Week 14 Post-Game: Giants-24 Packers-22

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Dec 2023 12:21
There are pieces on the team that can be used to move the chains. Just gotta be more creative than 6 end arounds to a wr.
I think it was only 5, one was a pitch. Totally different.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

It still amazes me Lafleur thought the best way to score was to go 8 yards horizontally instead of 2 yards vertically.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2023 12:47
He owes Joe Barry a Christmas card.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow, come on, has it occurred to you guys that Lafleur and also the O coaches had a ton of rookies to also coach up, or that some coaches don't scheme up tush pushing except past the LOS, you know the way it's always been taught before Philly started to abuse it, hopefully the NFL changes the rules to outlaw it.

point is it's easy to think up this stuff, we all do it, that doesn't mean it's easy to implement, or make work, didn't we discuss straight snaps to Dillon last year too? :dunno:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
13 Dec 2023 13:31
wow, come on, has it occurred to you guys that Lafleur and also the O coaches had a ton of rookies to also coach up, or that some coaches don't scheme up tush pushing except past the LOS, you know the way it's always been taught before Philly started to abuse it, hopefully the NFL changes the rules to outlaw it.

point is it's easy to think up this stuff, we all do it, that doesn't mean it's easy to implement, or make work, didn't we discuss straight snaps to Dillon last year too? :dunno:
i would wager a tush push with quadzilla is easier to execute than an end around with a rookie
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Holy crap
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Like his predecessor, Love needs to figure out how to score each and every possession or Barry is sure to give it all back.

Sure the offense struggled but that has to be the worst called defense in recent memory. Did we blitz once? Playing way off on the final Giants drive? As Matty pointed out in his presser, multiple missed tackles and assignments.

Good thing I told myself “no expectations” this season, right????

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Pugger wrote:
12 Dec 2023 13:21
texas wrote:
12 Dec 2023 02:34
This stuff happens with a young team like ours. Should have been able to blow these guys out, it really was a team effort in finding a way to lose.

This will cool down the Love franchise QB talk I suppose; some of those 1st half throws were probably worse throws than any Rodgers has ever made. But I still expect him to continue to improve and be the franchise QB we are all hoping, he just isn't there yet.

As disappointing as he played (and he did enough to win, he was just disappointing based on his recent play), the defense really let us down. They couldn't stop NYG in the 2nd half at all, they just moved the ball at will on us, with no-name Devito no less (who btw is annoying af, I hate that guy, idk why (probably because he beat us with dumb QB runs that don't require any talent)). I'm probably the biggest Barry defender around (by merely taking the stance that he shouldn't be fired), and I am scratching my head about that game. NYG sucks ass and we lost to them. Yuck.
I think you should reassess your stance on Barry. Even without Jaire, Stokes and Quay we have enough good players on that side of the ball who shouldn't allow a terrible NYG team run roughshod over us like countless other teams have.
It was certainly a bad game, but I think on the whole, this defense has performed well enough that I would keep Barry. I understand the talent argument, I just think that we have had supposed talent in the past and the defense has looked a lot more pathetic. So I am not inclined to roll the dice with another new DC because our track record with DCs has been pretty bad thus I know how bad it can get, and we're not near that level of bad with Barry. Joe Barry isn't Dom. He's not even Pettine. He's not Bob Sanders.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

i wish we'd roll with another DC NOW. barry will never take us anywhere and he consistently underperforms IMO. More teams do more with less than he has. He's the type that does less with more.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

you got that right, Barry is the worst DC we've had in 20 years, he has had the best talent since 2011, and this year we've had the easiest schedule since 2006, take away the talent across this DL and Barry would have the worst defense in the league.

some guys are simply position coaches, Barry may be a great lbers coach, hard to complain to much about ours, McDuffie, has surely played up to his paycheck, Walker has played very well, Campbell in this defense was one of the best ILB we've had in years, whatever, go be a LBers coach Joe :bkw:
Last edited by Yoop on 13 Dec 2023 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Dec 2023 14:27
Holy crap
What's odd is Jersey Al over at CheeseheadTV was at the game and he said there was no noticeable wind. Yet we have film, and Aikman saying it was windy. Is there something weird about the air currents in that stadium?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Stadiums and wind are weird. The little flags on the goalposts can be motionless and the air in the stands might feel still yet the wind on the field can be swirling around like crazy. Or the exact opposite. There's probably some advanced science to all that stuff that's beyond me.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Holy crap
The only problem though which I mentioned somewhere earlier (it was clearly windy) was that it appeared to be a flutter ball from the get go. What I call flutter balls. Wobbly balls are not as aerodynamic as a tight spirals and are affected more in wind, thus the term "aerodynamic". I had mentioned I have seen that on occasion with him rolling out throwing on the run. Mechanics? I don't know. Just an observation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

My only two comments about this "game" against the Giants.

1. Those who criticize Dillon are looking at only a smidgen of the whole picture. He is fine. Not spectacular. But he is good. Or at least good enough. We could be in worse shape than this if we didn't have him.

2. Hard to evaluate this past game. I only watched the second half. And except for the last offensive drive, the entire team looked like it was half there. It was a miracle we led with less than 2 minutes to play. A good team would've blown us out. That said, a game like that is occasionally to be expected, especially after this youngest team in the league wins three straight. They were starting to get cocky and they forgot to do the work. They'll bounce back just fine. Believe.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

MY_TAKE wrote:
13 Dec 2023 18:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
Holy crap
The only problem though which I mentioned somewhere earlier (it was clearly windy) was that it appeared to be a flutter ball from the get go. What I call flutter balls. Wobbly balls are not as aerodynamic as a tight spirals and are affected more in wind, thus the term "aerodynamic". I had mentioned I have seen that on occasion with him rolling out throwing on the run. Mechanics? I don't know. Just an observation.
looked like a lame duck the moment it left his hand, I don't know about the wind, it did curve in towards the middle from the look on that vid.

to me he has the same footwork as AR, off platform, but imo lacks the leverage AR was able to generate and why his passes come up short. jmo

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Dec 2023 12:45
It still amazes me Lafleur thought the best way to score was to go 8 yards horizontally instead of 2 yards vertically.
If it had worked you'd be saying, well thats one way to defeat Dexter Lawrence since we don't have anyone that can block him. he just went to that well to many times, just maybe if he had another jetster it wouldn't be so obvious, he's used Reed to do it almost exclusively because Jones, Watson, other been hurt, if ya can't practice it then likely ya wont see it in games.

when ya consider how inconsistent the blocking is, all the key players injured, then imo Lafleur has done a pretty good job.