Buccaneers @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Dec. 17th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So reading these posts about the upcoming game vs Tampa I have learned thanks to yoop.

Rodgers throws to the middle all the time. People say he doesn't because they want to bash Rodgers. Rodgers didn't throw over the middle because it was the best thing to do. Look at the list. Only bad quarterbacks throw over the middle. Rodgers would throw over the middle and did throw over the middle when he had talent to do so like Driver, Jennings, JFIN, Cobb, Nelson, Adams (this list of players was literally with Rodgers every year until 2022 BW). Email Mike McCarthy...because Mike would say it was his fault why he didn't want Rodgers to throw over the middle because McCarthy is conservative. People are sayin Rodgers didn't throw over the middle only to degrade Rodgers. All good QBs avoid the middle. But don't say Rodgers avoided the middle because it was McCarthy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So how about the Bucs game huh?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2023 20:47
I haven’t watched a single bucs game all year. I have zero faith in our dc and if we have no receivers healthy and no starting RBs healthy it will probably be a long day for us

And Jordy wasn’t a middle of the field receiver unless it was Deep. Adams was and regularly caught balls there. So did Cobb when healthy, but how often was that?

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
Thanks for getting this thread back on track. There's a very serious and important aspect of this game, a critical game, that we have been ignoring...a question that needs to be answered...

...Does Baker Mayfield throw over the middle? :hide:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
15 Dec 2023 12:07
go pak go wrote:
Thanks for getting this thread back on track. There's a very serious and important aspect of this game, a critical game, that we have been ignoring...a question that needs to be answered...

...Does Baker Mayfield throw over the middle? :hide:
He should do it more. Outside passes aren't his friend.

Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

What says the Playoff picture?

We lose, it is over and we can tank? Or how is our chance in case we lose? (I understand we are right in the hunt when we win.)

Edit: To answer my own question. If we lose we are done, maybe not theoretically but it is hard to see it happen even if we win out. So in effect this is a Playoff game (as well as those following).

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

German_Panzer wrote:
15 Dec 2023 15:03

We lose, it is over and we can tank? Or how is our chance in case we lose? (I understand we are right in the hunt when we win.)

Edit: To answer my own question. If we lose we are done, maybe not theoretically but it is hard to see it happen even if we win out. So in effect this is a Playoff game (as well as those following).
In a vacuum. Loss drops us to 42%, win to 69%

Those almost assuredly wouldn’t be the final numbers depending on what other teams do.

But I would imagine having the Panthers and Bears on schedule give us a favorable outlook on how we finish the season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:

Frankly 9-8 most likely gets Green Bay in the show. We are absolutely still in it if GB loses to Tampa.

Your playoff chance declines simply because winning three straight is a low probability. But the actual record of 9-8 very likely punches a ticket for the Packers.
Yoop wrote:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

go pak go wrote:
15 Dec 2023 15:36
German_Panzer wrote:

Frankly 9-8 most likely gets Green Bay in the show. We are absolutely still in it if GB loses to Tampa.

Your playoff chance declines simply because winning three straight is a low probability. But the actual record of 9-8 very likely punches a ticket for the Packers.
Can probably beat the Panthers and maybe no QB Vikings. Unfortunately the Bears are going to approach the game as if it’s their Super Bowl. But absolutely need to beat the Bucs at all costs for head to head and conference record tie breakers.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
15 Dec 2023 15:34
German_Panzer wrote:

In a vacuum. Loss drops us to 42%, win to 69%

Those almost assuredly wouldn’t be the final numbers depending on what other teams do.

But I would imagine having the Panthers and Bears on schedule give us a favorable outlook on how we finish the season.
This game is a big one for playoff odds because it is Tampa and they have the same record. Losing to da Bares or even Minny wouldn't hurt as much.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Correct, if the Packers lose this game, there is no realistic chance at a playoff game. Last year, going into the last game, it was WIN and IN. They lost, badly.

I really think, in hindsight, that the team would have risen to the occasion had Love started that Lions game last year. And MLF knew it. But then he would have been faced with a choice between starting Love and Rodgers in a wild card game. A choice he did not want to make. A choice between a certain loss with Rodgers and a small loss of his trade value vs a win and a big time loss in Rodgers' trade value. So he took the easy way out and started Rodgers, knowing that the rest of the team would do a Sonny Liston in the second fight.

Too bad, Love could have used the experience with an off season to digest it. And then we probably would not be in this situation today" Win or else.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

From a pure mathematical standpoint: Green Bay being 9-8 with a loss to TB still very much likely gets us in. The chances of the Packers not getting in at 9-8 almost takes a miracle.

Why? Tiebreakers.

We have the head to head over the Rams and Saints. We would also have the division record tiebreaker over MN as long as they lose to DET once.

We wouldn't have the tie breaker over ATL or TB but one of them will be the division winner.

At 9-8 for GB not to get in, you would have to see MN win every game except vs us, Seattle to win them all and a perfect combination of wins/losses when the NFC South plays each other.

But yes. The best thing is to just beat the Bucs. Personally, I don't want to make the postseason at 9-8. I don't feel 9-8 is a playoff record and I would rather stay out rather than have to play the 2 seed at 9-8.
Yoop wrote:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Any thoughts on why Eric Stokes is not being activated? He’s been full practicing for at least 2 weeks and Jaire has been out. If the team is better with Rochell and Balentine that may be true, but that is a bad omen for Stokes future.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lake shark wrote:
16 Dec 2023 10:01
Any thoughts on why Eric Stokes is not being activated? He’s been full practicing for at least 2 weeks and Jaire has been out. If the team is better with Rochell and Balentine that may be true, but that is a bad omen for Stokes future.
Stokes was activated and then promptly pulled his hammy and went on IR. The hammy issues this team has are astounding...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Oh crap! We are stuck with the Dolphin game. :swear: Miami has a fun team this year and all but normally we get every Tampa game here. However, SW FL is considered a Miami market first and both teams are on CBS at the same time.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
15 Dec 2023 15:36
German_Panzer wrote:

If the loss is to Chi, sure. If to Tamoa it is much harder.