Packers @ Giants GDT: Monday, Dec. 11th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:44
Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:40
Cmon guys am I the only one who is angry at Lafleur? Abandoning the run, wr reverses, the two pt conversion play, and no clock management at the end has me pissed!

I mean it took a miracle catch to even score!
You are not alone here. MLF was terrible on that last drive.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jordan Love was an idiot and fumbled unnecessarily in FG range
Saquon Barkley fumbled unnecessarily in FG range

Nixon fumbled a punt return
Giants fumbled a punt return

Carlson missed a FG
Giants missed a FG

The key difference in the game was the Giants scored a TD on the Packers punt fumble whereas the Packers had to settle for a FG
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:49
v
BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:39
lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:34

In my opinion, which I suspect will be unpopular, if you give up 3 turnovers and give up just 24 points… that’s not that bad.
And they completely gifted us a fumble in FG range, like we didn’t even touch him, and missed a FG.

So 30 to 34 points. Against the 32nd offense in football. They average like 12 points a game.

But sure, go on another Love rampage, we’ve heard it before, I’m sure we’ll hear it dozen more times. Albeit justified, just blinding yourself of all issues i feel like. This D is simply sub par.
The D allowed a winning point threshold given 3 turnovers. Love was awful tonight. Point blank. There’s no defending it. I’ve actually supported Love the last few weeks.

This is why I’ve said repeatedly that I believe Packers fans are one of the dumbest fan bases across the league. They’re incapable of being objective. The offense and special teams lost this game and it honestly starts with Love.

Lafluer schemed guys open. Love didn’t hit them or made bad choices.
I know you supported Love recently. You went from Love was a garbage QB and needs to be replaced to a franchise QB to a garbage QB who needs to be replaced in a span of literally 29 days. Within a month. And you think our D played good.

How is one to take you seriously?

Yes Love played bad, could it be possible to tone down the roller coaster? Cause right now I look very right saying give him a chance in October, saying let’s calm down on the hype in November, and let’s just give it some time. Just makes you look wrong, a lot.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
v
BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:39

And they completely gifted us a fumble in FG range, like we didn’t even touch him, and missed a FG.

So 30 to 34 points. Against the 32nd offense in football. They average like 12 points a game.

But sure, go on another Love rampage, we’ve heard it before, I’m sure we’ll hear it dozen more times. Albeit justified, just blinding yourself of all issues i feel like. This D is simply sub par.
The D allowed a winning point threshold given 3 turnovers. Love was awful tonight. Point blank. There’s no defending it. I’ve actually supported Love the last few weeks.

This is why I’ve said repeatedly that I believe Packers fans are one of the dumbest fan bases across the league. They’re incapable of being objective. The offense and special teams lost this game and it honestly starts with Love.

I know you supported Love recentlyz You went from Love was a garbage QB and needs to be replaced to a franchise QB to a garbage QB who needs to be replaced in a span of literally 29 days. Within a month. And you think our D played good.

That’s literally how Love has played. The defense ironically has continued to play well enough to win games.

Unironically Love is an inconsistent QB who just can’t carry a team.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Like yeah, it’s gunna be inconsistent. Youngest receiving core literally ever, Watson out, Wicks out, Musgrave out, Bakhtiari out, Jones out, our QBs first year.

Why do we need to judge his 2025 contract today? It’s okay to just watch the ride a little and give this all some time, it’s surely more enjoyable.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Considering you edited, we do not have time to be wrong. We have 4 games left on the season. We need to be sure Love is the guy now. What I saw tonight? Hell no. Hell $%@# no. The accuracy was bad. The wobblers down field were really bad. You just don’t see top 10 caliber QBs throwing ducks like that.

I think most fans will consider a few drops by Love. I thought lost of the night he made things significantly harder.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:53
BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
v

I know you supported Love recentlyz You went from Love was a garbage QB and needs to be replaced to a franchise QB to a garbage QB who needs to be replaced in a span of literally 29 days. Within a month. And you think our D played good.

That’s literally how Love has played. The defense ironically has continued to play well enough to win games.

You've been eagerly waiting almost a month to say this, haven't you?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
v

I’m sorry, but that’s just such a bad take.

Love did not have a good game by any means. He did, however, come through when it mattered; when the game was on the line. He drove them down the field, made some very nice throws, and put it in the end zone.

Your obsession with condemning him for every mistake is comical. There’s no middle ground for you. He sucks…until he’s a franchise QB…until he sucks again.

Why is it so hard for you to grasp he’s a first year starter, playing with a ton of inexperienced receivers, and there will be ups and downs. Tonight was a down. You live with it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Matt Lafleur should be left in New Jersey

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The game was so close throughout that there was no reason to ever abandon the run. It was perfectly acceptable to run the ball, punt, play field position.

We continued to ask Love to win the game, all throughout the game, when it was obvious he was off tonight.

This is poor coaching. Read the room.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 23:00
Meh.

Had Love not played so poorly the first 3 qtrs, the game wouldn’t have been lost.

Yes, all those WR runs were excessive and he did derail several of his own drives with stupid “cute” calls at inopportune times but I’m not gonna hang him out to dry. I also agree on him unnecessarily abandoning the run game…and I don’t mean more WR end runs!

Not his best effort by any means but this young team played like it tonight.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:59
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Love did not have a good game by any means. He did, however, come through when it mattered; when the game was on the line. He drove them down the field, made some very nice throws, and put it in the end zone.

Your obsession with condemning him for every mistake is comical. There’s no middle ground for you. He sucks…until he’s a franchise QB…until he sucks again.

Why is it so hard for you to grasp he’s a first year starter, playing with a ton of inexperienced receivers, and there will be ups and downs. Tonight was a down. You live with it.
That is where the Packers have put him. Not my
Fault they put him on the edge of a decision. This is the same situation the Giants were a year ago where a QB looked good enough to maybe help you be sadly
You get stuck in the Andy Dalton range of QBs where they’re good enough to be competitive but never amount to anything because he’s an average QB you’ll have to overpay for.

This was a game Love should have carried.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Okay I’m done ranting about Lafleur.

Just feels like we’ve lost 7 games and only 2 of them we just got out talented and outplayed from top to bottom.

Literally 5 losses have been close enough to where the coaching matters and has had a direct impact on wins and losses, and I feel we’ve had the worst coaching performance in 5 of those games.

He’s also coached some great games during this win streak. I just wonder where his own inconsistency comes from. He’s not young like his players.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:59
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

:clap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
11 Dec 2023 23:05
Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 23:00
Meh.

Had Love not played so poorly the first 3 qtrs, the game wouldn’t have been lost.

Yes, all those WR runs were excessive and he did derail several of his own drives with stupid “cute” calls at inopportune times but I’m not gonna hang him out to dry. I also agree on him unnecessarily abandoning the run game…and I don’t mean more WR end runs!

Not his best effort by any means but this young team played like it tonight.
I’m being dramatic, somewhat.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:57
Considering you edited, we do not have time to be wrong. We have 4 games left on the season. We need to be sure Love is the guy now. What I saw tonight? Hell no. Hell $%@# no. The accuracy was bad. The wobblers down field were really bad. You just don’t see top 10 caliber QBs throwing ducks like that.

I think most fans will consider a few drops by Love. I thought lost of the night he made things significantly harder.
Yah, obviously it was bad today. Questions I can’t answer are why? Footwork, miscommunication, just gaffes, hand get injured, WRs running bad routes? All? Some? More some than others?

Just needs to play out, been a lot of great and a lot of bad. Can we make this work? I simply don’t know. You were more confident than I was.. checks watch.. 4 hours ago.

If you are so unbelievably quick to write off a qb after 13 games, pretty baffled how you can be so content with a defense giving up over 200 yards rushing… again, 6th time this year? In 13 games? And today to literally the worst offense in football, and they should have gotten 30-34 easy.

Yeah, we don’t have time to be wrong on that either. We have been wrong for too long and it’s contributed to us not winning super bowls.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Love was the worst I’ve ever seen him for 3 quarters. He was so bad I’m just gonna burn the tape and chalk this one up as an outlier.

Maybe he missed Jones and Watson. Maybe Lafleur didn’t prepare him for the game. Maybe he had the flu. Maybe the New York lights were too bright. Maybe an actual good DC (wink martendale) scrambled his vision. Whatever it was, i don’t care.

I’m not holding this against him unless I see it again.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote: This was a game Love should have carried.
Don’t disagree with you there. I’m just not willing to completely forget what he did the past month because he had a bad couple of bad quarters of play tonight.

By the way, you could say the same for Mahomes last week.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 23:06
Okay I’m done ranting about Lafleur.

Just feels like we’ve lost 7 games and only 2 of them we just got out talented and outplayed from top to bottom.

Literally 5 losses have been close enough to where the coaching matters and has had a direct impact on wins and losses, and I feel we’ve had the worst coaching performance in 5 of those games.

He’s also coached some great games during this win streak. I just wonder where his own inconsistency comes from. He’s not young like his players.
When you have young players mistakes happen. He isn't the one out there throwing picks, missing tackles and fumbling. However. His biggest gaff was not running more when his QB was having an off night and falling in love with that WR reverse of his.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I honestly think it was the opposite of a game Love should have felt like he needed to carry.

Demand Love carry the game when we play a bad defense and we are in a shoot out. Can he keep up? Can he keep throwing and completing first downs? That’s what we need him to do in games that’s required.

All we needed in this one was to not turn the ball over. Several units could have been expected to grab the win for us. Dillon? yes. Defense with 9 first rounders? absolutely. Head coach? Ya.

There were a million paths to beating a 4 win giants team. Most of them revolved around seeing Love was off and just protecting him and finding another way to win. There were plenty of paths.