Buccaneers @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Dec. 17th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I can't give kudos to one facet of this packers team. Not Love, O-line could have definitely been better and overall the defense was a sieve. I guess Kenny Clark was good. Everyone else sucked. OH and Van Ness made a couple plays. Way to go Barry.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:52
lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:50
BF004 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:46

Clown of clown takes, you are so far up your own ass.

Barry for HC
I’ve said multiple times I don’t like Barry and think he shouldnt have been hired in the first place but these players are garbage.

Loves been just below average against some pretty bad defenses the last two weeks. Not sure how people can continue to be fake about this but I guess you’ll be genuine once they’re all gone like how TT was. Classic Packers fans.
Except Love wasn't below average today...
He had one bad miss early to reed. It happens. After that yea the dude made plays. What 10 straight completions with some darts to score??

Love that these pass catchers (wrs tes) are gonna be fine. Call me crazy. But this group over the next 3 years is set unless a true beast falls. Of course I got my green and gold blinders on

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

We would be soooo much better if Lambeau Stadium was a dome.

:hide:
GO PACK GO!!!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:54
BF004 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:51
Backthepack4ever wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:50

🤣.
You are standing with Barry?? Wow.

This last draft looks freaking great. But proceed
Lupe is broken.
It's what he has to say. If he acknowledges Love plays well, he can't legitimately continue his Gutekunst narrative. If he acknowledges the defensive problems are mostly on Barry, he can't legitimately continue his Gutekunst narrative. He's just completely tied to that narrative no matter what is happening on the field.
So the players who actually play the game were good? So normally when players are good we lose?

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

German_Panzer wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:44
Time to tank. :hide:

But seriously, pretty much what you had to expect going into the season: some good, some bad, some ugly. If MLF fires Barry to install a real stud at defense and if Gutebumst can deliver some talent, maybe even get some decent FA, then this team could be a threat next year.
How about progress, instead of more regression?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m sorry but you have 4 first round picks and a big money player in Preston on the defensive line. Regardless of scheme or the DC the defensive front should be dominating. They should be establishing the LOS and shutting down runs and getting better pressure than this. They aren’t. Because they aren’t doing very well.

Clark makes some incredible splash plays but disappears for stretches. Wyatt doesn’t try in run defense. Van Ness barely plays. Gary is like Clark and Wyatt had gay sex and had a child that plays the run bad and makes splash plays while disappearing for stretches. Stokes is terrible. Savage is bad even though he didn’t play today he still sucks. Campbell is getting paid to basically he useless against the run and in coverage. Quay makes no difference on the field than say a mid round LB.

Not sure what the defense is supposed to do but they’re a bunch of highly drafted underachievers and that’s under two different DCs but under one GM. Hmm what’s the constant?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

bud fox wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:00
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:54
BF004 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:51

Lupe is broken.
It's what he has to say. If he acknowledges Love plays well, he can't legitimately continue his Gutekunst narrative. If he acknowledges the defensive problems are mostly on Barry, he can't legitimately continue his Gutekunst narrative. He's just completely tied to that narrative no matter what is happening on the field.
So the players who actually play the game were good? So normally when players are good we lose?
No. They weren't "good". They also weren't in position to succeed. It's the same old &%$@ every time. It's starts with the coaching but yes the players need to make plays also. Nobody is excused from fault but I can see some talent that's not being unleashed

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:48
Unfortunate to see. We need to go through two scapegoats, maybe three to get rid of Gutenbumst. Probably gotta fire Barry, get rid of Love, and fire LaFleur to finally realize Gutenbumst has built a really bad team.
Totes, bro. The guy who chose the players that dominated DET and KC just put together a bad team. 🤡
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Lions, Chargers, Chiefs. It can be done. Those aren't wins without some talent on the field. Barry called more aggressive defenses those 3 weeks. He has called very passive defenses these last 2 weeks. Look at what the Bucs were doing at the end today, still blitzing, still playing aggressive and they were up by 14.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Our D got schematically whipped all day long. Campbell on slot receiver all day long. Recipe for success lol

Even on that last TD, Moore or Evans was making the play. We had nothing out there for that. That’s DC territory right there.

Everytime they had to, they had a wide open receiver. 3rd and didn’t matter for our D again today.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:11
Lions, Chargers, Chiefs. It can be done. Those aren't wins without some talent on the field. Barry called more aggressive defenses those 3 weeks. He has called very passive defenses these last 2 weeks. Look at what the Bucs were doing at the end today, still blitzing, still playing aggressive and they were up by 14.
💯. The bucs played like it was the 1st quarter. Aggressive

And let's be honest. Lavonte David is a hall of fame beast. I always loved that dudes game

He took over when it mattered. A true leader of men

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

But seriously, pretty much what you had to expect going into the season: some good, some bad, some ugly. If MLF fires Barry to install a real stud at defense and if Gutebumst can deliver some talent, maybe even get some decent FA, then this team could be a threat next year.
why are you so obsessed with tanking?
Because this season is going nowhere, with or without those happy 3 weeks where we showed promise. I feel it is reasonable to sacrifice this season for better draft picks = higher chances of good players. Sometimes you have to be able to postpone instant gratification. I’d tank from now on to maximize my chances in the draft and to give fringe players more minutes to evaluate them for the next season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
17 Dec 2023 18:42
go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

why are you so obsessed with tanking?
Because this season is going nowhere, with or without those happy 3 weeks where we showed promise. I feel it is reasonable to sacrifice this season for better draft picks = higher chances of good players. Sometimes you have to be able to postpone instant gratification. I’d tank from now on to maximize my chances in the draft and to give fringe players more minutes to evaluate them for the next season.
Old teams tank. 2022 made sense to tank.

Young teams don't tank. You gain far more by your players playing well than you do by them tanking. Just look at how many stars the Packers had on offense a couple weeks ago. The holes were limited because everone was playing. When you tank, suddenly everything is a hole.

I think the best case scenario is for the offense to continue playing well. You need that. I could see wanting to see the defense suck to simply force change.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Love was late again on some throws, and his poor ball placement is why our receivers are tackled as soon as they adjust to make those catches, amounts to zero yac, being late to trigger has another devastating affect, the defender has time to close and our receivers are helplessly led into very hard hits,, we see Wicks and the smaller Reed hobbling, but the same type hits happen to all the rest.

Love has regressed, to much thinking, can't handle any pressure, he's a clean pocket QB, take that away and he really struggles, poor tech, poor decisions, inaccuracy.

these issues are compounded with poor play calling as well as poor protection, and broken plays, Love has to be more consistent.

Defense has been atrocious ever since Barry was hired, minus stellar pass rush and his coverage schemes are easily picked apart.

at this Stage Lafleur needs to fire Barry, and if Lafleur doesn't do it Guty should step in and fire the both of em, Lafleur imho has lost the respect of some of the players, can't just trade every player who points out the lack of accountability with coaching

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

sooooo funny, people actually think this offense is playing well :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
18 Dec 2023 07:39
sooooo funny, people actually think this offense is playing well :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Relative to expectation, they're doing just fine. I'm seeing pretty much what I wanted to see from this offense at this point in the season. I'm not comparing them to the Rodgers led offense of the mid 2010's, though, as you seem to be.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
18 Dec 2023 07:47
Yoop wrote:
Relative to expectation, they're doing just fine. I'm seeing pretty much what I wanted to see from this offense at this point in the season. I'm not comparing them to the Rodgers led offense of the mid 2010's, though, as you seem to be.
prior to yesterdays game we ranked 18th, Tampa was 23, I expect that probably reversed after yesterday, what I expect is for Love to play similar to the way he played against Detroit, and KC, not just as good just similar, instead we see all the stuff I just mentioned in a prior post, Love has regressed back to the same stuff he did in his bad stretch

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
18 Dec 2023 08:06
APB wrote:
18 Dec 2023 07:47
Yoop wrote:
prior to yesterdays game we ranked 18th, Tampa was 23, I expect that probably reversed after yesterday, what I expect is for Love to play similar to the way he played against Detroit, and KC, not just as good just similar, instead we see all the stuff I just mentioned in a prior post, Love has regressed back to the same stuff he did in his bad stretch
I don't even know what you're talking about anymore...

Love had a 116.7 passer rating.

Guess what it was against KC?
Spoiler
Against Detroit?
Spoiler
And then you have the "wow" plays:

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Jordan Love had 3-4 passes I wasn't very fond of yesterday. Oh well, I expect even the greats to have 2-3 passes per game that aren't great. He's better when he sets and rips and he needs to work on it. He wasn't spectacular yesterday, but he wasn't bad by any means. an NFL team should be able to win with a QB playing like Jordan did yesterday against a team like Tampa. Not lose by 14 and the only reason it wasn't more, they stopped trying to score at the end.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Jordan Love was 75% completion, 284 yards and 2 TDs.

On top of that, Jordan had some plays that made me explode they were so insanely good.

That's not a GREAT day but it is absolutely a really good day.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.