Week 15 Post-Game: Bucs-34 Packers-20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
18 Dec 2023 06:59
Can anyone tell me why Preston Smith is on the field so much? He had 39 snaps. He produced no sacks and no tackles and just 1 assist.

By contrast, LVN had 3 tackles and an assist and a SACK in 26 snaps and Enagbare had 2 tackles and an assist and a SACK and a forced fumble in 25 snaps.

It seems to me that this is another reason to fire Barry, he puts the wrong player on the field too much.
We need our best coverage guy on the field more. Jefferson and Davante no match for Preston.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Preston Smith is on the field so much? He had 39 snaps. He produced no sacks and no tackles and just 1 assist.

By contrast, LVN had 3 tackles and an assist and a SACK in 26 snaps and Enagbare had 2 tackles and an assist and a SACK and a forced fumble in 25 snaps.

It seems to me that this is another reason to fire Barry, he puts the wrong player on the field too much.
Preston Smith has actually been decent this year, 1 game not withstanding.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

No words...except wtf.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

I've always been a fan of moving on from Joe Barry, now more than ever.

There was a play late in the 3rd quarter/early 4th when we were on defense. TB was about to snap the ball and Rudy Ford was waving his arms frantically indicating (1) he didn't know what the play/assignment was or (2) he did, and others weren't lined up correctly. The play resulted in a TB touchdown.

We certainly have enough talent on the defensive side of the ball to play better and more consistently. Maybe not a top 10-like defense but certainly better than what has been shown week in and week out.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Dec 2023 08:38
TheSkeptic wrote:

Preston Smith has actually been decent this year, 1 game not withstanding.
Yeah but next year is an even year.

I don't mess with karma or whatever voodoo sh*t somebody put on Preston Smith. I think this should be his last year here unless he agrees to a massive pay cut. Overall a great signing. He provided 3 excellent years out of 5.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Preston has been one of the few packer players to live up to his contract for the duration of his time here. He hasnt been league best, but hes been just fine. Hes acted his wage.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Dec 2023 11:24
Preston has been one of the few packer players to live up to his contract for the duration of his time here. He hasnt been league best, but hes been just fine. Hes acted his wage.
...and healthy/available.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lulu wrote:
18 Dec 2023 11:28
Drj820 wrote:
18 Dec 2023 11:24
...and healthy/available.
yup, even the years people think he has been bad...hes been available, better than his backup would have been, and adequate. Hes been a great Packer/signing.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Dec 2023 11:01
and he was doing it on an ankle that was probably far less than 100%. Just gutting it out and doing well. I'm a fan

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also, Romoe Doubs is a really good blocking WR.

We have a really, really good and young group at WR.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
18 Dec 2023 08:30
TheSkeptic wrote:

We need our best coverage guy on the field more. Jefferson and Davante no match for Preston.
The fact that our illustrious DC has Smith covering any WR is a fireable offense.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
18 Dec 2023 12:21
Also, Romoe Doubs is a really good blocking WR.

We have a really, really good and young group at WR.
Yes indeed! We all were so worried about the WR room last summer and it appears that is one of our strengths going forward.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Rasheed Walker been stringing along some nice games.

I think you try to upgrade, but you also really don’t need to trade up to like #6 or anything to take a tackle.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Dec 2023 06:11
texas wrote:
17 Dec 2023 23:14
Drj820 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 21:32
Best case scenario for the packers is the jets continue to lose and saleh gets canned and comes to GB to be our DC for his buddy Lafleur.

Saleh is a good dc but a clown of a HC. I hope woody doesn’t give him a pass and just clears house.
idk, best case is this team gets their head out of their ass and plays like they did during that 3-week stretch against LAC, DET, and KC, we make the playoffs, go on a run, and win the Super Bowl.

Those things can happen and Barry can still be fired
Yeah, I'm not saying they can't, just that we can set our goals a little higher

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 18:36
The TB game convinced me to join yall's side of the argument, but this tweet really convinced me. All of it is true except for maybe Tannehill. It's a wonder we have been winning as much as we have.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Yoop wrote:
18 Dec 2023 07:48
who else does Barry have that can drop into a zone out of a 50 front base front package? not defending Barry, and maybe others can do it, but I havn't seen LVN drop, or Gary, or Enegbare, imho Smith has to play till someone else can actually be a OLB, and do that stuff, your asking a bunch of DE's who have probably never been asked to drop and cover to do it.

And Smith has played pretty well all year.
I don't much care who he has to fill the role. If he hasn't got anyone who can stop Godwin getting open in midfield for an easy 15 yard gain, then he needs to do something different - not carry on doing the same thing badly.

The D had one tactic - get a sack. If they didn't get a sack, then the completion was there all day long. It is pathetic to see Godwin get his tenth identical catch and the defensive coordinator's attitude is presumably "sorry boys, I'm out of ideas". If Baker Mayfield is throwing a perfect game, then trying something else can hardly make it worse, can it. :bkw:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »