6-yard route, but to take that and make somebody miss and turn it up the sideline … that was a pretty cool moment. He always demonstrates some pretty good emotion after he catches the football.”

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

2023 Packers Roster in photos- see how many of these guys you recognize before looking at their jersey #

https://www.packers.com/photos/packers- ... fc6f2e72d6

IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I guessed either Orzich or Pearson because he's white and I don't recognize him. :idn:

But it ended up being a guy I hadn't even heard of. So that's cool.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:43
Because it's endemic to the organization, just like the Bears having bad quarterbacks. The Packers don't understand what makes good D. Coordinators therefore they can't identify and hire them.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 Dec 2023 23:05
paco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:43
Because it's endemic to the organization, just like the Bears having bad quarterbacks. The Packers don't understand what makes good D. Coordinators therefore they can't identify and hire them.
I’m not sure what players we are talking about. Jaire was out this game. Quay was out this game. Gary was just straight up bad today. I assure you Barry isn’t telling the players to abandon their rush lanes up front. These are bad players in the field.

And I want Barry up out of here as well. Gotta call a spade a spade. The defensive players aren’t very good.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Awesome...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Did anyone catch them talking about our left tackle situation? 63 started the game, 73 played some on the middle and 63 finished the game. Anyone see that? If Bak isn't able to go, we gotta use the LT on the future.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

TheSkeptic wrote:
10 Dec 2023 03:14
Talk about moving on with the rookies is foolish. Stokes is a better option, but the Packers are primed for a SB run next season. They need Alexander
They do need a healthy Alexander. At least the one I remember from last year.

I hope your right about the superbowl run because today that feels like its 2 years away.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Breaking the third round curse??

:worship: