Stages of growth; 2023 young Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
27 Oct 2023 07:53
again to harsh, not every player is a instant success story, and some players have not been a good fit in what we ask of them, imo Savage has the mentality of a SS minus the physicality to do that heavy lifting that we ask of our SS's to do, last half of year two he was one of the best ball hawks in the league, what happened ?:idn:
At some point we need to treat professionals like professionals. You cant say he has the mentality of a STRONG safety and say he lacks the physicality. That just makes no sense. If he is shying away from making physical plays he doesnt have the mentality. The last half of year 2 he did well in coverage and was aggressive but anytime he needed to make a tackle or take on a block there was no effort. You cant be a defenisve player at the pro level and be that soft. I said it then, was ridiculed as usual by the forum and a year later everyone was hating Savage.
we do to much 20 front to expect a 3 tech to be a great run stopper, he's to light to 2 gap, but as a single gap penetrator he's often out of position to make a play on the RB, to me that is mostly a scheme issue?????
As I said. He is too reckless as a run defender and there isnt any discipline. It has nothing to do with the scheme as it is with him trying to make a play but really leaving his team out to dry. He isnt doing his job in the scheme against the run. Now against the pass hes been terrific.
between Love and the receivers, and this mash unit OL, it's hard to eval anyone, most of our receivers barely have a 50% catch right, several even less, sure blame some of it on Love, to me more belongs on the WR/OL groups,
I would agree if it wasnt for how poor the accuracy has been when things are perfectly fine or if it didnt date back to college. This is what Love is. Hes inaccurate and makes bad decisions.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Oct 2023 11:13
I said it then, was ridiculed as usual by the forum and a year later everyone was hating Savage.
There you go, again. Playing the woe-is-me victim.

Once gain, the ridicule came from your insistence on painting him as a completely inept, horrible player and pick by Gute. Your consistent exaggeration of points you make are what earn you the ridicule.

Savage wasn't a horrible player and/or pick then, nor is he now. You wouldn't know it from reading your posts, though.

Wanna talk Billy Turner next?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
29 Oct 2023 11:05
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Oct 2023 11:13
I said it then, was ridiculed as usual by the forum and a year later everyone was hating Savage.
There you go, again. Playing the woe-is-me victim.

Once gain, the ridicule came from your insistence on painting him as a completely inept, horrible player and pick by Gute. Your consistent exaggeration of points you make are what earn you the ridicule.

Savage wasn't a horrible player and/or pick then, nor is he now. You wouldn't know it from reading your posts, though.

Wanna talk Billy Turner next?
Please give me more examples of me being right.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

All I can say is that it’s tough to judge any growth and it seems apparent the coaching staff is hindering development.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The only reason that I can stick fault on the coaches overall at this point is regression. This team started with a couple of good games. Since then, it is not competitive. Even in a rebuilt year, expectations should demand a competitive team.

That doesn't mean we're in it at the last minute of every game. But when was the last time we scored a TD in the first half? Can't count how many games? That is humiliating. And that is enough to get coaching staffs fired. The question is whether that comes before or after end of the season.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:43
The only reason that I can stick fault on the coaches overall at this point is regression. This team started with a couple of good games. Since then, it is not competitive. Even in a rebuilt year, expectations should demand a competitive team.

That doesn't mean we're in it at the last minute of every game. But when was the last time we scored a TD in the first half? Can't count how many games? That is humiliating. And that is enough to get coaching staffs fired. The question is whether that comes before or after end of the season.
most of our first half drives end because of mistakes, that imo is a reflection on our youth just as much as coaching and poor play from this QB

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Scott4Pack wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:43

I believe that opponents not having any film on the Packers offense with Love had a lot to do with the offense performing well in the first few games.

I don't believe the coaching staff is in any danger of being fired during or after this season.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's an article from Cheesehead TV talking about the contributions from Day 3 of 2023 draft

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/the-green ... -nfl-draft

"Green Bay Packers GM Brian Gutekunst managed to add some real contributors to the team on the third day of this year’s NFL Draft. While it’s difficult to truly evaluate a team’s draft for at least three years, Gute did a very good job of snagging players who have made surprising contributions to the team in their rookie campaigns."
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This Packer squad has topped off and achieved what we could reasonably expect; a topsy-turvy season with high highs and low lows. That has happened and we have managed to win 6 games with a chance of still getting two more.

But this team is now in a three year slide from 13 wins to 8 wins to whatever this last two-game thing is. Let's make not of that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Stage of growth that the Packers are currently in?

Regression.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Coming into the season, I hoped for a team that would grow and compete for a playoff spot but, ultimately, did not expect to be a championship caliber roster. I've already checked that box.

I also hoped to get a definitive answer on whether the future QB was on the roster. He is. I've already checked that box, too.

Those unexpected wins during the gauntlet portion of our season showed this QB and team is on a positive trajectory and that they can compete with the best when they execute properly. Perhaps that set some immediate expectations that weren't realistic and now the disappointment is more bitter...? In any case, that stretch of games checked the necessary boxes for me as to how this team moves forward into 2024. Namely, the QB question. I firmly believe we got our next one. I also believe we've already got some weapons on offense to build upon. Check.

These recent losses are bitter, sure, but for me this season has already been a success. Hell, if the defensive struggles continue, as I believe they will, we may actually see some added progress with the firing of Barry. Looking forward to checking that box, too.