Week 15 Post-Game: Bucs-34 Packers-20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Week 15 Post-Game: Bucs-34 Packers-20

Post by go pak go »

My least favorite record is 9-8.

Son of a b*tch we might end up being my least favorite record
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
17 Dec 2023 14:53
My least favorite record is 9-8.

Son of a b*tch we might end up being my least favorite record
No way. MAYBE they win next week. Queens and Bares are Ls.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Not really up for reading another argument of who sucks worse, and who's at fault.

It wasn't good. Offense was better than last week. ST wasnt as bad. Defense was the same outside of a few plays.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I am back to just tank for the draft pick. Need a LT. The only difference is that I think Love can be at least an average starter and probably better. He has come a long way. Needs to be more consistent with footwork and deep accuracy. Also learn better the type of throw (bullet, lofty, etc) needed in certain situations. But the more he plays the better he gets. Definitely not a $40 million guy, though, not yet.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

I'm fine with how Love played. Until they got down 14 he looked pretty damn good. Also need to pay attention to who is left by the end! No wicks no reed where did doubs go today? I still think Love can be good but wouldn't pay top qb money just yet.
Hoping some of these injuries don't linger but gave wicks a chance to shine (until he got hurt) and reed continues to impress. If someone could remind doubs he's supposed to be #1 they could still look good.
I see wins over Carolina and the bears. Vikings I just don't see it with this d unless they remember how they made the lions and chiefs look

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Bad performance. Playoffs are out of the question. This team is gonna get eliminated by the Bears of the Panthers don’t do it next week or the Vikings after that.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

jglovia wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:06
I'm fine with how Love played. Until they got down 14 he looked pretty damn good. Also need to pay attention to who is left by the end! No wicks no reed where did doubs go today? I still think Love can be good but wouldn't pay top qb money just yet.
Hoping some of these injuries don't linger but gave wicks a chance to shine (until he got hurt) and reed continues to impress. If someone could remind doubs he's supposed to be #1 they could still look good.
I see wins over Carolina and the bears. Vikings I just don't see it with this d unless they remember how they made the lions and chiefs look
What happened to Wicks?

For me it is inexcusable to allow a goofball like Mayfield to look like an All-Pro. My fear is Numbnuts LaFleur will not can Barry any time soon.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Love wasn't elite, but he was definitely good enough. Defense the problem for the 2nd game in a row.

I am officially okay with firing Barry now, although I will say that I don't think we are as talented on defense as people say we are. But this was 2 stinkers in a row, at a key point in our season, from a unit that really shouldn't have any excuses.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:00
I am back to just tank for the draft pick. Need a LT. The only difference is that I think Love can be at least an average starter and probably better. He has come a long way. Needs to be more consistent with footwork and deep accuracy. Also learn better the type of throw (bullet, lofty, etc) needed in certain situations. But the more he plays the better he gets. Definitely not a $40 million guy, though, not yet.
I don't know about tanking but these kids are not playoff ready yet.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

2023 is now becoming very reminiscent of 2008 with these December losses.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:09
Bad performance. Playoffs are out of the question. This team is gonna get eliminated by the Bears of the Panthers don’t do it next week or the Vikings after that.
A lot of words to simply say one more loss knocks us out of the playoffs :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:10
Love wasn't elite, but he was definitely good enough. Defense the problem for the 2nd game in a row.

I am officially okay with firing Barry now, although I will say that I don't think we are as talented on defense as people say we are. But this was 2 stinkers in a row, at a key point in our season, from a unit that really shouldn't have any excuses.
Barry's problem is he doesn't put his players in a position to be successful. I watched clips of other games today on Red Zone and even the lousiest teams' defenses don't look like ours. They are aggressive and get after people.
Last edited by Pugger on 17 Dec 2023 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:13
2023 is now becoming very reminiscent of 2008 with these December losses.
Let's hope 2024 is a repeat of 2009. ;)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah the defense is the same every week. It allows long drives based on underneath passing. The scheme is soft and predictable. The players don’t fit the scheme (for instance the secondary is athletic and twitchy more than physical with great feel/football IQ).

The formula to beat us is short passes and don’t make mistakes. Even when we had “Good” results it was Because possessions were limited.

We rarely force punts. We rarely get turnovers. And other than that they just score. We allow an insanely high percentage of opposing possessions to be scoring drives. Insanely high.

It has to change. Either we need to bring in elite zone and tackling players throughout the secondary, or we need to fire the coordinator.

We had five sacks today. Our secondary players are super athletic. There are things to work with here. But the combination of the players we have and the scheme we run is completely broken and constantly beatable. The formula is simple to understand and to execute; dump offs, short passes, YAC, prosper.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 17 Dec 2023 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:15
lupedafiasco wrote:
No I was saying this team WILL lose one more game. Not a matter of if or who.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

wallyuwl wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:00
Many of the same thoughts I have had. To me, the worst defensive performance of the year. It was kind of like first half of the first lions game. Defense not able to make the play to get off the field.
Not giving up on Love or anything but he can definitely improve. Here is take I have about him and yes, O line is part of the problem, but not completely.

He has a tendency to start drifting straight back in the pocket with slower developing plays/ maybe deeper routes, which leads to weak, craps throws off balance, off back foot. Sometimes he has gotten away with it but, to me, its going to be a big problem until he starts trying to stand his ground and step up in pocket to throw, or, sneak through pressure to run or drift more lateral. Like I said, and I understand that O line needs to be better, but its something for him to work on.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:20
go pak go wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:15
lupedafiasco wrote:
No I was saying this team WILL lose one more game. Not a matter of if or who.
Pretty sure a month ago you said we would be 3-9 too.

I won't be shocked if we win 3 straight or drop 2 of 3.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I knew baker was gonna nickel and dime the heck out of our zone. The way to stop baker is to blitz the heck out of him. Rattle the little guy and he gets irratic.

Pretty much the opposite of out play style
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:25

Pretty sure a month ago you said we would be 3-9 too.

I won't be shocked if we win 3 straight or drop 2 of 3.
Bears were up 17-7 going into the 4th:
image.png
image.png (20.01 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."