Week 14 Post-Game: Giants-24 Packers-22

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The problem with this team is that Lafleur has always told us with his lips that he wants to run the ball.

When that did not happen with Rodgers at QB, we blamed Rodgers and said he was either changing plays at the LOS or demanding we throw because he was "bored".

But now Rodgers is gone, we are missing WR1, TE1, and multiple other receivers throughout the game, and the QB is obviously off....and we still abandon the run!

The Packers D did a pretty good job stopping the traditional run plays of the Giants until the 4th quarter last night. The Giants still took pressure off their QB and committed to running.

Lafleur saying with his lips he wants to run, and then not having the patience for it, or the toughness for it is the problem.

He needs to say "this team WILL establish the run". That way when it struggles at first, the team knows they better get mean and get it right, instead of just waiting to throw the ball because they know Lafleur will give up.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Reed - right end 20 TD - left end 3 - right end 20 - left end -1 - 2 pt left end fail

Too many end around and jets when their defense was all about penetration and not over pursuit after the first TD...

1st and 10 - Dillon no gain
pass pass punt
------------
1st and 10 - Dillon 4 yards
2nd and 6 - Dillon no gain
pass pass 1st down
------------
1st and 10 - Dillon 1 yard
2nd and 9 - Reed TD
------------
1st and 10 - Taylor 16 yards
------------
1st and 10 - Dillon 5 yards
2nd and 5 - Dillon 3 yards
3rd and 2 - Love run fumble
------------
1st and 10 - Dillon 4 yards
2nd and 6 - pass 1st down
------------
1st and 10 - Dillon 3 yards
2nd and 7 - Dillon pass -10
Pass Punt
------------
1st and 10 - Taylor 5 yards
2nd and 2 - Taylor 7 yards
------------
1st and 10 - Taylor 4 yards
2nd and 6 - Pass 1st down
------------
1st and 10 - Dillon 8 yards
2nd an 2 - Dillon 1 yard
3nd and 1 - Dillon 5 yards

All the first down runs and the set of downs result. 10 first down runs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah a switch was flipped in the 4th quarter. His balls were right spirals and accurate. He also always went to the right guy for the exception of the Malik Heath TD. Like Jayden Reed was WIDE OPEN. :lol:

So as bad as he was in the first 3 quarters, Jordan, outside of the ATL game, seems to bring it in the 4th quarter
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Was looking like possibly Wyatt’s best game till he got hurt.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's crazy that the opposing team got over 200 yards rushing and your top performers are:

DE
DE
DT
ILB
DE/OLB
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

This game had so many weird plays. The ball looked like it was dowsed in chicken cutlet oil on camera. We really had no business winning with all the mistakes made, but Love scored a TD when it counted. Shame the D was so lousy on the last 2 drives, but got to tip the cap to DeVito, he played well.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Dec 2023 09:28
The problem with this team is that Lafleur has always told us with his lips that he wants to run the ball.

When that did not happen with Rodgers at QB, we blamed Rodgers and said he was either changing plays at the LOS or demanding we throw because he was "bored".

But now Rodgers is gone, we are missing WR1, TE1, and multiple other receivers throughout the game, and the QB is obviously off....and we still abandon the run!

The Packers D did a pretty good job stopping the traditional run plays of the Giants until the 4th quarter last night. The Giants still took pressure off their QB and committed to running.

Lafleur saying with his lips he wants to run, and then not having the patience for it, or the toughness for it is the problem.

He needs to say "this team WILL establish the run". That way when it struggles at first, the team knows they better get mean and get it right, instead of just waiting to throw the ball because they know Lafleur will give up.
I am not disagreeing with your point, but with Jones out and Dillon less than 100%, their hands are pretty tied with what they can do. That’s a room in need of some new faces for next season.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Love was missing playmakers but I don’t see what that is to do with Love missing players wide open not even 10 yards down the field. His ball placement last night was horrendous.

Again we saw him underthrowing the deep ball last night. He reverted back to a bottom 10 QB last night.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

In hindsight, I think this was a good loss. Playing like dog &%$@ and sneaking out of there with a win probably wasn’t the lesson this young team needed. You play like &%$@, you lose. That is how the NFL works.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Another thing we have seen from LaFleur is he just doesn’t make adjustments in games where his plan fails. He clearly had plans for all these end arounds and it worked early but the Giants adjusted and &%$@ it down completely.

They kept running it and getting not much success and for that to be your 2 Pt play was beyond stupid. Just an atrocious decision by LaFleur to make that the play. Idk if he ran something else it would have worked but that specific play when it had been shown to the defense already so many times and hadn’t gotten much success was stupid.

He needs to start finding ways to make adjustments in game. He sticks to his game plan way too much and sometimes the other team just has a counter. You’ve gotta counter back.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
12 Dec 2023 12:20
In hindsight, I think this was a good loss. Playing like dog &%$@ and sneaking out of there with a win probably wasn’t the lesson this young team needed. You play like &%$@, you lose. That is how the NFL works.
I disagree. I think this team needed to learn that even when they play had they can battle back and win. They played like &%$@ start to finish in all three phases.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Dec 2023 12:23
Another thing we have seen from LaFleur is he just doesn’t make adjustments in games where his plan fails. He clearly had plans for all these end arounds and it worked early but the Giants adjusted and &%$@ it down completely.

They kept running it and getting not much success and for that to be your 2 Pt play was beyond stupid. Just an atrocious decision by LaFleur to make that the play. Idk if he ran something else it would have worked but that specific play when it had been shown to the defense already so many times and hadn’t gotten much success was stupid.

He needs to start finding ways to make adjustments in game. He sticks to his game plan way too much and sometimes the other team just has a counter. You’ve gotta counter back.
Not particularly true for the Jets/End Arounds:
right end 20 TD
left end 3
right end 20
left end -1
2 pt left end fail

The end around on the 2 point was beyond stupid, agreed. The Giants had caught on and in that situation there are too many defenders packed too close to the LoS.

As for LaFleur and not adjusting... Being one of the best 3rd quarter offenses in the league might throw some water on that. Of course, being one of the worst first half teams might point to something else.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Dec 2023 12:24
NCF wrote:
12 Dec 2023 12:20
I disagree. I think this team needed to learn that even when they play had they can battle back and win. They played like &%$@ start to finish in all three phases.
They already learned you can play like sh*t and battle back vs the Saints. So they know they can do it.

The offense was great on its final 3 drives, minus two screw ups by players. The offense sucked the first 3 quarters.

MLF screwed the first two 4th quarter drives by doing WR sweeps when the ball was moving and we got in the EZ on the final drive. Reed also lost the ball and Love threw too late to Toure
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i dont like any play that requires so much time spent in the backfield while the O is finally moving forward, unless it is just a complete surprise. Do it once and be done. Remember the busted trick play.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Too many off throws.

A stat showed yesterday that love has the most off target throws of any qb in the nfl -

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I think MLF has been good but I didn't see the benefit of using timeouts at the end how he did.

I thought it would have been better to let the clock run which maybe took away one more run and use the timeout to play with the Giants kicker at the end.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
12 Dec 2023 02:34
This stuff happens with a young team like ours. Should have been able to blow these guys out, it really was a team effort in finding a way to lose.

This will cool down the Love franchise QB talk I suppose; some of those 1st half throws were probably worse throws than any Rodgers has ever made. But I still expect him to continue to improve and be the franchise QB we are all hoping, he just isn't there yet.

As disappointing as he played (and he did enough to win, he was just disappointing based on his recent play), the defense really let us down. They couldn't stop NYG in the 2nd half at all, they just moved the ball at will on us, with no-name Devito no less (who btw is annoying af, I hate that guy, idk why (probably because he beat us with dumb QB runs that don't require any talent)). I'm probably the biggest Barry defender around (by merely taking the stance that he shouldn't be fired), and I am scratching my head about that game. NYG sucks ass and we lost to them. Yuck.
I think you should reassess your stance on Barry. Even without Jaire, Stokes and Quay we have enough good players on that side of the ball who shouldn't allow a terrible NYG team run roughshod over us like countless other teams have.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »