General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
31 Aug 2020 12:15
My wife was just doing a fantasy mock draft and they (Yahoo I think) had Aaron Jones rated a 3rd round pick, not even a top 10 RB. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm insanely bullish on Jones this year, I think his role in the passing game is going to blow up. Is this just because they drafted Dillon?
that just makes no sense to me either, imo the only reason we didn't use Jones more as a receiver threat was do to installs, we used up the installs MLF designed for him, I expect that would have been remedy'd at least to some degree this off season even with covid limiting the installs, how does a 1500 yrd RB drop to a 3rd round pick, thats just goofy :lol:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
31 Aug 2020 17:47
that just makes no sense to me either, imo the only reason we didn't use Jones more as a receiver threat was due to installs, we used up the installs MLF designed for him, I expect that would have been remedy'd at least to some degree this off season even with covid limiting the installs, how does a 1500 yrd RB drop to a 3rd round pick, thats just goofy
Things changed a bit when some DCs started using a DB on Jones instead of a LB. He had quite a few games with limited catches and the writers mentioned the change in match-ups as one reason for limited output in the passing game. Also, MLF told Jamaal Williams to work on being more explosive in the passing game as part of his offseason homework- so maybe more RB catches are on the horizon in 2020.
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Its September...and betting lines are out for the opener at minny. The Packers are getting 3.5 which is fantastic
Divisional game and the Packers were just there in December, running away with a 23-10 win at the ugly-dome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPecODS32LE
I suspect there will be some sloppy play and poor reffing, but I sincerely hope that MLF has his players ready for the fumble-punching assault the vikes unleashed last time around. I like the Packers in this one as MLF keeps his NFC North winning streak intact
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
01 Sep 2020 10:47
Its September...and betting lines are out for the opener at minny. The Packers are getting 3.5 which is fantastic
Divisional game and the Packers were just there in December, running away with a 23-10 win at the ugly-dome

I suspect there will be some sloppy play and poor reffing, but I sincerely hope that MLF has his players ready for the fumble-punching assault the vikes unleashed last time around. I like the Packers in this one as MLF keeps his NFC North winning streak intact
No any one person had an amazing block, other than maybe MVS. Bak maybe got a way with a little hold, but also would have been a ticky tack call as well, IMO.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:

Hmmm, I'll take it with a 10-point teaser.... IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

Packers by double digits; I am more confident about this than I have been about an opener in a long time.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Sep 2020 11:25
BSA wrote:

Hmmm, I'll take it with a 10-point teaser.... IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

Packers by double digits; I am more confident about this than I have been about an opener in a long time.
Agreed. I really think this one has all the makings of an "unexpected crushing" from the national media perspective and then everyone writing how Rodgers is back. The Pack wasn't a fluke etc.

I think we outman MN at every position group except ILB and maybe safety. Safety is damn close and ILB isn't anywhere near the gap it was last year.

The only thing that gives me pause is the complete unkown of this year's week 1 and how Yannick does against Billy Turner (which could be bad).
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
01 Sep 2020 11:39
The only thing that gives me pause is the complete unkown of this year's week 1 and how Yannick does against Billy Turner (which could be bad).
correct.

I guess also, a steady diet of Dalvin Cook can slow our role.

But I genuinely don't think their secondary can cover us, and if Rodgers is as efficient and willing to take conversions and checkdowns as he has been in camp and was in Sunday's scrimmage, instead of pressing the chunk play against elite safeties, I think we'll score on 5 or 6 of 7 or 9 possessions. Some only FGs obvi, but still.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

$%@#!!

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Well, drat.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Can we reasonably assume a scope and a 4-6 weeks timetable?

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well hell.

Of all the possible missing starters, to maybe only be down Ricky Wagner and Kamal Martin, knock on wood. Count your blessings I guess.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
02 Sep 2020 09:42
Well hell.

Of all the possible missing starters, to maybe only be down Ricky Wagner and Kamal Martin, knock on wood. Count your blessings I guess.
Don't forget our other "starter", Montravious Adams. Yeah, all things considered, and again, knock on wood, this is the best shape we will come out of training camp in many years.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
02 Sep 2020 09:36
just got a notification from the NFL app saying 6-8 weeks for a meniscus :evil:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Sep 2020 10:07
NCF wrote:
02 Sep 2020 09:36
just got a notification from the NFL app saying 6-8 weeks for a meniscus :evil:
And those things can give trouble beyond the coming back from surgery.

Also are they repairing it or removing it? I would guess with the 2 month outlook we are looking at a repair as I believe removal is a shorter turn around, but not as good for the long term.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

And I was so excited about that ILB group.

Son of a gun we have horrible luck at that spot.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The blow wouldn't be as bad if we knew we had Raven Greene. But he has also sat out of practice the last week and his injury history is honestly at Justin Harrell level right now.
Yoop wrote:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Greene hurt
Bolten. Still hasnt practiced
Burks. Hurt and hasnt shown a thing

Summers gets his shot I guess

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/297 ... -six-weeks

Espn article on Martin.

Quite a shame we have to be this upset about a rookie 5th rounder missing time in year one. Shows what kind of shape the position is in.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Sep 2020 12:23

Espn article on Martin.

Quite a shame we have to be this upset about a rookie 5th rounder missing time in year one. Shows what kind of shape the position is in.
If the rookie is showing real promise regardless of where they came from, why is it a shame that we are upset? The guy has shown he can compete for a starting spot. His draft position doesn't mean much. It is a shame we will lose a potential starter for a few months.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Sep 2020 14:29
Drj820 wrote:
02 Sep 2020 12:23

Espn article on Martin.

If the rookie is showing real promise regardless of where they came from, why is it a shame that we are upset? The guy has shown he can compete for a starting spot. His draft position doesn't mean much. It is a shame we will lose a potential starter for a few months.
oh its not a shame that we are upset we lost him. Im saying putting ourselves in a position to have to rely on and expect a 5th round rookie, with no preseason, to save us early in the season is sort of a shameful position to find ourselves in.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23