Packers @ Giants GDT: Monday, Dec. 11th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Watson is sorely missed but I’m not sure how Watson changed the outcome of this specific game. It’s not gonna change Love throwing some atrocious passes or force the refs to call holding.

This team is playing like the pressure of being favorites is upon them. At this point it’s been written. They play down to their competition.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 20:51
Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 20:49
BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 20:48
D been mostly really good, but wanna see them make some impact plays here, couple of sacks and a turnover or two.
Play to force mistakes from Devito. Blitz him. Play more tight man or tight zone. Don't be afraid of the big play.
We’ve only given up 7 points and they had great field position a lot. I think the patient approach has worked. It’s made devito beat us over and over (which he hasn’t) instead of just giving up something big on the back end.

I have no qualms with the defense
I don't have any qualms either. I still want the things I suggested.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
I kinda hate Monday night games, almost as much as I hate Thursday nights :?
I know.

Remember when MNF was absolutely THE GAME?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Working. Trying to catch up. Is it that windy? Some very ugly flutter balls by Love. Hard to defend him on the pick. Hopefully he starts letting it rip. Looks like accuracy a problem again. Defense good enough, but offense in general kind of sad.

Gotta get it going 2nd half. Damn I will be pissed if they lose this. NO excuse.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 20:50
This is why it’s nice to be playing some awful teams down the stretch, but “winning the division” does not seem like an appropriate goal to me.

Tons of 7 loss teams at our heals. Just getting in with such a young group will be an awesome goal
My goal all year was to win a playoff game. Always thought that was about an optimistic as was plausible.

Young team after some big huge wins. Road games always tough. Be interesting to see how this teams handles this adversity here.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 20:48
D been mostly really good, but wanna see them make some impact plays here, couple of sacks and a turnover or two.
Play to force mistakes from Devito. Blitz him. Play more tight man or tight zone. Don't be afraid of the big play.
We’ve only given up 7 points and they had great field position a lot. I think the patient approach has worked. It’s made devito beat us over and over (which he hasn’t) instead of just giving up something big on the back end.

Been this problem with the fans all year. Blame Barry while he keeps points down and the offense can’t do anything.

This defense has actually done a great job at keeping opposing QBs worse than Love which at times has been an incredible feat.

I have been on the Love train for a few weeks but I think it’s important to call players out on playing like &%$@.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 20:55
Watson is sorely missed but I’m not sure how Watson changed the outcome of this specific game. It’s not gonna change Love throwing some atrocious passes or force the refs to call holding.

This team is playing like the pressure of being favorites is upon them. At this point it’s been written. They play down to their competition.
Accurate through one half of football. Let’s see where this goes from here.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 20:57
Drj820 wrote:
This is why it’s nice to be playing some awful teams down the stretch, but “winning the division” does not seem like an appropriate goal to me.

Tons of 7 loss teams at our heals. Just getting in with such a young group will be an awesome goal
My goal all year was to win a playoff game. Always thought that was about an optimistic as was plausible.

Young team after some big huge wins. Road games always tough. Be interesting to see how this teams handles this adversity here.
I still think talent is gonna win out and we will secure this win
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Need to find a way to win this. Today's lesson and test looks like it will be how does Love respond after a bad half.

We will not go undefeated against these teams we should beat. We are young and as great as these last few games have been we are a 6-6 team.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I just can't even imagine how it would feel to be a Giants fan right now.

Like, we all see the Packers' offense just playing like absolute garbage. Sloppy penalties on STs. Two turnovers, no takeaways. Flutterballs. Drops.

And the Packers are winning. Like... goodness, how bad can your talent be; and yeah, backup QB. But like, geez.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Been this problem with the fans all year. Blame Barry while he keeps points down and the offense can’t do anything.

This defense has actually done a great job at keeping opposing QBs worse than Love which at times has been an incredible feat.

I have been on the Love train for a few weeks but I think it’s important to call players out on playing like &%$@.
Don’t think anyone is blaming Barry or the D.… like at all :idn:

At least not in the quoted posts.

If anything seeming like we are both putting more on the D’s plate to go win this for us.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I want to know what the excuse is. Is the wind really playing that big of a role or is he in his own head.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Love to me looked scared from the first play, like he knew this defense was going to blitz the hell out of us and he was antsy.

The gameplan on O also reflects fear of the blitz/pass-rush, with lots of plays designed to get the ball out very quickly, which is probably sensible, but we need to find some way to exploit their aggression, make them pay.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 20:59
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I still think talent is gonna win out and we will secure this win
I’m very content with an ugly road win for a young team coming off the Lions and Chiefs games.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I see no evidence of strong wind from anything on the field that should be swirling in strong wind

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So much for being more disciplined coming out of the half. Lucky the refs suck

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Love that no-call

Like we're lucky. Normally they flag that every time.

But Nixon was turning his body away and crouching as DeVito slid into him.

It's gonna get called and by the letter it could have been. But he was really not TRYING to hit him

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This run d is awesome

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Oh wow, the officiating expert guy agreed with the no-call! Didn't see that coming

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

$%@# MORON! Just go down!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."